SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Grinch People Are Back Again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Krispy,

From C. Daniels piece;
"The ACLU has expended thousands of man-hours for no other reason than to keep the symbols of this holiday out of public places, atheists have virtually bent over backwards to show their public disrespect for the day, and companies have forbidden their employees to say Merry Christmas to their customers for fear of offending the politically correct.

Now why is it that these people fight so hard against having this one season celebrated for its true meaning? What so offends them about the name of Christ?"

Please do not lump me in with these heathens. It is not the celebration of God's marvelous gift to us of salvation (through His Son Jesus' perfect life, death and resurrection) which I am protesting, it is the Sentimentalism that is attached to His birth. The Charlie Daniels piece seems so like all the 'feel good' emails sent saying 'forward this to 11 friends in 10 minutes for a blessing.' My faith is not based on 'feel good' sayings or on decorated trees and manger scenes, it is based on my knowledge of my failings, miserable as they are and of the mercy provided by the Perfect Sacrifice of God's own Son to blot out those sins of mine. There is nothing warm and fuzzy there. There is a depth of gratitude that knows no bounds. I want to share this wonderful gift with all I meet, not just in a certain month, by tradition of man, surrounded by snow and yule logs and gay packages. Every day of the year with sincerity of spirit. Not on some Man Made day.

Sincerely,
white stone

2008/12/16 14:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
seems so like all the 'feel good' emails sent saying 'forward this to 11 friends in 10 minutes for a blessing.
Sincerely,
white stone

I agree with you on this! and most of the folks that I get them from are supposed to be Christians. I personally delete these right away,
I would really like to respond back with an argument of my own against them, but sometimes just not replying back at all might do more good, and might just be a better kinder, gentler and more Godly message to the person.

2008/12/16 15:05Profile

Re:

Whitestone... I dont disagree with your point, but the point you're trying to make has absolutely nothing to do with what the article was about. I wonder if you even read it... and if you did, I question your reading comprehension.

Yet, you go on and on... much like a blaring trumpet during a soft symphony. Loud and out of place.

If you would read the article again (slower this time) and catch exactly what it is that Charlie is talking about, perhaps you will see the point of the article.

What you have to say has it's place, and in the proper context it would make sense, and I would probably agree with you for the most part.

But on this particular thread, about this particular article... your comments are about out of place as a black bear in a Holiday Inn swimming pool.

Here's a hint about the article... Charlie is articulating why it is that the heathen [b]hate[/b] the name of Christ. And he is suggesting that our response to them be one of sympathy and prayer for their salvation.

How you've blown it into what you have is waaaay beyond my understanding.

By the way, I dont know if you are always expecting to get into an argument with me or something... but it's beginning to feel like you're ready to pounce on me whenever I write something. Whats up with that, bro?

Krispy

PS... we all get it. "December 25th" has pagan origins. Point taken. Do you also refrain from naming the days of the week too? To be consistant you need to because they also have pagan origins. So do many of the things in your church... like candles on the communion table.

2008/12/16 15:40
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
By the way, I dont know if you are always expecting to get into an argument with me or something... but it's beginning to feel like you're ready to pounce on me whenever I write something. Whats up with that, bro?

Krispy

And just when I thought I had the patent on that, I find out Krispy get a piece of the pie, I am very sad. :-o

2008/12/16 15:45Profile

Re:

Bill... when was the last time I pounced on you? Everytime I try you scream like a little girl!

:-P

Krispy

2008/12/16 15:48
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Bill... when was the last time I pounced on you? Everytime I try you scream like a little girl!

:-P

Krispy

I was talking about Whitestone, she jumped on me in a PM one time about a post I made in a thread that made me stay on my knees for a week in Prayer, then God said I did nothing wrong what am I doing. :-)

2008/12/16 15:55Profile

Re:

Ahh... didn't pick up on the fact that Whitestone is a woman.

Sorry Janice! lol... dont know how I missed that.

Krispy

2008/12/16 16:05
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Why I 'pounced'

Dear Krispy,

The reason I pounced was the big RED FLAG that was waved at me in the first sentence of the article,
[i]"[b]We are soon celebrating a holy holiday called Christmas.[/b] That's spelled C-h-r-i-s-t mas and the first six letters in the name of the holiday should tip off any person with enough gray matter to tie their shoes that the day is about somebody or something called Christ."[/i]

If C. Daniels (I can not get it in my head that this is not the Charlie Daniels of musical fame, by the way, who did 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia,' forgive me for digressing) anyway, if he had simply mentioned the fact that [b]some[/b] Christians care to associate the holiday with Jesus, that would not have produced my urge to come back strongly. He pushed that as the main premise of the article. AND your choice of title also was provocative.

I am not a miserable person who sits in her home and feels glum. I have every reason to be full of joy for the marvelous FREE gift of salvation God provided for me through His own Son. I enjoy humor and my husband has taught me how to play. I was rather uptight when he met me but am better now. :-)

I did read the Daniels article and he does ring the right bells in the right places but by pushing the Christmas business I feel it probably misleads some into staying asleep in the worship of that day. If you could show me, in Scripture, the worship of Christ's birth - by the church, not by the angels or shepherds or the wise men, I might relent on my stance.

In no way do I wish to be antagonistic towards either of you.

Brother Bill, what I wrote you in a PM was between you and me. Do you wish to open the discussion to the forum?

Regards,
white stone (janice)

2008/12/16 16:39Profile

Re: Why I 'pounced'

Whitestone... we all get that you do not celebrate Christmas. I dont think there is anyone here that doesnt get that, you've made it quite clear.

Ya know what? You've connected all the dots, and this is the conclusion you've come up with and it works for you. I would never attempt to tell you to do anything different if it would cause you to sin against your conscience, which obviously it would.

It's kinda like me with the KJV... I was saved in the early 90's and was a NIV guy all the way. A few years later I was confronted with the KJV issue, and at first I ignored it. Then I spent 2 years basically studying nothing but this issue... and now I promote only the KJV. And not everyone agrees with me, obviously.

So I understand where you're coming from. But one thing that is important to know... you can not let this type of stuff come between you and your brothers and sisters. And by constantly harping on it... that is what you're doing.

I think many will attest here that when it comes to Bible versions I can get involved in some pretty heated debates. But I have [b]never[/b] done so to the detriment of the brethren. I dont seperate myself from anyone over it.

I dont think you're trying to seperate yourselve from anyone, but perhaps the constant "anti-Christmas" drum beating is causing a seperation to happen. Some of us would like to wish others Merry Christmas without the annoyance of constant "do you know Christmas is pagan?!?" rhetoric.

By the way... that article was in fact written by [b]the[/b] Charlie Daniels. The writer of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia". Please tell me you're not going to judge his salvation based on a song he wrote over 30 years ago when he wasn't a born again Christian, are you? (a song that I think is rather benign anyway...)

Krispy

2008/12/16 17:04
White_Stone

North Central Florida

we agree on KJV. yipee, celebration time, etc. . . .

Dear Krispy,

Glad to see we do agree on something. KJV, although I do have several Amplified Bibles (reading one once gave me great comfort, but that was probably due more to the Source than the printed word).

Actually, I am [b]very glad to learn it is the Charlie Daniels we used to listen to in our youth. How wonderful he is saved[/b]! Praise the Lord, His ways are beyond wonderful.

You said about me, "And by constantly harping on it... that is what you're doing." Have you failed to take notice of what I said in my last reply? You started this thread with a title loaded for bear and now you are criticizing me for being the bear? I did not start a critical thread about the popular holiday. If an opening presents itself I will consider stepping into a thread, it is an open forum in that regard, is it not? This is not the only subject I have posted on, either.

If we were able to speak one-on-one it would be much easier to resolve differences. I would have none between us if it were possible. But when something as pressing as the man made holiday comes up, if I could not speak out I pray God would send others to do so.

I call the months and days of the week by their common names BUT they are not promoted by me to be Holy names, as is Christmas - that man made holiday we have been discussing.

I have come to realize that sentiment and attachments are simply worldly emotions that should not take preeminence over my attention to and worship of God through His Son & my Saviour Jesus. I learned that from one of the Puritan writers who wrote about God's Providence, not certain which one. They said for instance, if I had an unnatural attachment to a pet or husband, God in his Providence could take that pet or husband away to prune me and make me grow towards Him. Maybe God in his marvelous Providence took away the marvel and magic of that holiday from me to enable me to grow closer to Him. I thank Him for His Wisdom.

Kind regards,
white stone

2008/12/16 17:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy