SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dealing with demons.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MattC

Cali.

Dealing with demons.

Does God make us (me) face the demons of our (my) past? And if so, do we (I) need to confront them in order to make them go away?

2008/11/18 3:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Dealing with demons.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say 'face the demons of your past.

I have to ask, where in scripture did you get that from?

This came to mind as I read your post, 2 Cor 5v17, 'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.'

Like I said, I'm uncertain as to what you mean.

2008/11/18 3:52Profile
missonminded

hi, i think sometimes we have to confront certain things, but sometimes we dont have too, but no matter what always repent, (ask for forgiveness, and then turn directions), and then move on and do what paul said-

Phil 3:13-14 "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

sometimes i think when people try to go backwards to confront their past they end up in the same mud pit stuck, and then fall again into the same sins...sometimes i think confronting the past is satans trick to get you trapped again...
i personally repent, and move forward and trust the Lord to take care of my past, as i look and move forward in life with God...God bless!!!!!

Quote:

MattC wrote:
Does God make us (me) face the demons of our (my) past? And if so, do we (I) need to confront them in order to make them go away?

2008/11/18 4:33Profile
MattC

Cali.

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
I have to ask, where in scripture did you get that from?

No where in scripture, its within my mind.

Maybe seducing spirits?

2008/11/18 15:07Profile
MattC

Cali.

Re:

Quote:

missonminded wrote:
hi, i think sometimes we have to confront certain things, but sometimes we dont have too, but no matter what always repent, (ask for forgiveness, and then turn directions), and then move on and do what paul said-

Phil 3:13-14 "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

sometimes i think when people try to go backwards to confront their past they end up in the same mud pit stuck, and then fall again into the same sins...sometimes i think confronting the past is satans trick to get you trapped again...
i personally repent, and move forward and trust the Lord to take care of my past, as i look and move forward in life with God...God bless!!!!!

hm.

i agree with its satan trick to get us trapped in the world of sin. I was in a program, i ended up leaving before my commitment was up, to come back to my past, and everything is started where it left off, except many times worse. makes me think of the passage that talks about the demons go and come back so many times worse. hm.

2008/11/18 15:13Profile
MattC

Cali.

Quote:

missonminded wrote:
but no matter what always repent, (ask for forgiveness, and then turn directions)

lets say i repent from making breaking a commitment and then turn directions, would that direction be to go back and finish that commitment?

2008/11/18 15:27Profile

Re:

Your questions are too vague to answer... what specifically are you needing to face?

Krispy

2008/11/18 16:16
destinysweet

Re: dealing with demons

greetings brethren..If I may help..first thing that occurs to me upon reading your quandry...I see the need to reconsider the terminology being used here..are you dealing with your own soul..personal failings,for example,a chronic lack of commitment to your word..a tendancy to give your word before asking God 'what's up with this scenerio'..or possibly the inability to say no when asked to commit to something God has not called you to be involved with for the term prescribed/mandated by others..say..programs you have a deep appreciation for,feel qualified to help serve in and/or would love to be involved in / support..etc....

OR..have you unwittingly come under the power of demons. without a doubt..this is most crucial for you to establish for your own peace of heart and mind first off...also,are you blaming the supernatural influence of fallen angels with your troubles..or are they, whether through subtle..or not so subtle tactics,influencing you time and time again? If so..do you know how to deal with this type of thing??If the answer is no..why not?..the answers are written plainly in the Book..logoswise..hmm?

Ask yourself these solemn questions ..before the throne of our CREATOR..the Almighty God...Who always longs for your attentive presence to 'show up' where He can be reached..your prayer closet..and then when you become more attuned..anywhere and anywhere you may be at any given time..he is available..are you? Simply believe and you will be given the answers you are looking for...even if He gives you more questions to ask yourself..press in with all you have within you and stay focused..He will test your commitment to know the Truth...and to love and obey it with all your heart and mind..even if it is not what you were hoping to find...I, personally, support you in this effort..

Much of our trials come, as you may know,when needed,to teach and then train us in godly discipline...may you embrace His will in regards to this most crucial aspect of our Walk with Him..With Him being being formed righteously in your innermost being..in Christ..abide.

be well.
Shalom.

2008/11/18 17:03Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

destinysweet, wow that's good and may just help others in various ways.
Thanks
Mr. Bill

2008/11/18 18:31Profile
destinysweet

Re:

Very welcome,Mr.Bill...we live to serve.
with joy abounding.
your sister in Christ Jesus..forever.

2008/11/19 0:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy