SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

I am just curious as to know and meet how many saints on SI believe in the 7th day Sabbath of the Lord and keep it holy. I am looking to meet some more of fellow 7th sabbath keeping Christians in Christ.

PS:I am not SDA, and the purpose of this particular thread is not to discuss or debate about whether the sabbath is binding or was done away with at the cross, the purpose is that I would like to meet fellow believers in the Lord's Sabbath that I can learn from and fellowship with.

Thanks, and Grace & Peace to all who reply

2008/11/29 19:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Hi BlazedbyGod...

Isn't TODAY (and EVERY day) a "Sabbath" rest for God's people? Consider Hebrews chapter 4...

Quote:

6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Combine this with Romans chapter 14...
Quote:

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

It seems to me that the Sabbath is far more than just a physical day. According to Genesis, "the evening and the morning" mark a "day." The calendar has shifted at least twice...and so has the "official" measurement for just what constitutes a day, week, and year. There is a measure of legalism that might be construed by those who choose to force all to be under the letter of the law. I am persuaded that the same rebuke of the apostle Paul to the apostle Peter (in Galatians) could be considered in such matters. Just what makes us think that we know the exact thoughts of God in such a matter? We are no longer bound to the letter of the Law, but have received a new Law that fulfills the old.

I think that it is a great concept to have a "day of rest" -- especially if you are working. There can only be good from taking a day off to rest, gather our thoughts and to concentrate on the things of God. This is especially true if you work through hard labor. However, there are many people who are willing to force the recognition of a special "Sabbath" day -- yet neglect the tenants of the Sabbath as written in Scripture. It might help to remember that Jesus "worked" on the Sabbath -- and was rebuked by the Pharisees and Sadducees for it. Continuing in Romans...
Quote:

Romans 14:22-23

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

:-)

2008/11/29 22:23Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

bump

2008/11/29 23:45Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Every day is the sabbath, just as every day is to be lived as if it is the day our Lord will return - Look up. . .

Kind regards,
white stone

2008/11/30 12:38Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

I am just curious what you think you can learn from someone that believes in a 7th day Sabbath that you can't learn from the many Godly believers that visit here? :-(

Looks to me like an attempt to get our eyes off Jesus, and start another exasperating discussion that accomplishes nothing except distraction. We live in the day when we have to hold fast to our common beliefs and focus on the Lord of Life, Jesus our Savior!

Blessings Greg

2008/11/30 12:41Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Smokey wrote:
I am just curious what you think you can learn from someone that believes in a 7th day Sabbath that you can't learn from the many Godly believers that visit here? :-(

Looks to me like an attempt to get our eyes off Jesus, and start another exasperating discussion that accomplishes nothing except distraction. We live in the day when we have to hold fast to our common beliefs and focus on the Lord of Life, Jesus our Savior!

Blessings Greg

I can learn more truths about the 7th sabbath day that many other godly saints that visit this site don't believe in-thus this is why my question is addressed to those that DO believe in the truth of the 7th day sabbath which the Lord of Life, Jesus our Savior, is also the Lord of the Sabbath.

And I'm sorry to disappoint your judgement of me, but this is no attempt to do anything but other than what was stated.

"[b]Looks to me like an attempt to get our eyes off Jesus"[/b],

PS: Did you read my signature?

2008/11/30 13:35Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Every day is the sabbath, just as every day is to be lived as if it is the day our Lord will return - Look up. . .

Kind regards,
white stone

Thank you for replying whitestone, however, Col 2:16 does not refer to the (singular) sabbath instituted at creation, rather it is about the ceremonial sabbaths that did in fact point to Jesus. For example the day of atonement was ALSO a sabbath, it was not "THE 7th day Sabbath" but it was the various special sabbaths"-it was certain sabbaths like these that Paul speaks of in Col 2:16.

And I would have to say respectfully, that everyday is not the sabbath. The Scriptures are clear that God blessed, sanctified, hallowed, and rested the seventh day-and it is that means which the sabbath is-the seventh day of each week.

Example: Lev 23:26.And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying ,
27.Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
28.And ye shall do [b]no work[/b] in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
29.For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30.And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
31.Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
32.It shall be unto you [b]a sabbath[/b] of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

This was the day of atonment,but it was also was a sabbath-it was not the 7th day sabbath but it was "a" sabbath.

This was not my purpose for this thread, but since these are the only reponses that I have gotten so far, I do choose to respond to them. We can continue this discourse if you like, whether in this thread or in PM's whichever you prefer. And this extends to anyone who chooses to respond in this thread as well.....

Grace and Peace in the Lord Jesus Christ

2008/11/30 13:42Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear BlazedbyGod,

Your response is appreciated. I am open for discussion and instruction, as well. My husband and I have been honoring Sunday as The Lord's Day for at least a year. Whereas I used to do a load of laundry on Sunday's, weather permitting, now I do not. We no longer do yard work on Sunday, either. We have not found any local church we would attend a 2nd time, so our instruction is from the daily Bible readings we have. As I read things on the forums I visit, I discuss them with my husband.

About a year ago we became concerned about which day of the week we should be honoring and after reading many different pieces and discussion with a Christian friend we have come to believe Sunday is the Lord's Day. If you feel differently and wish to expound on your belief, I will be glad to listen.

What I should have said is that we do not respect any special days (such as Christmas). Every day is cause for celebrating the virgin birth, live, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus and forgiveness of our many sins afforded by confessing His name.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2008/11/30 14:18Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

I am of the persuasion that no day is greater than another day; so long as it is called "to day" ([b]Hebrews 4[/b]) as Brother Chris mentioned. This is the day the Lord has made; this is the day of the Lord's salvation.

Perhaps you should teach us what you have learned BlazedbyGod by believing in "the 7th day Sabbath" because this doesn't appear to be a common belief around here on SI.

What distinguishes one day from "a" Sabbath day or from "the 7th Sabbath day"?

2008/11/30 16:52Profile
Stampe

Copenhagen/Denmark

Re:

Dear Whitestone and others on the forum,

I have recently studied the subject of the Sabbath, and I have found that Jesus is the fulfilment of the Sabbath, because in Him we have rest from works, in that we are not justified by our own righteous deeds (works of law), but by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

Just consider these scriptures...

[b]MATTHEW 11:28-30[/b]
[i]"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." [/i]

Jesus calls all who labor, meaning all who are trying to be justified by works of law.

Jesus Calls all who are heavy laden, meaning they are heavy laden with sins.

...But in Him they will find rest for their souls

[b]ROMANS 4:4-5[/b]
[i]"Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness"[/i]

To the one that works, meaning the one who by good works of law earns and deserves his salvation, his salvation is not by grace, but it is obtained because God is indebted to that person...

So, as I had to conclude, the Sabbath commandment is pointing to Christ and to find rest in Him from works of law.

We can never be justified by works of law, but only by faith in Christ who died for the ungodly. We can never earn or deserve our salvation through our own righteous deeds, but we can only look to Him who drank the cup of the wrath of God for our sins...

Love,

Stampe

2008/11/30 18:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy