SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are the preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

Where are the preachers

Where are the preachers that preach, not as man telling man how to live a better Christian life, but as God through man, drawing man to Himself?

2008/12/2 10:41Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Where are the preachers

Good morning,

I believe the answer is in this Scripture:
Amos Chapter 8:
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send [b]a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD[/b]: 12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

I pray His will be done

Regards,
white stone

2008/12/2 11:12Profile
JoanM

Many suffer.

A few notice.

Oh for God to pour out a Spirit of Prayer
That we would pray for/with the men that are called to preach.

The [url=http://groups.google.com/group/revivalpraying?hl=en ]Conference Prayer Call [/url] group here has seen this need. On that link, you might want to see “Pages”, "Inspiration & Direction", and the message [b]“Where are the Men”[/b] by Denny Kenaston.

[Edit: Did you notice this current thread: Spurgeon urging preachers to pray]

2008/12/2 13:14Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:

MJones wrote:
Where are the preachers that preach, not as man telling man how to live a better Christian life, but as God through man, drawing man to Himself?

I grew up with a man (and his wife who preached too). They are too far and few, if you ask me but I have had the privilege of sitting under that kind of ministry.

God bless

2008/12/2 13:32Profile
EvangelistC

Re:

There are still some that preach to glorify God. Bring the word of God as it is, not as we think it should be. Preach what the truth is, not what people think they want to hear. Usually the preachers that preach this way preach expositionally. A person cannot stray to far from solid preaching when preaching expositionally.

There is a pastor named Trevor Hammack in Texas that preaches to glorify God. He has a small church but the members are surely developed in the things of God.

I myself try to preach expositionally, but it is usually hard to do in the situations of being an Evangelsit. I usually have only one chance with the audience. Let us pray that we have more Ravenhill's, and MacArthurs, and Pipers to raise up in this generation. Men of god that are not afraid to speak the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth in love.

Ezekiel 3:17-20 Check it out. I would post it but it is better to check it out in your own bible. I love you people.

2008/12/3 11:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy