SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A Wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord!!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JRuth

Moscow, PA

A Wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord!!!!!

I was reading in Isaiah and two verses really stuck out to me about how everything that God does is perfect! Even the "waster to destroy"!! Imagine God being in control of even that! I know that in my head. But for some reason this morning it really got my attention!
Is. 54:16 -17 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

God created everything. He created the kind and the loving and He created the rude and the mean. Cannot He who created everything and gave breath to everyone. He who has it to rain on the just and on the unjust, cannot He be in perfect control of whatever I might go through!!!! What is a little misunderstanding here or a hard word there? It is all a part of the school of God. He is testing...trying the reins. He is searching our hearts! "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." What a comforting thought!

May our hearts be perfect toward Him! May we be looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith!!! He had us in mind when He came to earth and as a lamb to the slaughter, payed the penalty of our sins! Such a blessed Saviour...what a wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord!!!!
No matter what hardships we face, no matter how big the giant we face, we have a Saviour and He is the Victor! Let's keep our hearts perfect toward Him so that we can have joy in serving Him! :-)
~Jerusala

2008/12/11 0:40Profile
pastorfrin

Re: A Wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord!!!!!

A Wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord

A wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord,
A wonderful Saviour to me,
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
Where rivers of pleasure I see.

He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of his love,
And covers me there with his hand.

A wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away,
He holdeth me up, and I shall not be moved,
He giveth me strength as my day.

With numberless blessings each moment he crowns,
And filled with a fullness divine,
I sing in my rapture, O glory to God
For such a Redeemer as mine!

When clothed in his brightness, transported I rise
To meet him in clouds of the sky,
His perfect salvation, his wonderful love,
I'll shout with the millions on high.

2008/12/11 4:57Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:

Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear... All because we did not carry everything to God in prayer. The other day I was listening through Matthew again and the sermon on the mount amazes me. I thought what if all this was true, if it is just as simple as He says it is. How much do I hold back just in case. What would total surrender, total abandonment, total trust cost me? Absolutely everything. What would I gain? Perfect peace and joy. Thank you for your thought, and may the Lord help my unbelief. In Christ Barry

2008/12/11 5:48Profile

Re: A Wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord!!!!!

Quote:

JRuth wrote:

God created everything. He created the kind and the loving and He created the rude and the mean. Cannot He who created everything and gave breath to everyone.[b] He who has it to rain on the just and on the unjust, cannot He be in perfect control of whatever I might go through!!!! What is a little misunderstanding here or a hard word there? It is all a part of the school of God. He is testing...trying the reins.[/b] He is searching our hearts! "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." What a comforting thought!

Thank you for sharing, sister! These are excellent thoughts that you have shared here. It is so important to keep our eyes on the Lord and His awesome character and Person, and not focus on the weakness of our own nature or difficulty of our circumstances.

~Joy

2008/12/15 21:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy