SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Triunity (my slightly differing view/ understanding)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidt

Re:

Miccah,

Quote:
you are walking down a broad road that only leads to one destination... Destruction.

I think your accusation is unfair and incomplete. Many have posted reasons for disagreement but you are the first to condemn me and you did not even present any reason. I believe you have posted out of ignorance and a bit rashly. Is it because you have no reason or evidence's that you make an empty statement? Or do you have a reason for saying this? If you do I think you should prove it. Jesus always backed up his statements. Elders should be able to stand for doctrine not that you are an elder but it is an admonition.

I have come to my understanding by sincerity and scripture. So far no one has substantially discredited my view. There have been initial responses but I believe I have answered them with reason and proof and no one has yet to correct me. I do not see myself as a hard headed, argumentative, unreasonable person and am open minded. I just have to stand with my conscience and scripture. I encourage anyone with sound doctrine to prove by text that my view is false if it is. To reemphasize no one has given any proof. If so name one?

p.s. this is not written in a bad spirit.

2008/11/18 16:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
I think your accusation is unfair and incomplete. Many have posted reasons for disagreement but you are the first to condemn me and you did not even present any reason.

I didnt view that as condemnation... I viewed that as a warning. There is a huge difference. Condemnation is given out of judgement, a warning is given out of love.

Krispy

2008/11/18 16:14
davidt

Re:

Krispy,

Quote:
I didnt view that as condemnation... I viewed that as a warning. There is a huge difference. Condemnation is given out of judgement, a warning is given out of love.

I guess you are right in a sense. I might have over emphasized the word condemnation. However to state that I am on the path of destruction is very similar to saying I am condemned. I did not say it wasn't out of love. I just said I believed it was wrong and that reasons should be given.

2008/11/18 16:19Profile

Re:

Hi David,
Jesus Christ is truly God and truly Man.
Christ is undivided.
Do you believe that Christ is the Son only according to his humanity?
Ben

2008/11/18 16:43
davidt

Re:

Benjoseph,

Quote:
Jesus Christ is truly God and truly Man.

I agree.

Quote:
Do you believe that Christ is the Son only according to his humanity?

Yes.

2008/11/18 16:52Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Since God is Himself love and not just one that loves or needs to be loved He is satisfied in that. It was not good for man to be alone but this does not apply to God. Man is not love itself and so cannot function solely within Himself. I don't understand all the depths of God but I know it is great to be in His presence so He must have a great time in His own presence as well. Maybe you have studied some God centered theology? In that God loves HImself God is infatuated with Himself supremely and is passionate about His glory. This may seem strange or even sinful to some to be so "selfish and proud". But when you are yourself love then to love yourself is love to glorify yourself is to glorify love.

But this does not explain the eternal fellowship between Father and Son described in John 17.

2008/11/18 17:07Profile
Logic

Re:

Jesus is in the flesh glorified.
The Holy Spirit is a spirit.
The Father is Totaly other than, not a Spirit or in flesh.

2008/11/18 17:26Profile

Re:

David, that divides Christ.

2008/11/18 17:26
davidt

Re:

Robert,

Quote:
But this does not explain the eternal fellowship between Father and Son described in John 17.

This got me thinking for a second. I went back over the chapter. I am thankful for your scriptural knowledge and it has been encouraging to be tested in this so that I can receive wide counsel. Nowhere in the chapter does it say that the Father and the Son had an eternal relationship. I am not saying that Jesus as the Logos did not. There is only one reference in that chapter that would come close. It was in verse 24 where He said, "you have loved me from before the foundation of the earth". This can mean 2 things however. It could mean that he loved Him as Logos from before the foundation of the earth. Or, secondly, think of the language here. Before the foundation of the earth. As I said earlier Jesus was slain from before the foundation of the earth but not actually only certainly. So even if he were saying you have loved me as the Son He could mean that He loved Him in this way looking forward prophetically. As Jeremiah was told that God knew him before he was born. This word being an intimate term like Jesus saying I never "knew" you. This has lead me to think of this verse:

John 14:7-11 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? [b]Whoever has seen me has seen the Father[/b]. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but [b]the Father who dwells in me[/b] does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

2008/11/18 17:38Profile
davidt

Re:

Quote:
Jesus is in the flesh glorified. The Holy Spirit is a spirit. The Father is Totaly other than, not a Spirit or in flesh.

Yes I agree. I am not so sure about that last statement though.

2008/11/18 17:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy