SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hebrews 6:4-6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Theophilus20

Spokane Wa

Re:

I Am constantly amazed that ppl will start their reading of Hebrews 6 in verse 4. Doesnt the "Therefore" in verse 4 cry out to you? Isint it waiveng a flag to you to look back to the previous verses for context?
Avoid Scriptual Error and Herrasies! ues the context.
Example: I do believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, I do not believe that Revelations 21:8 teaches that. The virgin birth must be brought from Gods word where he put it.
Hebrews 6 Undeniabley teaches a security for believers that you can depend on. If you believe in "Eternal Insecurity" you will have to find passages that in Full context support that Idea. Hebrews 6 teaches "Eternal Security" for believers.
(there is also the possibility that this passage was brought up simply get a conversation going, but I hope that there was an honest search for truth and enlightenment)

2008/12/1 17:04Profile
bible1985

Re:

amen, the context not what we want to hear only.

2008/12/2 15:10Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
but its just my opinion

No, it is Bible truth. Your opinion just happens to coincide. ;-)

The gospel isn't hard. Jesus' teachings were not meant for the elite, for the scribes. Paul said, "I am amazed you are so quickly led astray from the . . . simplicity of Christ."

Nowhere else would "blotted out" mean something other than taking away something that was there. It doesn't here either. If God meant something else, he would have used a different word with the correct meaning. :-)

2008/12/4 7:45Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
Brother hmmhmm, you are looking at where CHRIST said He will NOT blot their names out of the book of life in Revelation 3:5 and assuming the opposite to automatically be the case. You are making an argument from silence. IT DOESN'T SAY HE WILL BLOT NAMES OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE. He is simply making a statement of fact and not making a threat.

You are making a good point, but we are also not looking at the other Bible verses that deal directly and indirectly with God blotting names out of the book of life. I would say those verses need to be part of the context here if we are going to discuss this.

2008/12/4 7:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy