SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sales People

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EvangelistC

Sales People

I was talking to a person a little while back about becoming a sales person. He was saying that I would be a good sales person because I do a lot of personal evangelism. I told him that it was easy to talk about Jesus because that is my passion. It was a lot harder to talk about a certain product. He then said that you had to be sold out to the product and live sales. I said he should have that same approach to personal evangelism. If he was as consistant in evangelism as at making sales he would be an excellent person for evangelism. In sales a sale is at risk, but in evangelism a soul is in jeopardy.

2008/11/22 17:22Profile
EvangelistC

Re: Sales People

Ravenhill said that most religions will die for their god, but most Christians wont even live for theirs. It makes you think huh?

2008/11/22 17:24Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I am both a sales person and also do evangelism. The two should never be mixed or confused. I think it is a cliche that the evangelist must be outgoing, communicative, people orientated, sociable and friendly.

Sales talent may actually become a hinderance to godly evangelism. I have for many years tried to "sell" the gospel as a value proposition for a better life and even "won" false converts until God opened my eyes for His truth.

Yes, we persuade men, knowing the terror of God.
God will use a broken heart over and above his talent.

narrowpath

2008/11/22 17:53Profile
EvangelistC

Re:

i was in no way refering to seeker sensitive evangelism. A person cannot be genuinely saved without repentance. My point was that if a person doin personal evangelism would show the fervency he shows to make money, then his persistance would show a passion for the lost. Paul said for us to persuade them to come. i was in no means showing to use sales tactics for evangelism.

2008/11/22 17:58Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

From John MacArthur:

To convince a man that God can save, I need
to show him a man He saved.
To convince a man that God can give hope,
I need to show him a man with hope.
To convince a man God can give peace, joy,
and love; I need to show him a man filled
with peace, joy, and love.