SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dealing with demons.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MattC

Cali.

Re:

press in with all i got. man, is that going to be hard i have the hardest time focusing (truly focusing). well, thank you for your very spirit filled message, and i hope to see you on the other side?????

2008/11/19 0:55Profile
MattC

Cali.

Re:

Quote:

Your questions are too vague to answer... what specifically are you needing to face?

Krispy

Hm. i think im needing to face myself out in public, confronting a few things, 1. my looks, i was thinking of bringing a mirror out in public and looking at myself (i would love to bring a big mirror but how strange would that be *hm*) 2. speaking my mind (about the truth, or even just yelling out ahhhhhhh, and then God, or idk, but...).

i think that, oo and im dealing with needing to call my father. man and even talk to my family.

2008/11/19 6:10Profile
dohzman

Re: Dealing with demons.

facing your demons is an expression thats pretty old, my generation and generations before used that expression. Basically it means that the failures and mistakes we have made in the past that come to haunt us at times, how do we deal with them? I believe that may be what you are asking. Here's some quick but not so easy things you may want to consider doing.

1) if you have already asked forgiveness you can be assured it is the accusser ofthe brethren that is attacking your mind, so you can resist the devil and he will flee, often times I just say out loud "I rtesist you in the name (power/authority) of Jesus Christ, and than I thank the Lord for His forgiveness.
2)if you believe it is a demon, you do have authority over it, Jesus said behold I give you authority over ....just command it to leave.If its your own conscience, you have to forgive your self, rember what Jesus told Peter about forgiving a brother 70 time 7 in one day? wwell often times we have to forgive ourselves 70 times 7 in one day (that is of course after we have dealt with the Lord first about a matter). It is a consciencious decission and sometimes we need to say it out loud, The lord has forgiven me and I for give me too.
3)forgetting that which is past, Paul said that he put behind him the past, think of it he imprisoned christians and consented some to death, he had to put all that behind him and press on to the high calling in Christ Jesus. Here too it helps to train the thinking to verbally say I put (fill in the blank) behind me in the name of Jesus Christ and than start to thank God for His amazing grace and forgiveness.

The good news is that none of these things are too hard to do, they all work and doing them consistantly will result in strengthening your spiritual muscles, so to speak. In His stead, bro daryl

2008/11/19 8:35Profile
destinysweet

Re:

Dear brother Matt..due to the fact that oftimes, sterile typed words,leave so much to be desired in regards to heartfelt counsel,and with your added information that reveals you have difficulty being still and focusing,I would ask you to resist the temptation to allow discouragement to cause you to adopt an unworthy attitude or to believe the worst in regards to the genuine tone of my words.

Yesterday, the Lord God led me to look in on this site..and led me directly to your quandry..as I am more than qualified to speak into the situation,though the Holy Spirit of promise who richly dwells in my spirit and has consumed my soul..I am apt to believe that should you take to heart what I give you here..you will benefit greatly now and always in your search for His Perfect, Pure and Holy Way. Your dilemma is common among those who have as yet to fully surrender to His will..your soul is made up of your mind will and emotions..your will must be broken..laid before Him as He has asked of you..until He is given this full surrender,which only He can accomplish within you,as He is allowed to do this work within you..with your will securely under His divine authority..your mind and emotions will also come under the powerful sway of His Divine Spirit.

Having dealt very successfully with the issues regarding the soul of man first within myself and then for countless others..and walking in true authority in regards to demonic possession within the souls of man and the setting free of many held captive,I am more than qualified to speak into this subject.It is clear to me,having been led to examine many of the forums of those who are believers in Christ Jesus and with solidly focused,earnest prayer came to see clearly the dire lack of true authority in many of those who set themselves up as if they were experts on things they have not yet had much, if any, real experience handling..sadder still is the ridiculous way many bandy about scriptures and toss around ideas..revealing their utter lack of understanding...profoundly ignorant of how grieved they have made our patient and long suffering Savior.(and if this angers some..may our Lord lead you into a more humbly effective life in Him..lest His wraith be brought to bear upon you for not presenting His Truth with accuracy...as it is the Truth that sets us free..if we aren't actively involved in setting folks free and revealing the True Christ through our lives..we ought to be silent and go back to the prayer closet and find where we have gone off course from His divine plan.)

Since God has made it known to us through His word that He desires to restore a more pure language upon the earth..we who love Him ought to have this same goal in mind when we speak..for greater effectiveness as well as to eliminate the curse that can follow our idle speech.This offhand way of saying..dealing with our demons..opens the door to more confusion and inaccuracy..if not an actual invitation for these fallen ones to enter through the door opened upon speaking this way..if what you say is inaccurate, than it is not true..if it is not true..there is no power..no authority. Words are important when dealing with a person's troubles..rightly dividing the word..even correcting a persons habitual way of saying things about themselves will bring amazing change when it is done with love and power..our words have no power if they are not divinely inspired..you cannot just use the words of Christ Jesus like some easy shmeasy formula to cast out demons nor to heal the mind or emotions..or physical body of someone in need..He must be speaking the words through you..the Holy Spirit must be in control of the one who is praying..determining the needs of the one who is receiving the counsel..always laced with deep and earnest prayer...addressing the whole person,spirit soul and body..in the way He wants it done..not us muddling through..uh..let's see..now if we say..in Jesus name..that should do it..Voila! And though sometimes God's mercy will move upon the situation out of pure benevolence..but how many of these formuliac prayer times of so called ministry resulting in an outcome more like this.. lo and behold ..this poor soul is back next week with more problems than they originally came with,partially because not only is their measure of faith being attacked relentlessly..but a desperation wrought with confusion now plagues them as well. This trying to battle with darkness without God's real Authority is simply psuedo-spiritual spellcasting or witchcraft..and is counterfeit..yea..an evil practice indeed..to be repented of not bandied about like some lucky charm.

In the daily devotional written by Oswald Chambers,MY Utmnost For His Highest,the author gives an excellent discourse on what it means to speak and/or be in the NAME of JESUS. perhaps someone can pinpoint this article for your perusal as I do not have the book on my possession at this time.

Our focus must be, what is God's will??? Not what do I want to happen..or what do I want from from God. This is a type of consumerism that is displeasing to the most high..irregardless of what the popular preachers have to say about it. He is concerned about what we need..first things first.Some may argue that this 'dealing with our demons'spoken in this way, is a 'contemporary' way of speaking..and that I am being too stringent..however if it were not important,I would not mention it.I have far more important things to do besides argue over semantics with the untrained and undisciplined of speech.

We,as true believers, have access to the Ancient of Days..The very Mind of Christ..whose memory is long..and clear..unwavering in divine Truth..we have access to any and all the solutions we need..for us who have determined to lose our lives to find ourselves borne anew in Him..believe and trust Him to give us the answers we need..when we need them..in accordance with divine will know to ask for what we do not have as He reveals what we need. Irregardless of where you are in your growth and developement in your relationship with Him understand that you are always welcome in His presence..and can always feel free to ask Him to give you the focus you need..my friend..if this is what you are lacking..He is waiting for you to ask the right questions..don't know what these are?..Tell Him..I don't know what to ask you Lord..It grieves His heart for you that you are left asking people for the answers He would give to you with no mediator but Himself..not to diminish the good intentions of all those who serve Him as best they know how.
If you will,consider this forum interaction you have sought out..this requires a type of focus in itself..to sit before your keyboard and screen interacting with people whose faces you don't see and make the effort to communicate with them requires focus..now...you cannot see God,as yet,either..but you need to communicate with Him..so then, turn your heart and mind to reach out to Him and HIM alone..He waits for you to compose for Him,to HIM all these questions you may have..to share with HIM your confusion, hurts and those deeper,desperate cries of your heart..why look to the fallible human understanding when you have the Perfect?

He would teach you to fish for yourself..not look for quick fixes..ask Him to give you the ability to 'press in'.Do you truly desire to do this? So be it! He has given us everything pertaining to godliness..all that you need resides in Him..however..as you run to your fellow man to solve your problems He sees that you would rather hear from them..so He remains silent..and you flounder about..wasting valuable time and energy relying on others, when He desires to establish your relationship with Him alone...First and Foremost..this is what He is calling you to..He will provide the impetus..Ask Him to take from you the unstable ways of the man whose mind is divided..whose heart has not been trained in the ways of the Master..our Christ..He is not angry..only waiting for you to ask..ask Him what it is you need to ask for. He has made it so simple for us..will you be made whole?

He has provided for this..it is already yours.
He waits..go to Him. He will meet you there.

Only Believe!

2008/11/19 18:20Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Quote:

MattC wrote:
Does God make us (me) face the demons of our (my) past? And if so, do we (I) need to confront them in order to make them go away?

Hi MattC,

Not really sure what you mean but you might want to check out the sermon, [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4130&commentView=itemComments]Authority of Demons by Corrie ten Boom[/url]. You may find it helpful...

2008/11/19 19:06Profile
missonminded

Re:

i guess it depends on what kind of commitment. if the commitment involves any sort of sin in some way, then probably no. but if the commitment does not involve sin, or go against any kind of scripture then probably /yeah/or/maybe.. Jesus said let your yes be yes, and your no be no. Basically be a man, or woman of your word. thats why we need to be very careful of what we say we will or wont do, and be very careful of any commitments we make etc.
bible says promises,or swearing to do something is wrong and a snare,heres one specific verse-
Prov 20:25 "It is a snare for a man to devote rashly something as holy, And afterward to reconsider his vows. "

so for example something simple like this- if someone at work asks me today to work for them next friday, and i say yes. but then tomorrow i remember that next friday is a concert i wanted to go to - & its one of my most favorite bands, i'd be tempted to call the co-worker up and say, hey im sorry i just remembered my favorite band is in concert next friday ,so i cant work for you etc. but to honestly to follow bible, i must not give in to the temptation to go back on my 'word' i must do as i said and work that friday for the co-worker because i said i would, let my yes be yes. etc. although it doesnt mean i cant say to the co-worker, hey is there anyway we can find someone else to work your friday, i forgot about this concert etc. and if we cant find someone to work, then for sure i will work it for you as i said.

whatever commitment you are dealing with in your life- take it to the Lord and pray about it, and seek His will as to what you should do. i am not telling you to do your commitment, and im not telling you to not do your commitment. God only knows. You must ask Him. every life and commitment is different- so seek the Lord in this matter.

2008/11/20 20:15Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Quote:
Does God make us (me) face the demons of our (my) past? And if so, do we (I) need to confront them in order to make them go away?

No, we are to look only to Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. God does not make us face demons (of our past) in order for them to go away. We, who were once of a wild olive tree have now been ingrafted in a good olive tree - and all things are made new. You are in Christ, and there are no demons in Christ. Christ is your strength, your righteouness, your justification, your sanctification. He is all in all. You do not have to face anything but Christ, and you face Him by staying low at His feet and looking up for His strength, by which you can do all things.

Brother Paul

2008/11/20 21:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
He is all in all. You do not have to face anything but Christ, and you face Him by staying low at His feet and looking up for His strength, by which you can do all things.
Brother Paul

Amen Brother Paul, I have been at his feet for this Country for the past few weeks now, and of course for some personal issues I have been dealing with. Thank God I was born with the gift of being a very humble person, it sure makes staying low at his feet a lot easier.

2008/11/21 0:33Profile
MattC

Cali.

Re:

I always rewrite my post a few times, i never think i have the right words, but, God Bless you brothers and sisters for YOUR(and i use that word loosely) counsel.

Its been a wonderful help in my quandary (and a quandary indeed, it has been), although it may get worse, as it does, i believe it will no longer be a quandary but a trying of my faith, without all the confusion of before.

Doing much better by the way. =)

Praise the Lord!!

woo

2008/11/21 1:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy