Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Servanthood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Servanthood

Mt 20:26 - Show Context
Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant.

Mt 23:11 - Show Context
But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.

In this world of power and pleasure, servanthood is one of the few aspects that is barely preached upon!

Mt 25:21 - Show Context
His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'

How many of us are faithful or even me over the few things.

Is it not an affront to this world which wants to
climb up the social ladder, the way of the cross, the way of servantdoom.

Jesus as God could have chosen as God to not come down to the human race belittling us as mere flesh! He came in the likeness and form of a servant! and lower than man, as a servant is one who is not considered highly!

Philippines 2
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion F7 as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1Co 9:19 - Show Context
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Ga 1:10 - Show Context
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Paul specifically calls himself a servant unto all! that I might gain the more. Jesus made himself a servant that god could glorify him!

Is servanthood in the nature of god himself as the son submits to the father

Mt 26:39 - Show Context
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

To me servanthood is a struggle against the sin nature! To me all the things like preaching,pastoring and evangelising, making tea, doing the washing up and all the other gifts come from serving!

The worst thing is even with serving wrong motives can be employed serving to get noticed!
To be a servant you have a careful eye on what your master is doing. In India they had servants out there and they would do every whim of there master. As we are servants of our master, do we know every whim of him, his heart!

It is OK serving someone say you like but what if you do not like them! Do you trust in god to still give you the grace to serve someone even thou they may hate you!

Jesus had to serve Judas! We also cannot compartmentalise or religious it.

A waitress or waiter if they served you in an unduly manner in say a restaurant you would be upset! or not pay them service.
A pleasant waiter or waitress is much more enjoyable with your meal and adds to it.

It is the same we can not simply serve out of simply duty, sometimes we have to, but remember how much our lord and saviour gave up for us.
To serve us!

Is the motive of our hearts do we serve with an agigated heart our saviour! A servant that does not want to do the task that he is called to do or out from a love from our saviour!

To me I am mulling these thoughts over in my mind because servanthood has been replaced by leadership!

What does servanthood mean to me?
If the Lord gave his place with his father to be confined in a human body! To sweat like we do and to deny himself the eternal knowledge and privilidges of an eternal son! and powers
To come and dwell with us and not only dwell with us but serve us! and pay for our sin!
How much more can we serve him!
To me I am struggling with this Issue!

2008/11/29 21:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy