· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Hippolytus and Irenaeus?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
reformer

Hippolytus and Irenaeus?

I responded to a free offer of a book called The AntiChrist, written by Larry D harper. a ministry called the Voice of Elijah. The book is writing from these two church fathers that supposedly have been discipled by a man, Polycarp, who was said to be discipled by John. Has anyone ever heard of this ministry? And if these men named are credible?

Mike

"Sin will keep you from this book. This book will keep you from sin." Dwight Lyman Moody

"It is not your hold of Christ that saves you, but his hold of you!" Charles Spurgeon

2008/11/14 19:24Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Hippolytus and Irenaeus?

I haven't heard of Mr. Harper, but Irenaeus and Hippolytus I've heard of and read some of their writings. I believe Irenaeus is valid, but I don't know as much about Hippolytus. I don't agree with all the writings of the early church, but when they agree with scripture, their very helpful.

Here's a link about [url=http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/Irenaeus.html]Irenaeus[/url].

“Our culture, society, government, and law are in the conditions they are in, not because of a conspiracy, but because the church has forsaken its duty to be the salt of the culture.” (Francis Schaeffer)

2008/11/14 21:25Profile

Re:

I think Hippolytus' "Treatise on Antichrist" is pretty amazing very indept for it's early time. One can read it primarly from the volumes titled The Ante Nicene Fathers.

2008/11/14 22:55

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy