SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Israel prepared to go it alone w/out US

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Israel prepared to go it alone w/out US

We've talked some on here about Israel loosing support from every nation and standing alone... well, get ready.

From FoxNews.com...

[i]Israel is drawing up plans to attack Iran's nuclear facilities and is prepared to launch a strike [b]without backing from the U.S.[/b], an Israeli newspaper reported Thursday.

Officials in the Israeli Defense Ministry told The Jerusalem Post that while they prefer to act in consultation with the U.S., they are preparing plans that would allow them to [b]act alone.[/b]

"It is always better to coordinate," a senior Defense Ministry official told the newspaper. "But we are also preparing options that do not include coordination."

It would be difficult, but not impossible, to launch a strike against Iran without permission from the U.S., as the American Air Force controls the Iraqi airspace Israel's jets would have to enter on a bombing mission.

"There are a wide range of risks one takes when embarking on such an operation," a senior Israeli official told the Post.

Iran, the world's fourth-largest crude oil producer, maintains that its uranium enrichment activities are aimed at making fuel for a network of planned electricity-generating nuclear power plants and not for developing weapons.

However Israel intelligence sources say Iran has sufficient nuclear material to make an atomic bomb.

Last month, amid mounting fears in Israel that [b]the U.S. was doing nothing[/b] to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power, Ehud Olmert, Israel's Prime Minister, warned President Bush the last chance of destroying Tehran’s nuclear bomb-making program was passing.

Iran dismisses the possibility of an Israeli strike.

"We think that regional and international developments and the complicated situation faced by Israel itself will not allow it to launch military strikes against other countries," Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi said, according to the Press TV Web site.

"Israel makes threats to promote its psychological and media warfare," Qashqavi said.

A report, published in September in Britain's Guardian newspaper, claimed that Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert requested a green light to attack Iran in May [b]but was refused by Bush.[/b][/i]

2008/12/4 8:21
docs

Re: It's not out of the realm of possibility

It may not happen but if does happen it won't be that entirely suprising. Whatever the Israelis are they are realists at least in a secular "we remember" kind of way. I don't agree with every jot and tittle of the book but I'm reading a book now titled [i]Future Israel.[/i] The author relates that when Hitler issued his declaration that the Jews could no longer participate in public life that his regime received many messages of thanks and congragulations from Muslim countries in the Middle East. This was years before the re-establishment of modern Israel. He also relates that in the 1956 Suez and Sinai conflict when Israel was denounced for launching pre-emptive action that standard equipment for Egyptian officers in the conflict was an Arabic edition of Hitler's [i]Mein Kampf.[/i] The Israelis are smart enough to know what Iran wants to do.

They will probably end up standing alone. If it's not what you describe it'll be something else There are so many cross currents and nuances though that when trying to relate to the big picture one has to keep a lot in mind. I've noticed that some or maybe even many Christians relate and discuss the situation in political terms while leaving out the Hebrew prophets and their perspective. Not that I see you doing that but I can't recommend doing that at all.

Thank you and blessings,

"Doc"

2008/12/4 11:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If they go at it alone, don't be surprised if we get dragged into it one way or another. It may not be from the get-go, but we have too much national interest in the stability of the middle-east not to get involved.

2008/12/4 12:04Profile

Re:

Enjoy the low gas prices... they will skyrocket over night if there is a bombing.

However, if I am not mistaken this wouldnt be the first time they bombed suspected nuke plants in Iran.

Krispy

2008/12/4 12:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy