SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone know of any good KJV Audio Bible mp3

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Yes, I knew it was Mormon

Quote:
I know the Mormons are terribly deluded in their beliefs and am very cautious to avoid contamination but they are still made in God's image and I will not flee from them.

They are not merely deluded. Deluded means watered down. They are a false religion. And yes... we are told to "mark and avoid" those who teach contrary to the Word of God.

Romans 16:17 [i]"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and [b]avoid[/b] them.[/i]

It sounds very spiritual when someone says "I'm not afraid of Mormons! I won't run from them!"

I'm not afraid of them either, and in fact have had many good discussions concerning Mormonism with the missionaries that have come to my door, as well as with my next door neighbor who is Mormon.

However, when it comes posting links to their website I have to say that it is irresponsible. So many people visit this forum, most never post on here. We can not post links to false religions on here because if one is not careful it is very easy to get caught in the snare of Mormonism or JW's etc.

I'm not chewing you out, or mad at you. I just felt led to point out that the links you provided for the audio KJV were in fact LDS websites. Nothing wrong with the audio Bible you were recommending, but I am glad to see that you provided and alternate link other than LDS.

I'm not interested in arguing with you about this. It is my opinion. It's not gonna change, and you're probably wont either. I just wanted to explain why I "Marked" it, and ecourage everyone to "avoid" it. Romans 16:17

The Catholic Church is pro-life... so am I. But I'm not going to join in their blasphemous mass.

Krispy

2008/11/17 11:53
openhisword

Conway, NH

Re: Does anyone know of any good KJV Audio Bible mp3

This is Aaron from OpenHisWord Ministries. I've got the complete KJV bible in MP3 format from www.firefighters.org It's a free download, though large. If anyone would like us to mail it to you on 1 DVD, or 2 CDs let us know.
http://www.openhisword.com/Contact_Us.html

2008/11/17 12:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
My personal preference is for the Alexander Scourby audio bible because I find it very clear to hear what he is saying.

Mine too; I find the firefighters version much to fast. Scourby's measured reading of the scriptures is an education in itself. If there are passages of scripture you don't understand I recommend that you just listen to Alexander Scourby reading the passage.

I know nothing of his spiritual experience but he reads the punctuation and as the KJV was designed to be read aloud the punctuation is a vital part of that particular translation.

2008/11/17 14:30Profile
openhisword

Conway, NH

Re:

I know what you mean. I personally listen to scourby, for the same reasons. Can't copy and distribute it for free though.

2008/11/17 15:21Profile
repentcanada

Re:

SCOURBY IS THE BEST HANDS DOWN!

2008/11/17 19:50Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Scourby is easily worth skipping four meals, and using that money for the mp3 version.

No mp3 player? You can get one for $25 on Amazon.com, with no shipping or sales tax. Make it ten meals, and you're golden.

2008/11/17 20:41Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

I agree with Michael, make it a priority to get an good audio bible like the Scourby audio.
My wife and I put it on in the evenings and go sleep listening to it, lovely way to end the day.

I find that listening to an audio bible makes a big difference, it certainly is no substitute for reading the word but I personnally find that I get a better understanding of each book as whole in listening to it being spoken.

2008/11/18 3:27Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. After reviewing this, I think I want to go with the Alexender Scourby version, I really like that one.

One last question, does anyone know where I can get Scourby for free on cd, either by download or ordering?

I am only asking because I don't not personally believe in buying Bibles, so I would like to try to get this for free, if it is not possible, then I will just go ahead and buy it. Thanks for all help

2008/11/22 17:13Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

I very much doubt that you will find the Scourby version for free. Although I agree that it really bibles in all their forms should be free (or at least at cost) I would nevertheless urge anyone to consider buying it, a good audio bible is a great aid in bible study.

2008/11/23 16:14Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

try eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/2521-The-Holy-Bible-New-Testament-Alexander-Scourby_W0QQitemZ370117651532QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Audiobooks?hash=item370117651532&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

There are many available. The link above should take you to a search page. I just searched for Alexander Scourby Bible and got over 12 items (CD, Tapes, DVD's + MP3's).

Hope that helps.

My opinion is to get a version that has no background music. That can be very discordant and I have found it is sometimes leading. I just want to hear the Word of God. It is a good if you can audition what you are buying as it is a very important purchase.

I got in a lot of trouble earlier in this thread for linking to an Free MP3 Audio Bible (KJV, new & old Test) which was offered on a Mormon site. I reposted with a different source for the Bible. You can listen to it and judge for yourself.
http://www.audiotreasure.com/KJV/index.htm

My husband and I listen to 4-5 chapters a day and find the reading very good.

Regards,
white stone

2008/11/23 16:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy