SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hebrews 6:4-6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenK

Harrisburg PA

Re:

hmmhmm said:

"Yes there is unconcius sin to, but known sin is never an accident."

Do you believe that there is a difference in the eyes of God?

2008/11/25 12:10Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

BenK wrote:
hmmhmm said:

"Yes there is unconcius sin to, but known sin is never an accident."

Do you believe that there is a difference in the eyes of God?

Yes i do believe that

If lets say you commit adultery and murder someone, we know that is sin, but if you happend to take one minute to long luchbreak at work and you did not work when you was paid to. Unless you planed it that was theft and you stole from your company that you work for, such sin if accidental i think is not as severe as lets say you plan to do something you know God hates you doing.

2008/11/25 12:16Profile
bible1985

Re:

i think god hates both sins, but i think their is a bigger sin than others most definitely. For even the smaller sins the holy spirit will speak to you and tell you to stop even with those.

2008/11/25 12:50Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

questions of translations

http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1924_mauro_which-version.html

WHICH VERSION? AUTHORIZED OR REVISED?
(1924)

By Philip Mauro

The present inquiry is in regard to the many differences, some of them quite serious, between the "Authorized," or King James Version, first published in 1611, and the "Revised" Version of 1881. The total number of the departures of the latter from the former is over thirty-six thousand.

2008/11/25 20:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
Do you think that denying Christ when he is living in you is a lot worse than what Peter wept over?

I am thinking that this is related to the context of Hebrew 6:4-6. Can you give enlightenment on these very controversial verses.

Sorry I took so long to respond, passerby.

I've been thinking about this a lot. I don't want to comment too much right now because I'm still learning. I've been real afraid of these types of verses in the past and I don't want to say anything that might give someone a wrong idea. I'd be glad to hear anyone else's thoughts on it though. It's not like we can't talk about it.

Ben

2008/11/25 20:10
passerby

Re:

I agree with you. It is good to slow down in cases like this to avoid putting any stumbling block to others as well us to ourselves.

Reading Hebrews 6:4-6 can draw us to ask questions regarding the security of our salvation.

But let us not discuss formally at the moment about 'OSAS' or 'perseverance of the saints' as this will require an extensive cross-reference. Let us place our focus in this very 'episle to the hebrews'; its intended recipients, on what was the author's main theme/s, what were his pressing concerns at that time about this particular group of people.

This epistle was addressed to jewish christians, and one of the main purposes of the letter was to give insight to the relationships of the old covenant/testament and the new covenant/testament and within this theme that I am trying to look now at the context of Hebrews 6:4-6.

It is my understanding that it was not really the intention of the author to establish a doctrine about 'believers security' or regarding 'unpardonable actions or sin' with these verses. His concern was a 'crisis of belief' that could result to apostasy from 'the new covenant', to the drifting away from the 'message of grace and faith', to the renunciation of the gospel reverting back to Judaism.

This apostasy is like conspiring with those who crucified the Lord Jesus Christ, accusing Him of great lie, blasphemy, and that like a hardened criminal, He must be crucified and suffer an openly shameful death.

It is impossible to restore this kind of apostasy to our Lord, doing ritual sacrifices of the old testament, "For it is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins" (Heb 10:4). There is no hope for a messiah, He had already come..."There remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins"(Heb 10:26).

Well, a very simplistic explanation, I hope it is not a stumbling block to anybody.

2008/11/26 22:34Profile
passerby

Re:

Clarification:

Quote:
It is impossible to restore this kind of apostasy to our Lord, doing ritual sacrifices of the old testament,

What I mean is that repentance is but a futile effort for it is impossible to be restored to God by depending on those old testament rituals again.

2008/11/27 1:53Profile
bible1985

Re:

i agree passerby on your intrpretation of the book of hebrews. Also hebrews ch. 10 verse 26 is pertaining to those jewish christians too.

2008/11/27 3:21Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

bible1985 wrote:
i agree passerby on your intrpretation of the book of hebrews. Also hebrews ch. 10 verse 26 is pertaining to those jewish christians too.

do you mean it does not apply to us?

is there a difference between a gentile christian and a jesish christian?

if so, then we can not apply the letter of romans to us neither, since we are not romans, nor galatians or any other letter. since there is no letter to the swedish does that mean i have no scripture that applies to me?

what is written in hebrews is for all christians for all times, yes some aspects of the letter has some cultural aspects that need to be known. but some of the reasonings here are not good.

we should not explain away warnings in scripture with it does not apply to us since we are not jews.

they where born again christians by gods spirit. The letter to the hebrews apply to all in that group, regardless of ethnic group or culture.

we need a greter trembling at the word of God and less reasoning. We need more awe and reverence to what God has spoken. if a verse in hebrews dont 'match' your theology, dont reason away scripture to fit doctrine, better say, i do not know, yet...

God may reveal it some day, but until then we must not alter scripture or diminish it by saying ' it does not apply to me'

we will be judged by every word written in that book, no matter jew or gentile.

please do concider this.

2008/11/27 4:12Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

we will be judged by every word. . . no matter jew or gentile.

AMEN!

Your post hit home, thank you for taking the time to enter it.

We do seem to reason away our awe of God, that is a significant point - the strongest point in your post, to me. The human language and understanding is not capable of total understanding or explaining away the mysteries of God. I believe the practice of falling on your face before God should be reestablished. There do not seem to be many humble Christian's around, pointing at myself here, too. Our worldly knowledge and learning has puffed us up and done it's best to explain away all the glory. (Excuse me, I get a little carried away on this subject)

Praise the Lord!
ws

2008/11/27 11:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy