SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

boG wrote:
I am of the persuasion that no day is greater than another day; so long as it is called "to day" ([b]Hebrews 4[/b]) as Brother Chris mentioned. This is the day the Lord has made; this is the day of the Lord's salvation.

Perhaps you should teach us what you have learned BlazedbyGod by believing in "the 7th day Sabbath" because this doesn't appear to be a common belief around here on SI.

What distinguishes one day from "a" Sabbath day or from "the 7th Sabbath day"?

Greetings bog, Grace & Peace be unto thy soul:

I never said that any day was GREATER than any day, neither did I ever say scripture teaches that- However, I will say that in scripture, God does call the 7th day sabbath:

Isa 58:13If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on [b]my holy day[/b]; and call the sabbath a delight, [b]the holy of the LORD[/b], honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words

God himself called the sabbath "his holy day"-That makes it is a little different from all the other 6 days of the week-even as many other scriptures teach:

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, AND HALLOWED it

In 6 days God made heaven and earth, and on the 7th day his work was complete and he rejoiced and rested in that.

Also, I might add, that many in the book of acts the DAY of the Lord's salvation was on the sabbath day. See below

Acts 13:14 14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. 15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. 16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience. 17 The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it. 18 And about the time of forty years suffered he their manners in the wilderness. 19 And when he had destroyed seven nations in the land of Chanaan, he divided their land to them by lot. 20 And after that he gave unto them judges about the space of four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet. 21 And afterward they desired a king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Cis, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, by the space of forty years. 22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose. 26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. 27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. 28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. 35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: 37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. 40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, [b]the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath[/b]. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. 44 [b]And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God[/b]. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: [b]and as many as were ORDAINED to eternal life believed[/b]

For these certain Gentiles, the "day" of salvation was the 7th day sabbath. And it was ORDAINED of God that it be that way as verse 48 says.

Even the Great prophecy of Isaiah 61:1-4 was performed/fulfilled on the sabbath day:

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

And this is when it was fulfilled:
Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, [b]he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read[/b]. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias(Isaiah). And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18[b] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.[/b] 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, .[color=FF0000]THIS DAY is this scripture fulfilled in your ears[/color]

Well..."that day" was the sabbath day. Isaiah 61:1-4 was fulfillied by Jesus on the sabbath day.

Bog you asked: "what distinguishes one day from the 7th day sabbath"?

Here is my answer:Exodus 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, WHICH IS the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

Exodus 20:10But the seventh day IS THE sabbath of the LORD thy God: ....

The clear answer, is because the scriptures declare the 7th day to be the sabbath day established at the end of creation, not any other day. Other days of the week could be special ceremonial sabbaths, but the sabbath that God rested on at the end of creation, and that is apart of the 10 Commandments is the 7th day; and has always been.

2008/11/30 18:38Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Quote:
Exodus 20:10But the seventh day IS THE sabbath of the LORD thy God: ....

The clear answer, is because the scriptures declare the 7th day to be the sabbath day established at the end of creation, not any other day. Other days of the week could be special ceremonial sabbaths, but the sabbath that God rested on at the end of creation, and that is apart of the 10 Commandments is the 7th day; and has always been.

It seems then that the 7th day would be a greater day. We can't say every day is the same and still hold to this 7th day as set apart, holy unto the Lord, without distinguishing it as "greater" from the rest of the 6 days which are not specially set apart, holy unto the Lord; and this is not necessarily a bad thing.

[b]Mark 2
23.[/b] And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads of grain.
[b]24.[/b] The Pharisees were saying to Him, "Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"
[b]25.[/b] And He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in need and he and his companions became hungry;
[b]26.[/b] how he entered the house of God in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the consecrated bread, which is not lawful for anyone to eat except the priests, and he also gave it to those who were with him?"
[b]27.[/b] Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
[b]28.[/b] "So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

My only encouragement to you brother would be to honor the Lord of the Sabbath rather than the 7th day. Whoever honors the Lord of the Sabbath honors the day.

2008/11/30 21:54Profile
rbanks

Re:

I think all Christians who have studied the bible any realize that under the old covenant that Saturday is the seven day and was also called the weekly sabbath. We also realize that the bible also mentions the first day of the week as the Lord's day. I think from these scriptures that it is clear that many of the Jews were having trouble with people worshiping on the first day instead of the 7th day.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Ro 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Ro 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Ga 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Ga 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Ga 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

The scriptures make it clear that under the new covenant Christ has fulfilled the Law and that He is our sabbath rest. God does not want us to burden people with what day they worship on because in Christ everyday we worship Him. The types and shadows have been fulfilled in Him and the body is of Christ and not any certain holy days.

God does not want us to get caught up into bondage about days but to enjoy our freedom in Christ everyday. If one would notice that in the new testament, that Jesus said, that if you Love me keep my commandments. He mentions 9 of the 10 commandments along with many others but He never mentions the 4th because He is the fulfillment of the sabbath rest explain in heb 4.

We are under Grace with freedom from any type of unnecessary bondage, and let everyone be persuaded in his own mind, without judging others concerning the freedom of the new covenant concerning days.

We Know that many godly Christians have observed the 1st day of the week as the Lord's day. We will not be any holier before God by keeping any particular day, whether it be Saturday or Sunday. Let's just say that I go to great lengths of study concerning the sabbath day (7th day) and see all that God said about it in the OT and really get convince about it so much that I begin now to start worshiping on this day as the sabbath and even go so far as to try to convince others with much persuasion. What am I really doing? Would I be pleasing God? I don't think so. I believe that I would be going away from grace in Christ and getting people to focus more on a day than on Christ. I really believe my zeal for a day could become a stumbling block. I am not going to worship a day. I will worship the Lord. We are not under the Law but under grace.

2008/11/30 22:00Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Blazed...

I read your post, and it just seems like I understand what you're trying to say. However, your logic seems to tie an Old Covenant mandate for not working on the Sabbath to a continued requirement under the New Testament.

Yes, God rested on the "Sabbath" (or "7th") day. However, this didn't mean he became lazy. It just means that He stopped creating things (at least, until He created Eve). So what did God do on the 7th day?

Quote:
Genesis chapter 2

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So all that we know is that God rested (or [i]ceased[/i]) creating things on that day. However, he also [i]sanctified[/i] the day, because he had completed creation by that day.

Can we think of anything else in the Old Testament that was "sanctified?" Sure! God sanctified [i]people[/i] (Exodus 19:14), the [i]tabernacle[/i] (Exodus 29:43), [i]Aaron[/i] (Leviticus 8:30), etc... Yet today, if the Tabernacle or Temple was still around, would it be as "holy and set apart" as it was BEFORE the veil was torn in two? Of course not! They held a purpose BEFORE the work of Christ that fulfilled the Law.

Interestingly, we know nothing of the Sabbath day from the time of Creation...until the Law of Moses. Yes, God "sanctified" the day -- but did He create a set of rules and regulations about it? No. He simply "sanctified" it. So did people from Adam to Moses reverence that day? Maybe. However, there is simply nothing in Scripture written about it.

In fact, there was no LAW for any particular ordinance for the Sabbath day UNTIL the Israelites were wandering around in the desert and they were presented the Law. At that time, they were given a set of rules and regulations about the "7th" day. Yes, the commandment is #5 in the 10 Commandments. However, the actual commandment says to [i]remember the sabbath day[/i] (with further instructions to cease from working out of that rememberance). Why? God was setting an example about taking time off to remember Him (and to refrain from working). Yet there is nothing in this command that makes us think that the Sabbath is the day we go to meet with the "Church" (or synagogue, Tabernacle, Temple, etc...) and worship. In fact, it is simply given as a time for us to [i]remember[/i] that God created the universe -- and ceased from creation on the 7th day.

We are no longer bound by the letter of the Law. The later requirements for the Sabbath under the Old Covenant simply do not apply to believers who are freed from the burden of trying to follow the letter of the Law. Yet even if we were to feel free only from the stipulations added later to the 10 Commandments, we are only asked to not work on one day out of seven. Amazingly, most people do this anyway (in fact, most people have TWO days off). Yet the command is not simply to stop working for a day. Sinners do that! The command is to "REMEMBER THE 7th DAY" (Exodus 20:8) -- the day that God had completed creation!

Further, he says to "KEEP IT HOLY." How do we keep a day "holy?" By refraining from work? I have known coworkers who do that neary EVERY day (just a joke). It is on a day that we don't work -- that we concentrate upon the works of God. In a way, it reminds me of fasting. Should a person fast when they will be so busy that they have no time to gather their thoughts and spend quiet, intimate time with the Lord? Or should they choose a day when they can avoid the things of this world...get away into a "closet" of prayer, study and contemplation...and seek the things of God? Thus, a day without work is...just...a day without work. But a day without work spent remembering the works of God? That is a day of resting in His arms!

As others have pointed out, TODAY is a rest for the people of God. We are believers...fulfilled Jews...who have seen and understood the sacrifice of the Lamb of God for a sinful human race. We can [u]remember[/u] the FINISHED WORK of Christ EVERY day of the week (month, year, etc...). In fact, if you are like me, you remember it all the time!

I do think that there is a good principle about work here too. It is good to take a day off...to rest from our work...and to think about and consider things. What is the extent of "work" that we can perform? Well, the Lord BLESSED the seventh day...on the seventh day! In addition, Jesus said it was better to DO WELL on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:12). Further, our Lord explained that the "sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath" (Mark 2:27). I feel that the Lord set an example by providing a day to cease from working...not as a regulation...but as a blessing. During that day, we would "remember" the works of God. However, we (as believers in the finished work of Christ) do this EVERY day! Yet our "rememberance" is not confined to the "7th" day in which God had finished creating the world. We can now "remember" the completion of his work for salvation. After all, what did Christ say upon the cross?

"It is finished."

In the end, I do not see any sort of regulation for a 7th day. In fact, we don't even KNOW what day creation began on (with our current calendars...because they have changed a couple of times [at least]). Thus, those who do honor a particular day might not even honor the RIGHT particular day (if that makes sense). But even if we are to obey the 10 Commandments, we are just told to "remember the [original] sabbath." We could even stop working one day a week. But are there any other rules regarding this that are "eternal?" No. This negates the notion that we are to go to Church on a particular day (the early church met DAILY). This negates the notion that we must fast upon a particular day (the apostles picked wheat and ate it on the Sabbath).

If we want to honor the later rules and regulations of the Law, we are in danger of being judged by that very Law! None of us could fulfill it! That is the very reason Christ came to die for us! Rather, why don't we simply [i]remember[/i] the work completed by God? If you really want to refrain from [i]work[/i] (and have some underlying notion of just what [i]work[/i] might consist of), then by all means -- do it (...or, rather, REFRAIN from doing it). But understand that many of us have looked into this, contemplated it, and decided that the principle of the Sabbath is not fulfilled by any set of rules -- but by remember the work of God. I don't think that God created the "Sabbath" simply to create a set of difficult to follow rules about work (or worship). Rather, I think that He created it for man...for us to have a day off...and to remember His work. What better way to rest than to remember what He has finished?

:-)

2008/11/30 23:56Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

rbanks wrote:
I think all Christians who have studied the bible any realize that under the old covenant that Saturday is the seven day and was also called the weekly sabbath. We also realize that the bible also mentions [b]the first day of the week as the Lord's day[/b]. I think from these scriptures that it is clear that many of the Jews were having trouble with people worshiping on the first day instead of the 7th day.

Well Truthfullly Rbanks, that is also another problem. Looking at the part of your statement that I highlightedL " We also realize that the bible also mentions [b]the first day of the week as the Lord's day[/b]

In fact there is no such scripture anywhere throughout the whole word of God that says this, that is just an association that people themselves have made, however, the bible never says this. I will ask you to provide me with the very scripture that says "the first day of the week IS the Lord's day". Also I would add Jews did not have a problem with people performing worship on the first day of the week, because some of their ceremoninal sabbaths were on the first day of the week in the old testament.

2008/12/1 8:52Profile

Re:

Quote:

BlazedbyGod wrote:
In fact there is no such scripture anywhere throughout the whole word of God that says this, that is just an association that people themselves have made, however, the bible never says this. I will ask you to provide me with the very scripture that says "the first day of the week IS the Lord's day". Also I would add Jews did not have a problem with people performing worship on the first day of the week, because some of their ceremoninal sabbaths were on the first day of the week in the old testament.

In fact there is scripture that indicates the Lord's day is the first day of the week, not the seventh.

Start with Acts 20:7, 1 Cor 16:2 and Rev 1:10.

2008/12/1 9:10
rbanks

Re:

I though this would happen and it did. I decided to leave it in because this is what many have gather from Revelations and also from going to the tomb on the first day of the week and his resurrection. Also the saint's collection was on the first day of the week. It doesn't really matter because everyday is the Lord's Day to me although I do gather with other believers on Sunday morning & evening, also Wednesday evening weekly.

I hope you will also look at the scriptures and the other comments that was stated in my post. I do hope you the best in the Lord.

Also I hope this can help you concerning software you are looking for. www.instaverse.com

I will also post this on your other thread.

I appreciate you my brother!

Quote:

BlazedbyGod wrote:
Quote:

rbanks wrote:
I think all Christians who have studied the bible any realize that under the old covenant that Saturday is the seven day and was also called the weekly sabbath. We also realize that the bible also mentions [b]the first day of the week as the Lord's day[/b]. I think from these scriptures that it is clear that many of the Jews were having trouble with people worshiping on the first day instead of the 7th day.

Well Truthfullly Rbanks, that is also another problem. Looking at the part of your statement that I highlightedL " We also realize that the bible also mentions [b]the first day of the week as the Lord's day[/b]

2008/12/1 9:14Profile

Re:

Blazed

I think what you should do first is prove that there actually are saints that believe in the seventh day sabbath. IOW What leads you to believe that those who believe in the seventh day sabbath are truly saints?

Old Joe

2008/12/1 9:14
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Chris,

THanks for you post, Greetings, and Grace & Peace be unto thee.

Exodus 16: 23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the [b]holy sabbath unto the LORD[/b]: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning. 24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein. 25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; [b]for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD[/b]: to day ye shall not find it in the field. 26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the [/b]seventh day, which is the sabbath[/b], in it there shall be none. 27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none. 28 And the LORD said unto Moses, [b]How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?[/b] 29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day. 30 So the people rested on the seventh day

This is Exodus the 16 chapter. The 10 Commandments aren't given until Exodus 20, and the law of Moses (the letter) was not written and complete until sometime in Deuteronmy. However in Exodus 16 before either the 10 Commandments or the law of Moses was written, God commanded them through Moses to keep the sabbath day-thus, the sabbath day came BEFORE the law of Moses (the letter) and was enforced before then.

Moses and the Children of Israel were observing the sabbath BEFORE they even had either or the two written laws.

Many people will also say that our rest is in Christ and thus there is no need to observe the 7th day sabbath day, many will say the sabbath was a shadow of Jesus, and say that once Christ died we now have no need for the sabbath. However, scripturally, this isn't true either, and scrpture makes this clear:

Luke 23:50 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just: 51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God. 52 This man went unto Pilate, [b]and begged the body of Jesus. 53 And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid[/b]. 54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on. 55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. 56 [b]And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment[/b]

This all took place AFTER the death of our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ, yet, Mary, and the other women which had spices and oinmnet to annoint his body, would not do it, until the sabbath passed: they returned home and rested on the sabbath day ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT (not according to the letter of the law Moses)

This commandment would be the 4th Commandment-"Exodus 20:8 REMEMBER the sabbath day to keep it holy"

Now these were the disciples of Christ, they beheld him in the flesh, touched him, heard him teach and preach about his death, & resurrection, yet even immediately after his death they are still keeping the sabbath day according to the commandment of God. Most people say " the sabbath was nailed to the cross" yet, Luke 23:56 is AFTER the cross, death, and burial of Christ-and we see his disciples still keeping the 7th day sabbath, not because they just simply wanted to, but according to the commandment of God.

Why is this?

People always say that Christ words " I will give you rest" has replaced the sabbath day. Yet, what about the apostle Paul. Paul is a man who no doubteldy knows Christ and has the Spirit of Christ inside of him, yet he says:

2 Cor 2:13 [b]I had no rest in my spirit[/b], because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia

Yet, Paul:
Acts 13:14But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue [b]on the sabbath day, and sat down[/b].

Acts 16:13 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

Yes, upon Christ death, he did say " it is finished"-but let me ask you: Did not Christ resurrect AFTER saying "it is finished"-did not Christ send the gift of the Holy Ghost/Spirit AFTER saying "it is finished"-or how about the great commission, wasn't even that given AFTER the words " it is finished"?

Was our salvation "finished" without Christ resurrection having taken place-I think not, yet he resurrected AFTER saying "it is finished" correct?

Isaiah 66: 22 [b]For as the new heavens and the new earth[/b], which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 [b]And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall ALL FLESH come TO WORSHIP before me, saith the LORD[/b]. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Why is the LORD God speaking of ALL flesh coming to WORSHIP him from one sabbath to ANOTHER in the new earth?

2008/12/1 10:05Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Old_Joe wrote:
Quote:

BlazedbyGod wrote:

In fact there is scripture that indicates the Lord's day is the first day of the week, not the seventh.

Start with Acts 20:7, 1 Cor 16:2 and Rev 1:10.

Greetings Old Joe, thanks for your post and input. I will answer you this way.

Isaiah 58:If thou turn away thy foot from the [b]sabbath[/b], from doing thy pleasure [b]on MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him[/b], not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Matt 12:28 For the Son of man is Lord even of the [b]sabbath DAY[/b]

Now, you tell me, what day did God the Father say was his "holy day" according to Isaiah 58:13?

Though, I am not saying the "Lord's day" is the first or the seventh-the Lord's day, is Nisan 14, the day the Lamb was slain for our sins-...that is indeed the Lord's day, that John speaks of in Rev 1:9-10

The verses you quoted do NOT say the Lord's day is the first day of the week-the verses you quoted only speak of the first day of the week, but they do NOT in any way say or inply that the Lord's day IS the first day of the week. I hope you understand what I am trying to say

Blessings sir

2008/12/1 10:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy