Discussion Forum : General Topics : a need of prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Hi Max,

There are many brothers on this forum that are glad to pray with you and help you in anyway that they can.

I don't know that as a young Christian that it is a good idea for you to be teaching the Word at this time. Someone like you that is on fire for God and full of zeal can be used by the Lord in witnessing to others, but you should be on the milk of the Word right now, so that you can grow spiritually.

Brother, this is nothing but the enemy coming against you. Read Matthew 5 and pay close attention to verses 23 and 24. It is God's will that you forgive the brothers that are offended with you, go to them if neccessary to make things right. God's will is for you to be reconciled to these brothers.

God bless you brother! We are praying for you.

In His Love,

Mike

2008/12/7 0:50Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

Thank you both for replying and praying.

@AbideinHim, I understood then that I shouldn't be preaching and which is why I was angry at my youth pastor, which ultimately caused my downfall. I will read it, thank you

But I have one question: Ever since this moment, I have been afraid to speak to anyone about Him, even those I know are His. Mostly because I am afraid I'll mess up like this again. How can I overcome this fear?

again, thank you for all your help

2008/12/7 6:37Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

Totality wrote:
I understood then that I shouldn't be preaching and which is why I was angry at my youth pastor, which ultimately caused my downfall.

I agree with 'AbideinHim' and your thoughts as well. There are several occasions where conversions are followed by a desert experience of learning from God. (Paul for one) We are in much need of being reprogrammed.

I suggest you just immerse yourself in His word. Read the gospels, and the shorter letters of Paul and Peter etc.

Know that you have a support group here. Learn to be gracious and not bitter. It is all new with many conflicting thoughts. You won't get them all right, but just keep at it and stay focused on seeking God.

Satan is a liar. He will attempt to fill your mind with many distracting thougts. When he does, you will be very tempted to believe him because he is very good. He has been at it a long time. You will learn over time which of the thoughts are his. The sooner you do, the better. And when you do, it is very important to go to God and allow Him the opportunity to speak His truth. His truth dispells satan's lies. Many take the lies hook, line and sinker and never give God the chance to counter them.

All for now, gotta run.

2008/12/7 9:19Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

MJones wrote:

Quote:
"I suggest you just immerse yourself in His word."

Thank you for your kind words. I plan to take this advise right away. Today I'm going to read 5 chapters, then tomorrow even more and gradually get more and more added, while maintaining study and prayer.

2008/12/7 13:30Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Hi Totality,

i see you are a young convert with a lot of zeal. And already you have come into trouble. I want to assure you that everything in your life is in the divine hand of ALMIGHTY GOD.

You may make mistakes but the Lord will use them ALL for His and your good if you humble yourself. He loves you with incomprehensible love and will never forsake you. Stay close to Him. He is the mighty King and in his hands is all of this universe.

He will bring you through times of desert, trial and testing even most horrible seasons but for His glory and your good. He must recreate us and mature us and give us wisdom and a broken heart and a true understanding of who HE really is. That takes time and suffering. But be encouraged, He will bring you through and out with a shout of TRIUMPH on your lips and a song of praise in your heart and you will live for His glory and His bride and the poor and destitude.

Do not try to "do" so many things for Jesus...simply seek His face and presence and let him change you. Every "doing" must issue out of "being" and of the real knowledge of God.

Walk with Him, be patient, let him deal with you and he will surely bring you safely home into glory with much fruit.

But dont run out of your own ambitions, be patient and wait for Him!

He loves you
Daniel

Edit: this was meant to be a pm but so be it..:-)

2008/12/7 14:22Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

well Daniel, I don't mind receiving PMs ;)

2008/12/7 15:11Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Well, just imagine my last post was a PM :)

2008/12/7 15:53Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

:D already done did that! xD

thank you all for your prayers!! God has encouraged me beyond my imagination!! Thank you all so much!

2008/12/7 17:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy