Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Being "Used" by God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If God decides to humble our ministry, we need to keep in mind, His scales are different than ours.

Great insight. As Ravenhill pointed out, the things made of gold, silver, and other precious metals (1 Cor 3), are all things that are below the ground. Even when extracted from the ground, those precious metals are often kept in a secrative and secure location-- where few have access to them. As Ravenhill also pointed out, wood, hay, and stubble are all above ground things-- things that everybody can easily see. One will go up in smoke. One will not.

I recently stood next to the casket of a young man I had the honor of ministering to for a short time. As I stood there looking on him, his father slipped up behind me, put his hand on my shoulder, and told me a story I never knew about: "Jimmy...," he said, "You made a huge impact on my son. I remember when I wasn't coming to your church, then one day, Adam came home and kept talking to me about this guy named Jimmy that he met at church..." Naturally, I choked down some tears. I share this story not in anyway to give glory to myself. All glory belongs to God alone. I simply share this story to illustrate the great truth MJones has shared. "Bigger" is not always better. Who would ever consider that perhaps they were raised up with the sole purpose of touching just one life?

2008/11/11 8:10Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

2008/11/11 17:45Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Could not figure out how to double quote, so I'll paraphrase. I have thougt about these two thoughts quite a bit today:

That sometimes God may humble our ministry and the precious things that are underground and out of sight.

I had the priviledge in the 70's of hearing Ravenhill speak for 3 days. It still impacts my life over 30 years later. He spoke on the very subject Kingjimmy brings up. It had a profound effect on me, but as I thought, I wondered; why did it not stay with me? On the heals of that was another thought; how do we keep truth from escaping people's lives when they have heard it and believed it?

I could not get away from these thoughts and I have learned over time when that occurs, that the Lord usually has something He is wanting to show me.

Due to the scarcity of 'Ravenhill' like believers, we can become like coals seperated from the fire. A little on the young side, I did not have the maturity to press through and settled for what everyone else settled for: working for God.

I have come full circle. I have matured. I have beat through the underbrush and found God as I always known He could be known. I cannot seek recognition; I desire ministry but I cannot seek it; the only thing I am allowed to seek is Him and out of that has come ministry.

I have wondered at times how different things might have been if there had been someone that had cleared the way to God to come along side of me and help me to find Him as they had. Not bigger ministry, but God.

The Lord has used that thought to prepare me for all the one on one ministry oppportunities He provides. Being full of God, somewhere in the conversation, God comes out. I cannot contain it.

If we are full of the weekends football games, it is what we talk about. If we have found a great deal at the mall, it is what we talk about. It just comes out. It is natural. The same thing happens when we are full of God. 'Oh' that the church would once again be full of God.

2008/11/11 18:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen.

2008/11/12 7:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy