SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : strange teaching

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
farshort

Denison, Tx

strange teaching

Has anyone heard a teaching about "Transfer of wealth to the kingdom of God",such as we should be holding high ranks in government and community?Some of this teaching rang as truth, but others I'm not so sure.

Cited Isaiah 2:2-3 as the temple of the Lord was within us that the peoples would be streaming to, and the law not Gods law according to the Old Testament, but the new law of love.This was a visiting speaker.

Any comments?Warnings?Admonitions?

2008/11/16 19:23Profile

Re: strange teaching

Quote:

2 And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.

First a WARNING: people who want to use religion to justify a lust for power or wealth seem to cause more death than anyone else.

It took me a second to figure it out but I think I understand the problem.
This seams to be a common way of twisting scriptures to say whatever someone wants them to say. All you have to do is admit one part to be spiritual instead of literal (eg. the house of God) and then treat another part as being literal or in this case political.

This might help:
I was talking to a Roman catholic man about the Lord's supper and he pointed out the passover lamb as an old testament pattern. Do you see how sneaky that is for people who are untaught spiritually? He admitted that the lamb was only a symbol for Jesus but he asserted that the eating of this lamb remains literal. That's because they believe the bread that is used in their false worship is actually Jesus' flesh and not just a symbol and reminder.

Here is the correct understanding:

In the case of the passover lamb christians are truly nourished by the Lamb's (Jesus') flesh BY FAITH because he gave his flesh and blood for us so that we might live.

In the case of the wealth and high ranks christians are truly wealthy and high-ranking BY FAITH because they are united to Christ and sons of God himself whose kingdom is not of this world as Jesus said to Pontius Pilate.

It seems like many people can grasp a simple metaphor but to grasp the complete metaphor would require some understanding of true faith.

Lastly, I don't know this teacher's motivations of course but guard your soul against stuff like this. It seems to take the focus off Jesus.

I hope that helps,
Ben

true believers are like sheep among wolves

2008/11/16 20:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy