Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a need of prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

a need of prayer

Please, I need help, His help. I am praying and reading, but I seem to be going this life without a friend or brother. I really need prayer and fellowship. My church has seemed to turn from me and I don't know what to do... will someone please help me?

2008/12/6 22:36Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: a need of prayer

Hello Totality,

Did not want to reply to your other post and avoid your request for prayer and fellowship. I can say you are in luck because He can and will help you if you are turning to him in sincerely, confessing, repenting and turning from your sins.

Since there is now way to know the nature of your distress or the rational for your Church turning from you, there is no way to help east those problems.

Do you have any family member who is a follower of Jesus? If so, even if you may be estranged from them, I suggest you go to them, if there is hard feelings, sincerely ask forgiveness and go from there.

If you have no family or friend, you are not alone where ever you are He has promised to never leave you.

Do you have a Bible? I suggest starting reading the King James Version. Read the whole thing, cover to cover. It doesn't matter if at first you do not understand everything. If you pray for Wisdom the understanding will come.

Hope this helps, please check back, others will probably answer, too. They may say things better them me, I am practicing this.

Kind regards,
white stone

2008/12/6 23:26Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

thank you for your help.

To explain my distress:

During the months following my conversion *May 2, 2008*, I had a zeal for Him and preaching His word and I did, but I realized that what I was teaching was questionable at best. So I remained silent for a little while. But when church camp came around, my youth pastor wanted me to preach for the "Men in Ministry" part. But I didn't want to, I quickly became angry at him and eventually caved in and preached a 15 minute sermon. In this sermon I did not give my words to God but rather to the enemy. He soon twisted the words of the Gospel to a wicked and corrupt lesson on salvation. My youth pastor, Russel, took away my privilege to preach again *understandable* and then just stopped talking to me for a while. And only recently has he begun to talk and help me again, but my church youth group has yet to forgive me.

My parents are divorced and neither one of them are His, but my brother Miguel is. I talk to him daily and he honestly encourages me to follow Him, even though he is my younger brother.

I do have a Bible, and more than one. I have a KJV, NKJV, ESV, NIV, and another that I can't remember the version of. I prefer ESV, but I do want the NASB. I just downloaded the "Read in 26 days" file from another thread and plan to expand that from 26 days to a lil longer, so that I understand what I read.

thank you for replying.

In Christ,
Max

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I did repent of that sin, and am to this day afraid to share Christ to the lost in fear that I might pervert the Gospel again.

This is why I need the prayer.

2008/12/6 23:37Profile
live4jc

Hi Totality,

I wanted to let you know that I will pray for you. If you could let us know why you feel your church has turned from you, this will help us to understand your situation better.

In Jesus,
John

2008/12/6 23:39Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

thank you,

im sorry i didnt mention it in the first post, my apologies.

In Christ,
Totality

2008/12/6 23:46Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

First of all, God Loves you beyond measure, I have all ready asked Him to send you comfort, either a brother or sister in the Lord , or His own, awesome presence, God Loves you just as you are and is already with you, Everyone who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved, from whatever you are going through. I see from your profile that you are in high school, I probably have a son around your age. Hang on and call His name, he has never failed me, even in my foolishness.

Love in Christ tom

2008/12/6 23:50Profile
live4jc

Re:

Hi Max,

I will pray for your youth group that they will forgive you. I pray that restoration will take place within your church body and that God will cause whatever needs to happen, to happen, in order for that to occur. Sometimes it is good to ask, "Is there anything else I can do or say that will help in the area of restoration?" Sometimes there is, and sometimes the main thing is to continue praying. I believe that restoration and healing of relationships within the body of Christ, is something that is very close to the heart of God.

May God bless you and cause His face to shine upon you.

In Jesus,
John

2008/12/6 23:50Profile
Totality

Sulphur Springs, Texas

Re:

thank you all very much for your prayers and replies. You guys are the very thing I was praying for and I praise God for you.

2008/12/6 23:53Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re:

I add my amen to that.

Love in Christ tom

2008/12/6 23:54Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Just to let you know...

Many read posts like this and simply do not reply, but rest assured...you are being prayed for.

Grace and peace

2008/12/7 0:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy