SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is America a Christian Nation??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: judgement on american church

Quote:
think God's Church in America is like the nation of Israel ... Therefore my take is not that God's judgment is now on America because of her sins, but that God's judgment is on His Church in American because of our sins, for the Church in America is now responsible for the breaking of this commandment ..."I AM THE LORD THY GOD, THOU SHALT NOT HAVE STRANGE GOD'S BEFORE ME".

I believe you are quite right- for this is what the Lord has been showing me for awhile now. It all boils down to this. We(His people)are an idolatrous and adulterous people- just as His people were back then.

I just can't understand the attack on sinners and their obvious sinful behaviors- when in fact that is what sinners do. (talking here about the normal "christian sin-hunt" like 'Focus on the Family' type stuff) When in reality we should be attacking and revealing the sin in the church.

In Him, Chanin

2005/3/7 23:03Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

When in reality we should be attacking and revealing the sin in the church.

1 Corinthians 5

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast–as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people–not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”

2005/3/8 8:07Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

In response to the original question...NO, not even close. But I agree with Chanin, we are instructed by Paul to expose and expel sin and the immoral brother within the church, while continuing to show mercy and love to both them and the sinners outside the church.

2005/3/8 8:55Profile
moreofHim

Re: sin in the church

Quote:
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”

Thank you for this reminder. I had forgotten about that verse- even though I know it in my heart to be true even before reading it. :)

In Him, chanin

2005/3/8 9:26Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
I just can't understand the attack on sinners and their obvious sinful behaviors- when in fact that is what sinners do. (talking here about the normal "christian sin-hunt" like 'Focus on the Family' type stuff) When in reality we should be attacking and revealing the sin in the church.

Amen Chanin. Personally, I don't get "Christian activism against sin in the world"........This trying to "clean up the world" as Dobson and the AFA are continually doing, I don't understand.

edited to add: As I was reading a wonderful post by RobertW on another thread, he spoke of the Judeaizer's and this thought came to my mind---a simple thought really, but it just struck me: what many Christians are trying to do to the UNSAVED is very much like what the Judeaizers were doing to the new converts. They are trying to bring about righteousness/godliness through moral conduct. Without faith, the physical circumcision(moral behavior)is meaningless----to God. Sure, if the ungodly acted moral, our lives as Christians would be easier, but in the end, they're still lost----so what is that to our profit?

In Him, Cindy :-)

2005/3/8 15:57Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sis. Cindy wrote:

Quote:
-a simple thought really, but it just struck me: what many Christians are trying to do to the UNSAVED is very much like what the Judeaizers were doing to the new converts

Amen!

Also, I wonder about the "Judeaizers" of today. Do they know Him?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/3/8 18:13Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
Also, I wonder about the "Judeaizers" of today. Do they know Him?

I don't know, nor can I, I believe. However, sometimes I think people are wrongly labelled "Judeaizers or Pharisees" because they believe and teach that as believers, we are to obey---after salvation. I think what is the problem with many who involve themself in Christian activism against the ungodly is that they forgot the order of things: First you become the Lord's, then you start forsaking sin as it is made known to you. It seems the activist tries to get the sinner to forsake the sin while they are still a sinner. As I said, makes a Christian's life as well as other "moral" people's lives easier, but to what effect?

2005/3/8 21:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy