SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings in the Name of the Lord!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bfrwhmistand

Greetings in the Name of the Lord!

Grace and peace to you my brothers and sisters in Christ, from God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I thank God for you moderators for this site and the collection of sermons from godly preachers of the past, now certainly part of that great cloud of witnesses. I have read your Read First pages and with the Lord's held will abide by your rules. I have viewed/listened to "Ten Indictments..." and was convicted and encouraged. The sermon link was e-mailed to me by a precious Brother in Christ, which led me to your web site. I am hungry for the old path. Please give me a suggested list of sermons to start listening to. Your site is quite extensive and richly fill with so much of Gods word that I don't know where to start; so your guidence would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand

2008/12/2 16:28Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re: Greetings in the Name of the Lord!

A warm and sincere welcome dear brother. There is much treasure here to be found.

Let's see.. Paris Reidhead, Ten Shekels and a Shirt for one. Art Katz's And They Crucified Him and all of Keith Daniel and Paul Washer.

What a blessing to feast here.

May you be warmed and filled.

I'm sure the other saints here will direct you to many gems as well.

Kathleen

2008/12/2 17:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Great to have you registered on the website. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2008/12/2 17:38Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Greetings in the Name of the Lord!

Welcome bfrwhmistand...

Thank you for your introduction! I have always been attracted to messages that stir something deep within my soul. Yes, I love to learn truth. However, I have been to so many churches where pastors and teachers merely explain things that they already assume to be true (usually because they learned it as a Bible school or by listening to their favorite teacher).

When I was a teenager, I realized that I was different from other teens. They were going to the youth group, listening to their favorite christian music and attracted to many of the popular preachers of the day. They either wanted to be a "God-chaser," "world-changer," etc... They did all of the right things...but seemed that they could "turn on" and "turn off" their faith in a heartbeat. They talked about Christ in Church or in youth, but it was seldom discussed in our everyday lives.

Me? I was attracted to the messages of men like Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, Paris Reidhead and A. W. Tozer. Why did I like them? It wasn't because I was learning something "deep" from their messages. Rather, I found that their messages exposed the same sort of hunger for the things of God that I knew firsthand. I wanted to talk about the Lord everywhere I went. As a result, some of the youth (and even the youth pastor) thought that I had been badly affected by men like Ravenhill. For some reason, they found their teachings to be "judgmental" (even though I disagreed, and was a very gentle and patient with word and deed). I found it all very strange.

The resources found on this website are truly an oasis in a desert of this world! These messages convict, inspire and challenge. They seem vent on introducing Christ for who He is...and helping us hunger to be like Him. In addition, it is a blessing to associate with the other believers who frequent this website. While we might not always agree on every last dot and tittle of doctrine, it is encouraging to meet and fellowship with brethren who are so eager to know the Lord as much as I do!

Welcome to the forums, dear brother! I pray that you can make as good use of these resources as they have been in my life.

:-)

2008/12/2 18:15Profile
bfrwhmistand

Re: Thank you, my sister in the Lord

I am particularly blessed by your reply. Our family has recently finished the book of Romans in our family devotional time, and in the final chapter Paul extends to the believers his greetings and comendations. What a wonder, in a blessed way, to see the first saint mentioned is a sister in Christ. And what a beautiful comendation he gave. It is an uplifting and enlightening point of God's word to my wife and daughters to see their value in the body of Christ.

God bless you as you continue to serve Him.

2008/12/5 16:48Profile
bfrwhmistand

Re: How to down load to my computer

Thank you, Brother. this means far more to me than I could adequately express in written message.

I desire to down load these messages to my computer and then to a CD. My only web access is at work and I desire to have my sons and daughters to listen to these messages with me throughout their day at home. I read my e-mail throughout the day so if the instructions are there I will see them faster since my web time is limited. May God our Father bless you 100 fold as you have refreshed me.

2008/12/5 17:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy