Discussion Forum : General Topics : Last Resort

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Last Resort

Welcome Gavelle,

You are not alone as you can see that there are others that have been through many of the same things that you have, maybe to a lesser degree.

I thank God for this ministry. I praise God that He led me years ago to begin to question the teachings on prosperity. The hundredfold return was being taught, and I never believed this message as it was taught, that for every dollar that we sowed there would be a hundred fold return. I began to see that these teachings were based on "give to get". It really does appeal to the lusts of the flesh. I praise God that I had a confrontation with my pastor years ago over finances. We left that church and about 15 years later, the pastor sold the large church to another ministry, pocketed the money, because the church was in his name, divorced his wife, and moved out of town to resume his ministry in another state.

God has true prosperity for His people, but the true riches are in Christ Jesus. The true riches are in knowing Him. "My God shall supply all of your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

May the Lord continue to reveal Himself to you as your provider for everything that you need in life.

Mike

"Seduced From the Faith" - Christine Beadsworth

1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into the world, and it is clear that we can carry nothing out.

1Ti 6:8 But having food and clothing, we will be content.

1Ti 6:9 But they who will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts which plunge men into destruction and perdition.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all evils, of which some having lusted after, they were seduced from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Doctrines of demons subtly introduced from the pulpit seduce people away from the true faith and cause them to focus upon something other than Christ. One of these doctrines perverts God's idea of prosperity and encourages believers to harness their faith in order to feather their own nests. What a perversion of the gospel of Christ this is! The true gospel calls us to die to self while the gospel of mammon calls us to adorn self with material possessions. The advertising industry is undergirded and energized by the spirit of mammon and the love of money. We must be alert to the inroads mammon's doctrines have made upon our belief system.

Even the current teaching that there is a huge wealth transfer coming to the church (because the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous) is luring many into looking for their proverbial ship to come in, instead of looking for the extension of the Kingdom of God. Contrary to what many proclaim, the church does not need more money in order to advance the gospel of the Kingdom. What we need is more believers who are willing to be conformed to the death of Christ, that they may operate in resurrection power!

Prayer: Father, I can see how easily I am tossed about by every wind of doctrine. Help me to move on to maturity and leave behind the self-seeking behavior of teenage Christianity. Bring me to a place of godly contentment with my lot, amen

2008/12/9 8:10Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re: Last Resort

I am new to the forum as well and while I am not in a situation like you, I know what it is like to struggle financially (as all of us do, i'm sure). So, welcome to the forum. There is a lot to take in. All the writings take a bit of time to read, the sermons are long to listen to and an immature understanding of scripture create a sense of uncertainty, but know that you are in good community here.

A word of encouragement: Psalm 1
1Blessed is the man
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
2but his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
4The wicked are not so,
but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

5Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
6for the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

I would urge you to mediate on God's word constantly. Delight in God through the reading and meditating of scripture! Do not put your faith in the words of weak, falliable men, rather put it in an almighty God who always was, is and will be.

We have a great God! He is just in all that He does and is worthy of our praise, in good times and in bad! There have been some threads started regarding faith and praise in difficult times. You could look at a thread I posted recently regarding some thoughts from Philippians 4.

May God bless you in your journey.

2008/12/9 15:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy