SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Some thoughts from John 9

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Some thoughts from John 9

I thought it was interesting to see how the encounter Christ had with the blind man unfolded. Consider the following:

The man's blindness was not a result of his or his parent's sins. He was that way so that the works of God would be seen in him. This makes me wonder if I should complain about the hardships I have in my life. How will God use them to reveal His glory?

Notice how Jesus placed the mud on his eyes and told him to go and wash it from the pool of Siliom. When the man returned with his sight, he didn't even know who Jesus was - he could not find him!

Later on, after being cast out for his proclamation of Christ, Jesus then found him. I found it interesting how this man was willing to be cast out from the synagogue even though it was something that his parents feared and he didn't even know who it was that had given him his sight! The work was enough to convince him that something greater than himself is what gave him his sight.

Since the man did not know who Jesus was, Jesus sought the man out. After asking the man if he believed in the Son of Man and telling him that it was He who was the Son of Man, the man who was once blind responded this way, "'Lord, I believe,' and he worshiped Him." Wow! There was no prayer, no Bible tract, no theological conversation, nothing. God performed a work in this man, and that was enough to convince Him that Jesus is Lord.

I realize that we are all called to repentence, but I find it interesting that God performed the work in Him. It is only the power of God that can transform a heart. I personally have a problem with impersonal Bible tract distribution. How could our efforts be better placed for the work of the kingdom? How much time do we waste casting our pearls to swine when their hearts are not even ready. I am not advocating a passive approach to missions, I just think there are more effective, Biblical means in which people decide to give everything to Christ.

Just some thoughts.

2008/11/28 22:31Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Some thoughts from John 9

All for the Kingdom :-)

2008/11/28 23:48Profile
psalm1

Re: Some thoughts from John 9

Quote,

"I personally have a problem with impersonal Bible tract distribution. How could our efforts be better placed for the work of the kingdom? How much time do we waste casting our pearls to swine when their hearts are not even ready. I am not advocating a passive approach to missions, I just think there are more effective, Biblical means in which people decide to give everything to Christ."

I know what you mean and I have pondered this.
However if you ever come across a saint that has a ministry in tracts you will see this differently.
It is a viable ministry and many many testimonials authenticate this ministry. Some put their phone no. on the tracts for follow up or salvation.

However the word comes or however God reaches the heart of man, sometimes it aint too pretty but we will get er done. Amen?

It is the Holy Ghost that uses our words or example to deal with the heart of man to bring them to repentance and ,thank you Jesus,the marvelous born again experience.

2008/11/30 11:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy