SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone ever read the book absolute surrender by andrew murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible1985

Anyone ever read the book absolute surrender by andrew murray

It is a powerful and very beautiful book by a man who was very close to God. I highly recommend this author and book, it is a very cheap book running know more than 7 dollars.

2008/12/14 15:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Anyone ever read the book absolute surrender by andrew murray

This is one of the best from a man who has been a tremendous blessing to me through his prolific writings. Here is a brief snipet from the book describing the importance of the topic...But again, we came to the question of absolute surrender, and felt that that is the want in the Church of Christ, and that is why the Holy Spirit cannot fill us, and why we cannot live as people entirely separated unto the Holy Spirit; that is why the flesh and the self-life cannot be conquered. We have never understood what it is to be absolutely surrendered to God as Jesus was.

You can read the book online [url=http://www.ccel.org/ccel/murray/surrender.toc.html]HERE[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2008/12/14 17:43Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Anyone ever read the book absolute surrender by andrew murray

Yes it is an excellent book. I have it at work and have read it many times.

2008/12/14 17:45Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I've read this book and I can vouch for its marvel and diffusion of the Spirit of holiness within the pages. It's one of those rare books that can truly be called "anointed" (as much as I've come to dislike the word), comparable in blessedness to Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy".

p.s. Another great Murray book is "Humility"; it's like the sister companion to Absolute Surrender.

2008/12/14 18:46Profile
bible1985

Re:

i actually might be getting both of the books for christmas from my mother in law, they have them both together at the christian family store. I originally had absolute surrender and i let someone borrow it but never got it back. He seems to be preaching in his writing which i like, i prefer him over charles spurgeon writings actually, but thats me.

2008/12/14 20:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy