SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tortured for Christ - do you have this book?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Tortured for Christ - do you have this book?

If not...I received this email from Voice of the Martyrs and if you do not have this book, I highly recommend it.

[img align=left]http://etools.ncol.com/a/vomso/graphics/VOMSO_tfcBook.jpg[/img]

It was the book that shocked the nation. After surviving 14 years in communist prisons, Pastor Richard Wurmbrand came to America to proclaim the trials and testimonies of our persecuted brothers and sisters.

In Tortured for Christ, Wurmbrand tells of his imprisonment for his work with the underground church and introduces the work of The Voice of the Martyrs. Forty years later, The Voice of the Martyrs remains true to its calling to be a voice for persecuted Christians, to serve with them in their time of need and to assist them in their efforts to proclaim the gospel.

We would like to extend this special opportunity for you to request a complimentary copy of Tortured for Christ for your Christian friends and family members. Help spread the message of today's persecuted church. Simply follow the link below.

[url=https://etools.ncol.com/a/tfc/bg_vomtfc_wdbm-tfc-flash_346.html]I would like to request a complimentary copy of Tortured for Christ for my friend(s)[/url]

2008/12/16 22:53
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Tortured for Christ - do you have this book?

Quote:
I highly recommend it.

This is one of the first books I read as a young Christian along with Foxes Book of Martyrs.

One of the more sobering parts was when Richard preached and they beat him for it. He said they made a deal, "We preach and they beat. We were happy preaching and they were happy beating us- so we were all happy." Many many other like sobering trials he endured.

2008/12/17 5:55Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

The book has my commendation also along with several of their later publications including [u]Into the Den of Infidels[/u], [u]Iran desperate for God[/u], [u]God's Missiles over Cuba[/u], the story of the current president of VOM, Tom White, along with their montly newsletter regarding different areas in which the church is being persecuted, and their emailed "prison alerts" in which you may write to those currently in prison for the cause of Christ.

There may be aspects of their support that some may find fault with but the general principle of "remembering those in bonds" is certainly a biblical principle, "I was in prison..."

Clint

2008/12/17 6:37Profile
ifmypeople

Re:

My wife and I went to a small church meeting in Yuba City CA 21 years ago and to our blessing Pastor Wurmbrand and his loveley wife were sharing their testimony. He kept his shoes off the whole time he spoke because of the constant pain he had from the torture he endured. At the end of the meeting Pastor Wurmbrand and Sabina were in the back of the church with a small book table. After speaking with him he handed me a small book and told me to read his story. While I was talking to Pastor Wurmbrand my wife was being given a stack of books from Sabina. They shined with the love of Jesus. I treasure the little book this dear brother gave me, its contents have deepened my love for my King. Rob Still Dundee NY

2008/12/17 7:24Profile
bible1985

Re:

i do have the book, i haven't read it yet but i definitely will.

2008/12/17 8:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Tortured for Christ - do you have this book?

I have a few books by Richard Wurmbrand, and Tortured for Christ is one of them, which I bought over 20 years ago.

It does make sobering reading, and it seems like we are getting closer to experiencing some of the same persecution in this day and age.

God bless.

2008/12/17 8:55Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
sobering

I think that is an excellent word to describe this book.

Powerful, Sobering, Encouraging, True Faith

I received the book from VOM and read it in one night. I could not put it down. I highly recommend it as well as everyone else here.

This was one of the passages that spoke to my heart and made me stop and contemplate:

"The Communists convened a congress of all Christian bodies in our Parliament building. There were four thousand priests, pastors, and ministers of all denominations- and thesemen of God chose Joseph Stalin as honorary president of this congress. At the same time he was president of the World Movement of the Godless and a mass murderer of Christians. One after another, bishops and pastors arose and declared that communism and Christianity are fundamentally the same and could coexist. One minister after another said words of praise toward communism and assured the new government of th eloyalty of the Church.

My wife and I were present at this congress. Sabrina told me, [i]"Richard, stand up and wash away this shame from the face of Christ! They are spitting in His face."[/i] I said to her, [i]"If I do so, you lose your husband."[/i] She replied, [b]"I don't wish to have a coward as a husband."[/b] (page 15)

Hope this encourages,
Phil

2008/12/17 12:43Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I don't know if it was said, but if you look closly at the site, you can send these books to your friends and families for free as well. What a blessing that is.

2008/12/18 12:53Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re:

I have it but it is in a box in my storage unit. Once my wife and I give up this nomadic lifestyle, I'll have to gve it a good read!

2008/12/19 14:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy