SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What are you reading?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re: What are you reading?

'The Surprising Work of God' by Jonathan Edwards
and as soon as I finish this book I am going to read a book that was loaned to me called:
'The Seduction of Christianity, Spiritual Discernment in the last days' by Dave Hunt & T.A McMahon.

2008/12/1 12:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

"Towards an Old Testament Theology" by Walter Kaiser, Jr. Quite an amazing study of the Old Testament and how God's "promise" towards "the seed" has unfolded. Though somewhat technical in nature (much of the technical chatter is reserved for footnotes), it is a great study. Especially if you embrace an Art Katz theology.

2008/12/1 19:42Profile

Re:

Ray Comforts blog.....Faith by wigglesworth....General next to God, William Booth

2008/12/1 19:49
Compton

Re:

Quote:
My next date night with my wife is to go to Barnes and Noble and read!

This really is enjoyable. Browsing through a pile of books with a nice cup of coffee is especially appealing during the winter.

MC

2008/12/1 21:39Profile
Swordbearer

Re:

"Hudson Taylor, In early years"- By Mr and Mrs Howard
"By Searching" and "Whom God has Joined" - Isobel Kuhn
"Things I have Learned" - Bob Jones Sr
" The Journals of Jim Elliot" - By Elisabeth Elliot
"The Pilgrims Progress" - John Bunyan
"Road To Revival" - Vance Havner

2008/12/1 21:46Profile
BenK

Harrisburg PA

Re:

The Gospel and Personal Evangelism - Mark Dever

2008/12/1 21:59Profile
Compton

Re:

A couple of intriguing recent titles...

Graven Images New England Stone carving and it's Symbols' 1650-1815. The oft misunderstood and misrepresented Puritans continue to surprise...this photo survey of their grave carvings is no exception.

Life and Leisure in Ancient Rome It's too bad 95% of history books are really just about wars and kings. This little book is a happy exception. It's the boring stuff that ancient people did all day with their lives that connects us with them.

The Art of Prophesying Many here at SI are well aware that the Puritans took the pastoral role of public preaching and praying God's word seriously. (Special thanks to Paul West for bringing this one up a few weeks ago.)

Blessings,

MC

2008/12/1 22:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
It's too bad 95% of history books are really just about wars and kings.

Amen and AMEN! And historians wonder why children and adults are so turned off by history??!! Reading most history books you would think the only people that lived in ages past were the armies and the politicians. And you see the same mindset in recorded church history. You get the idea that all churches consisted of is preachers, their sermons and squabbles. What about the people in the pew? What happened to life where it meets the road? This is the story I want to hear and read about, be it secular or religious.

History should be about people: not just a few who are in some leadership positions, like some 'king' or 'pope', be it church or state.

ginnyrose

2008/12/2 5:03Profile

Re:

Comic books.

Krispy

2008/12/2 8:15
EvangelistC

Re:

All of Grace by Spurgeon
True Israel of God by Shelton Jr.
The Bible

2008/12/3 11:55Profile