SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake

[b]Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake[/b]

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) - People in a vast seismic zone in the southern and midwestern United States would face catastrophic damage if a major earthquake struck there and should ensure that builders keep that risk in mind, a government report said on Thursday.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said if earthquakes strike in what geologists define as the New Madrid Seismic Zone, they would cause "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States."
FEMA predicted a large earthquake would cause "widespread and catastrophic physical damage" across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee -- home to some 44 million people.

Tennessee is likely to be hardest hit, according to the study that sought to gauge the impact of a 7.7 magnitude earthquake in order to guide the government's response. ...

read more: reuters.com

2008/11/22 12:38Profile

Re: Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake

In his end times fiction book, "The End of Days" Author David Dolan has this scenario in one of his chapters.

2008/11/22 12:46
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I live right in the center of it. The town I live in is undermined from the lead mining industry that operated here years ago. There are debates that argue wether or not my town, Bonne Terre, would be nothing but a series of lakes after a major earthquake.

2008/11/22 13:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy