Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Be Anxious For Nothing - Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Be Anxious For Nothing - Nee

From "The Lord My Portion" by Watchman Nee

"In nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4.6."

Seldom have I seen Christians without anxiety. The vast majority are weighed down with many worries. There was once a mother who had seven sons. She declared, "I am worried to death about every son of mine until they all grow up to be saved." When a brother told her that it was wrong for her to worry—that it actually was a sin to worry—she retorted by saying, "A mother ought to be anxious for her own children. Not to worry is sinful." So this brother showed her the words in Philippians 4.6-7. Yet she regarded the anxiety spoken of there as probably not having reference to her kind of anxiety, for according to her thinking, a wife ought to worry about her husband, parents ought to worry about their children, and businessmen ought to be anxious about their business. Let us clearly see, though, that the Bible states categorically: "In nothing be anxious"—period!

2008/11/15 7:48Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: Be Anxious For Nothing - Nee

The cost of a little worry.

As Watchman Nee pointed out, the Bible says, 'Be anxious for nothing'. Was that a misprint? Those words were written by one who had been beaten, imprisoned, shipwrecked, hungry and who knows what else. If he can write that we should not worry, there is likely something to it.

Where faith believes God can, worry believes God can't. Who, I wonder, is the initiator of that thought. 'Well it is impossible to think we shouldn't worry at all.' 'It is natural to worry a little.' Then off we go.

But what does it cost and why is satan so intent on distracting us from the truth in God's word. If we chose to listen to satan's voice, that suggests it is okay to worry, we miss hearing God's voice that helps us see why there is no need.

When there is a concern, satan suggests we worry about it. God says, 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus'.

We often hear satan's words and take them hook, line and sinker. We have to give God the opportunity to speaks His words that will dispell satan's lies. When God speaks His words and sheds His light, it gives us peace.

That is the cost of a little worry. We miss the wonders of God.

Be Anxious for Nothing

What worry today
has found a way in,
and displaced trust
in the Master’s plan?

It begins with a thought;
‘I don’t see how’,
‘What will I do’
or ‘There’s no way out’.

If satan can get us
to focus on these,
then rather than him,