SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for Barak Obama

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Please pray for Barak Obama

There have been several voices here on SermonIndex extolling the need, and requirement, to pray for Barak Obama.

However, this morning the Lord put upon my heart afresh, the vision of just how much good that He could accomplish with such a man - if only that man's heart was turned to Him. O people, our battle is with the powers of darkness, who would have us focus on the potential destruction, who would have us resign ourselves to the concept that there is no hope for America. We must not forget that God is in the miracle business - that He delights in changing that which appears to be unchangeable. But this will require our prayers. A living sacrifice. A putting aside of our differences and trusting that the Lord could, and would, accomplish such a thing. He is a mighty God, capable of all things, that only desires good for His people. But we must pray.

We must pray as if our very lives depend upon it, for that is in fact the truth of the matter - there are many souls hanging in the balance. Please pray. Unleash the angels of light upon the powers of darkness. O Lord, open the door to draw Barack Obama unto Thyself - for the sake of the Kingdom, O Lord, for the sake of Thy Son.

O how He loves His people.

2008/11/8 11:54Profile
Dawn10379

Re: Please pray for Barak Obama

Praise the Lord! =0) This has been my prayer for the past several days also.

2008/11/8 12:08Profile
GodsFire

Re:

Just think family if we sincerely prayed for this man on a 7, 10 or even 21 day stint of prayer at our leisure, but together in the truest sincerity....

God is able Saints, no maybe the Christian agenda might not be played out or given to us as we think, but there is Wonder-working power in prayer towards the Lamb Jesus

2008/11/8 15:50Profile
Compton

Re:

There have been threads with a call to pray for our president in a scriptural manner. From time to time, it is good to resurface these threads and renew this call.

Blessings,

MC

2009/3/18 13:35Profile
Compton

Re:

I came across this thread tonight and was reminded to pray not only for President Obama, but for all those who are given power and responsibility.

We know that many of them are capable of terrible behavior. Maybe that is exactly why it is the Lords policy that we petition and intercede on their behalves...which is, in turn, for our behalves.

"I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and givings of thanks, be made for all men: for kings and all who are in high places; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Blessings,

Mike

2011/9/9 2:45Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Please pray for Barak Obama

(compton, good!! i didn't read your last response until after I wrote mine!!!)

This is a Christian's clarion call:

I exhort therefore, that, FIRST OF ALL, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; FOR KINGS, AND FOR ALL THAT ARE IN AUTHORITY; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of GOD OUR SAVIOUR, WHO WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, AND TO COME UNTO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.
1 Timothy 2.1-4

If the righteous scarcely be saved, where does that leave the unrighteous?

If the righteous scarcely pray for the man, where does that leave the man?

Just asking....

2011/9/9 6:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy