SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : T.J. Mccrossan on Tongues gift or sign ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Alf

Miami, FL

T.J. Mccrossan on Tongues gift or sign ?

hey there fellow saints its been a while since i last wrote here but anyway much blessings to all of u in Christ specially during the holidays!

Im a beliver in the fact that there are many signs that acompany the baptism of the Holy Spirit, i do not believe biblically it can be proven that tonguess is the ONLY outward manifestation of the baptism.

I found an amazing little book by an outstanding Greek teacher from Canada Called T.J. Mccrossan
(Leonard Ravenhill who held the "not only" tongues prespective was very influenced by this man, espcially this book) the book is called "SPEAKING WITH OTHER TONGUES ...SIGN OR GIFT- WHICH?" it explains many things about the greek and examines all the passages that deal with the baptism in acts its very self explanatory and well i would say convincing but a fact is a fact, anyway saints i know this is a popular discussion around here and just putting in some info i found.

T.J. Mccrossan also has an awesome book on healing called "Bodily healing and the atonement" also a book called "Christ's paralized Church x-rayed" Ravenhill wrote the intro to this book.

anyway enjoy and God bless ! in Christ
- ALf

2008/12/6 12:42Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re: T.J. Mccrossan on Tongues gift or sign ?

for a cool chart on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit go to: http://www.new-life.net/bapsprt.htm and scroll down to the chart which shows the various places in acts where they were Baptized in the Spirit and the different signs that followed.

2008/12/6 12:52Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Hi Alf,

Thanks for the book info (and chart). I'll check them out when I have more time; F.F. Bosworth was another who held that signs can accompany the baptism, though not exclusively and/or uniformly with tongue evidence as classical Pentecostal doctrine teaches.

God bless!

Brother Paul

2008/12/6 12:56Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

I see that the current version of Mccrossan's "Healing" book has been edited by Hagin the Heretic. Did Hagin alter anything to make McCrossan agree with him?

2008/12/6 13:40Profile
Violet2

T. J. McCrossan's book can be downloaded from this university website:

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15799coll14/id/255896/

I am enjoying reading this.

2018/12/11 9:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy