SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : By Nature We Bend Towards That Which is False

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

By Nature We Bend Towards That Which is False

By Nature We Bend Towards That Which is False

Quoting AW Pink . . .

The Lord's command in Mark 4:24 is "take heed what ye hear". Corrupt nature is thoroughly in love with error and will more readily and eagerly receive false rather than true doctrine. Should any dispute this statement, we would refer them to Jeremiah 5:31: "the prophets prophesy falsely and the priests bear rule by their means; and My people love to have it so". Said Christ unto the Jews, "because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not" (John 8:45): what a commentary on fallen human nature - had He preached lies they would have promptly received Him.
Alas, what is man: he will run greedily after something new and sensational, but is soon bored by the old story of the Gospel.

How feeble is the Christian, how weak his faith, how fickle and unstable the moment he is left to himself. Peter, the most courageous and forward of the apostles in his profession, denied his Master when challenged by a maid. Even when given a heart to love the Truth, we still have "itching ears" for novelties and errors, as the Israelites welcomed the manna at first, but soon grew weary of it and lusted after the fleshpots of Egypt.

Real and urgent then is our need to heed this command,
"Beware of false prophets."

2008/11/27 8:41Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: By Nature We Bend Towards That Which is False

This article in some ways mirrors the thoughts I have been having concerning truth.

We accept truth to a certain level, but beyond that, we reject it.

But, getting back to the article, we are very much into what is new, and novel, and because of this, many are carried away with new doctrines, extra biblical teachings, and whatever pleases the flesh.

Many Christians are bored with the old gospel, hence all the hype that is taking place in many churches nowadays.

God help us.

2008/11/27 9:13Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Great Article TJ. I have seen it first hand that people do not love and agree with the truth of the scriptures. Most are not settled upon the base of strong biblical doctrine, therefore they do not judge what is being said and accept everything that comes their way.

2008/11/27 11:47Profile
Logic

To bad y'all keep making excuses for sin, why don't you just have some integrity and accept the responcability of your own own choices & Stop blaiming your nature for what y'all choose to do from your own volition.

Why did Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels sin, if they do not have a "Corrupt Nature"?
Why did Adam and Eve sin, since they didn't have a "Corrupt Nature" inside of them?

The answer, because they wanted to. We cannot look to anything but our own free will as the cause of our sin. We have no one to blame but ourselves, it is our own fault.

One must not make diferences between Lucifer & his angels sin, Adam & Eve's reason for sinning with our onw reason for sinning.

2008/11/27 22:09Profile
rbanks

Re:

To bad y'all keep making excuses for sin, why don't you just have some integrity and accept the responcability of your own own choices & Stop blaiming your nature for what y'all choose to do from your own volition. -[quote -Logic]

Yes logic we are all responsible for our own choices and I am sorry that I have sinned. I hope you are sorry for your sins also. I did use my freewill to sin and I can not blame nobody but me. Left to my free will and I would surely be in hell. I was weak but that is no excuse so I must die because the soul that sinneth shall die. I had thought sin could bring me pleasure but now I see it differently and I have asked God to forgive me. I don't want to do my will any more but I want to do God's will. I know and desire now, to not trust in my free will but to surrender to God and trust in Christ and in His Spirit to become what God wants of me.

Ro 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. I've asked God to help me because I am carnal, sold under sin. I have sinned and now I am carnal sold under sin and in bondage to sin. Ro 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. I am really having a hard time because I want to do better. Ro 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. But there is something that is keeping me from doing good and causing me to do wrong.

Ro 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. Sin is dwelling in me and causing me to do evil.

Ro 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. There is nothing good dwelling in my flesh. Jesus said there is none good but one and that is God.

Ro 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Ro 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Ro 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Ro 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Ro 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Ro 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Ro 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Thank God Jesus can deliver me from my wretchedness. In Christ Jesus I am justified and a new creature and If I walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh then I will be free from the control of sin in my flesh. The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the Law of sin and death.

2008/11/27 23:25Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
rbanks wrote:
Yes logic we are all responsible for our own choices and I am sorry that I have sinned. I hope you are sorry for your sins also. I did use my freewill to sin and I can not blame nobody but me. Left to my free will and I would surely be in hell. I was weak but that is no excuse so I must die because the soul that sinneth shall die. I had thought sin could bring me pleasure but now I see it differently and I have asked God to forgive me. I don't want to do my will any more but I want to do God's will. I know and desire now, to not trust in my free will but to surrender to God and trust in Christ and in His Spirit to become what God wants of me.

Why must you say that you have a "Corrupt Nature"?

Please, explain and Tell me; since Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels sin, if they do not have a "Corrupt Nature".
[b]&[/b]
Adam and Eve sin, since they didn't have a "Corrupt Nature" inside of them.
Why must you say that mankind have a "Corrupt Nature" for sinning?

Please answer this?

2008/11/28 0:57Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I'm not really part of this discussion, but I'll throw in two cents that I read today from a sermon by John MacArthur:

"In the case of Lucifer, he was the source of evil initially in the angelic realm and as we will see, he got a third of the other angels to get along with him and join. Now since angels don't procreate, Lucifer didn't sin and pass on sin because angels don't marry are not given in marriage, as Jesus said. They don't procreate. They were all created at one time. But when Satan made a bad choice, he managed to seduce a third of the rest of the angels...there are ten thousand times ten thousand thousands of thousands so you can multiply all of that and you're probably not there yet. So there are twice as many holy angels as demons since one third fell, two thirds didn't. But they fell by choice. We'll see that choice when we get into the prophets.

The same happened with Adam and Eve, only it had a different effect. With angels they all sinned their own sin and nobody sin passed to anybody else cause they don't procreate. In the case of Adam and Eve, when Adam and Eve made the wrong choice, all humanity went with them because we all come out of the loins of Adam and Eve. So the source of evil is outside of God. The source of evil is the creature."
- from sermon The Origin of Evil #90-235

2008/11/28 1:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
To bad y'all keep making excuses for sin, why don't you just have some integrity and accept the responcability of your own own choices & Stop blaiming your nature for what y'all choose to do from your own volition.

Speaking of integrity ...

Logic. At no point has anyone asserted your insinuations, here or elsewhere.

If you continue these attempts to bait others into yet another contentious argument you will be removed.

2008/11/28 2:15Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply: and greetings to all.

If we say we know, then we prove by our own words that we don’t. Scripture says we can’t
know because God’s thoughts are not our thoughts. Our salvation is based upon Who we know and not what we know. The New Covenant is based upon our faith in The One scripture leads us too. If you know Jesus then proceed in joy and in the spirit of love and charity that Jesus has placed into your heart for your works are already accepted by God..

Eddie

2008/11/28 6:40Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
crsschk wrote:
Quote:

Speaking of integrity ...

Logic. At no point has anyone asserted your insinuations, here or elsewhere.

If you continue these attempts to bait others into yet another contentious argument you will be removed.

if you mean the insnuations that y'all keep making excuses for sin, My point is that a "corupt nature" is an excuse for sin.

Why do you think I'm "baiting"?
I have a serious question which no one has answered for a defence of their doctrine which they keep a hold of with no reasonable purpose.

What is the purpose of this doctrine?

It muddies the water so people can blaim their nature for the reason that they sin.

Sure, [b]rbanks[/b] takes responcibiliy for his sinful choices, but how can any body truly do that if they have a "corupted natute" which causes them to have no other choice but to sin?

Knowing that mankind can not avoid sin according to this. Mankind can never remain sinless even from his birth, it is imposible.
Tell me how one can truly take responsibility for that which is unavoidable, inevitable?

All I want to know is why y'all say that we have a corrupt nautre all because we sin when the devil & the other fallen angels didn't have one, nor did Adam & Eve.

What is the diference between Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels sin, Adam and Eve"s sin, and ours?

2008/11/28 13:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy