Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Single Currency

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Single Currency

Saw this article on MSN and was a good reminder of just how easy it could be for the Anti-Christ to get the world into a global cash-less money system. One big global economic collapse and nations will love to go after the new system.

[url=http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=11470106]MSN - UK urged to join euro[/url]

2008/12/1 14:36Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Single Currency

Just a thought, and not to sound contentious, but where does the Bible teach that there will be a global cash-less society? Does the Bible really say that? Or are we reading popular theology back into the Scriptures?

2008/12/1 19:24Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Whilst it does not say in scripture that there will be a cashless society, it looks like the assumption is made from Rev 13v16-17, where the beast causes all to receive a mark, and no one can buy or sell without the mark.

Also, in Rev 18, when Babylon falls, it says in verse 11 that no one buys her merchandise anymore. Merchandise such as gold, silver etc.

Maybe the merchandise was bought with cash, maybe it was trade, but it was bought.

Food for thought.

2008/12/2 14:51Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Along with King Jimmy's thoughts...

I would suggest trying not to read Revelation with a Euro/Amero-Centric view of the world. For instance, what does a cashless society have to do with the tribes in Africa and South America? Or, the remote parts of India and Tibet?

The mark of the beast is something that every person on earth either has or does not have. It is not a temptation only the "civilized" world will face.

Therefore, it may be helpful to rethink some of the modern views of what the mark really is.

2008/12/2 16:54Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

America isn't mentioned at all in the Bible, let alone Revelation.

However, Babylon, is mentioned throughout the Bible, from Genesis and into Revelation. Maybe symbolically, but it is mentioned.

Who cares whether we have cash or not? It's worthless anyway.

The mark will come world wide, even to regions of the world that are even now undiscovered, but will be. Even to languages that are pratically unknown to the 'outside' world.

Forget a cashless society, but be ready for persecution.

2008/12/3 4:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Might I suggest that the "plain and simple" interpretation of Revelation, concerning the Mark of the Beast, is not a "cashless society," but rather, is simply a mark that shows one's allegiance to the Beast, that gives one permission to participate in buying and selling. Nowhere is the notion of "cashless" taught. Quite the contrary, "buying and selling" does happen up until the very last hour, when Babylon with all her silver and gold (forms of currency) are overthrown. One's ability to "buy and sell" (thus denoting currency), are dependent upon one taking a mark.

And what is that mark? Gramatically speaking, the word for "mark" in the Greek is a word used for cattle branding. The highly tech. option of a computer chip makes for "sexy theology" suitable to wild Bible studies and self-proclaimed "Bible Prophecy Teachers" on TV, but is not something the Scriptures directly teach. Additionally, mass producing 6+ billion computer chips to distribute and implant in people on a global scale is simply not practical, especially in a world that will be caught up in violent chaos. Practically speaking, it would be far easier and more efficient to get people to use some sort of everyday device they find in their own home to mark themselves with. Even today, some college Fraternities still are known for "branding" their members on the skin with a little alcohol/liquor, and a hot piece of metal with a Greek letters. Very simple to do, medicially safe, and with very little pain (from what one person told me who had it done to them).

2008/12/3 8:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
America isn't mentioned at all in the Bible, let alone Revelation.

Thats not necessarily true. I can't put my finger on them at the moment, but there are passages of scripture that I have heard explained as represenative of America... particularly in relation to a country referred to as a Lion... which would be Great Britain, which was in fact inhabited at the time the Bible was written.

Either way, I dont think anyone can conclusively state that America is not mentioned in the Bible. What we DO no is that Israel will stand alone with NO allies... and as of right now, we are their only trues allies.

Krispy

2008/12/3 8:29
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I would also note that we are assuming an entirely futuristic view of Revelation, which would have had almost no relevance to its original audience. Perhaps we should reconsider this as well?

Grace to you,
Taylor

2008/12/3 9:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
I would also note that we are assuming an entirely futuristic view of Revelation, which would have had almost no relevance to its original audience. Perhaps we should reconsider this as well?

This is becoming very popular today (which raises a red flag w/ me just on that basis alone), but I dont think you can look at the world today and whats going on and not see the things written in Revelation.

Just the fact that Israel, after being destroyed in 70AD, became a nation again in the 1940's... and not only that, but became a super-power. That is Biblical prophecy being fulfilled in a very literal and practical sense.

I reject the notion that the book of Revelation, along with it's prophecies were fulfilled in the 1st century. It doesnt even make sense.

Revelation 17 gives a very graphic description of the Roman Catholic Church, even giving the geographical location of the Vatican... yet, the RCC did not exist in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd centuries (when some claim the Book of Revelation was fulfilled).

That theory is very popular on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, etc... (very humanistic unbelieving channels) and is now gaining popularity among believers.

There were a lot of believers who got excited about the "Book of Judas" a few years ago too.

Krispy

2008/12/3 10:09
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Actually the view that it was not entirely futuristic is not modern; as many Puritans held to a historicist (it has been being fulfilled gradually through the centuries) view of Revelation.

I wasn't saying it definitely doesn't have futuristic elements, I was just trying to give the discussion some balance and point out an assumption. I do not claim to understand Revelation with confidence.

Grace to you,
Taylor

2008/12/3 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy