SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Church Discipline?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Theophilus20

Spokane Wa

Church Discipline?

Does your church practice Church discipline?
If so, how. If not, why not?

2008/12/2 13:28Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re: Church Discipline?

that is one of the reasons my wife and i just left our church. they do not practice church discipline and we did not like the impact that it had in the life of the church. i would say one of the reasons the church has been ineffective is a result of allowing its members to live in sin and rather than help them deal with it.

2008/12/2 14:03Profile

Re:

Amen... you're right on the money. If a church does actually try to deal with sin what you hear from most church members is "we shouldn't judge them!". The real issue is the other members dont want their sin exposed either!

Krispy

2008/12/2 14:18
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Church Discipline?

I recommend to read [url=http://www.banneroftruth.org/pages/item_detail.php?4450][b]The Reformed Pastor[/b][/url]
This book is an exceptional gem from the Puritans. It focuses on the heart of a minister as well as church discipline. As Ravenhill may say, to give us the boldness that comes from purity.

2008/12/2 15:18Profile
Theophilus20

Spokane Wa

Re:

Ive been in churches for over 30 yrs and a following believer since 90. I have never seen Church discipline practiced or even heard of someone asked to leave a fellowship over unrepentant sin. As a matter of fact, so rarely have i ever seen or heard of christians taking two or more brothers with them when they find another brother in a fault that if you were not a studying believer you might not know that what they had done was scriptual.
So, we are left with one of three possibilities;
1) there just ARE NOT ppl living in moral sin in our churches, or caught in a fault, or,
2) christians just dont know that is what they are to do because they havent fully read the scriptures and they arent recieving teaching on this subject from the pulpit, or,
3) they just dont want to loose face, be the one to have to stand up and say something, or, dont have a problem with sin in the body of christ.

2008/12/2 21:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy