SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Islam, EU, and European Christians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
kyriosity
Member



Joined: 2008/9/16
Posts: 6
London, UK

 Re: Islam, EU, and European Christians?

Last week I was able to accommodate brother Greg Gordon and Eli Brayley at my house not too far from London. Brother Greg Gordon preached a powerful sermon on the Grace of God.

On Sunday they travelled into London and went to the famous Hyde Park Speakers Corner. This is a well known place where muslims and Christians debate and preach. They shared with me afterwards how aggressive and unfruitful the whole place was. It's dead true. I was there a year or two ago and there is very little reasoning and open discussion. There is one particular ministry which has been working for several years now in London. Jay Smith is his name, he open-air preaches specifically to the muslims. He is very well versed in the muslim scriptures and the Lord is using him to raise up an army of young and old to take the gospels into no go areas.

I live in a part of London which has a large muslim population. We as Christians are the minority, but it has never stopped us from witnessing, preaching and evangelism to them. We have also seen some fruit with many muslim converts.

Similar to the US, many are converting to Islam through the prison systems. However, having said that, I know of two preachers who work in the prison systems and are actively engaged in sharing the Gospel to muslims in the the prisons.

God has not forsaken Europe. In fact, I believe God is doing away with the liberal, lukewarm and compromised church in Europe and using the minority groups.

I got to a church where all the congregation are Indians, Pakistanis, West Indians. I was a hindu and got saved when I was 1999 after listening to David Wilkersons 'Hell'. There are countless young men like me that are getting saved every day. The other day I shared a message with an ex-JW, 3 sikh converts and a hindu convert. The Muslims are harder to reach, but even as I write this, I know of 3 muslims who are opening up to the Gospel.

The Church in the UK needs to stop playing church and fooling around with pleasing all the groups and begin pleasing God. We have so many 'professional' preachers and pastors and this is the root cause of the problem in the UK. The problem is not so much the governments as many would blame or even islam, but the liberal and backslidden preachers, evangelists and pastors in our lands.

I totally agree with brother Paul Washer when he lays the blame squarely at the foot of the preacher. I have been to so many churches in the UK and is there any wonder there is no power, because the Gospel that is preached in many churches (not all) is powerless.

P.S. In regards to street preachers - no street preacher is truly welcome anywhere on the face of this God hating world, let alone Europe. We just have to go.

Pray for us.

In Christ our beautiful Saviour

Vic Gill

www.thatimayknowhim.co.uk


_________________
Vic Gill

 2008/11/17 6:11Profile
Limey153
Member



Joined: 2005/8/3
Posts: 114
Berkshire, England

 Re: Islam, EU, and European Christians?

I am a Christian from the UK, and indeed Islam is spreading rapidly. I live in a very small rural market town and even here we are seeing many Muslims arrive, in fact just down the road from our Church an Islamic School has started.

I must answer the question posted by brother davidt.

Quote:
I know there are people on this forum from Europe. How come you never post about Islam?



Firstly, the reason why I prefer not to dwell on Islam is because I am not a Muslim but a Christian. It is much better to talk and meditate on that which is the truth.

Secondly, alot of Christians get very upset when Muslims, Buddhists or some other religion move into the town. But the fact remains that there are far more Humanists and Atheists in Europe than all the other religions put together. I don't hear many people getting worried and upset when an Atheist moves into town but plenty are upset when a Muslim moves in. However, unless both repent they will ultimately end up in the same place... HELL!!!

Thirdly, I'm convinced that it really is quite irrelevant what religion the heathen are. Whatever name they may put to themselves I believe it is the responsibily of the true church of Jesus Christ to be praying, fasting and seeking the face of God for ALL to become saved. May we not focus and concern ourselves with other religions but rather concern ourselves with seeking revival!
For true revival will not distinguish between peoples, but will sweep through a whole community bringing repentence.


_________________
Darren Broadhurst

 2008/11/17 6:58Profile
davidt
Member



Joined: 2006/5/21
Posts: 326


 Re:

Ziklag,

Quote:
I have to say that its sometimes a breth of fresch air to meet muslims who actually belive in judgement, a god, sin... in a godlees Europe


Yes, I see what you are saying. Just like the Jews Paul commended them in that they had a zeal for God though without knowledge.

Quote:
Youre welcome to Sweden anyday.


I might have to do that someday :).

 2008/11/17 9:08Profile
davidt
Member



Joined: 2006/5/21
Posts: 326


 Re:

Kyriosity,

Quote:
went to the famous Hyde Park Speakers Corner... how aggressive and unfruitful the whole place was...


I have heard o this place. I hope that is not totally true.


Quote:
There is one particular ministry which has been working for several years now in London. Jay Smith is his name, he open-air preaches specifically to the muslims. He is very well versed in the muslim scriptures and the Lord is using him to raise up an army of young and old to take the gospels into no go areas.


That is interesting. Does he have a website?


Quote:
God is doing away with the liberal, lukewarm and compromised church in Europe and using the minority groups.


Great. That is what we need in the US maybe it is coming.


Quote:
I got to a church where all the congregation are Indians, Pakistanis, West Indians. I was a hindu and got saved when I was 1999 after listening to David Wilkersons 'Hell'. There are countless young men like me that are getting saved every day. The other day I shared a message with an ex-JW, 3 sikh converts and a hindu convert. The Muslims are harder to reach, but even as I write this, I know of 3 muslims who are opening up to the Gospel.


Thanks for sharing brother! I hope am happy to read this keep pressing on and bearing fruit.

 2008/11/17 9:16Profile
davidt
Member



Joined: 2006/5/21
Posts: 326


 Re:

Limey,

Quote:
It is much better to talk and meditate on that which is the truth.


This is true. I believe there is a place for exposing and recognizing what is going on though not more emphatically then Christ and losing vision of Him in it all.


Quote:
Secondly, alot of Christians get very upset when Muslims, Buddhists or some other religion move into the town. But the fact remains that there are far more Humanists and Atheists in Europe than all the other religions put together. I don't hear many people getting worried and upset when an Atheist moves into town but plenty are upset when a Muslim moves in.


Yeah. There was the time when Communism was on the rise though like with Richard Wurmbrand. It is true that Atheists have wicked ideologies just like Muslims and should be noted. I think the emphasis comes from the fact that the Quran teaches physical Jihad though not all adhere to it and though Atheism can lead Communistic type things it is just not really spoken of right now because of the recent activity of Jihad.


Quote:
Thirdly, I'm convinced that it really is quite irrelevant what religion the heathen are.


I see what you are saying and hold to similar ideas. I would say though that to some degree it does matter. Different religions have different demons behind them at different levels and some have worse doctrine in certain areas then others. It is up to what the Church does mainly. I also believe that the state of the world affects it like for instance Paul could not preach to some because they were unreasonable. All in all I understand what you are saying brother I just am trying to offer a thorough explanation specifically also in my reason for posting. It is good I believe to know the signs of the times and what is going on and what is happening spiritual to intercede and be prepared and wise.

 2008/11/17 9:26Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy