SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : In Obama We Trust ??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
firstfruit

In Obama We Trust ??

Dear sisters and brothers in Christ Jesus our LORD;

Our true citizenship and home is in heaven; this I know and believe.

But I am deeply troubled by this recent U.S. presidential election. The entire process has had a different attitude or spirit that I don't ever recall in previous elections.

While waiting at the polling site for my turn to vote I saw several young people also in line to vote.
They wore t-shirts with a disturbing slogan -

IN OBAMA WE TRUST

May God help us; I fear this nation is heading toward its most dangerous era.

Jude:

"And now, all glory to GOD, who is able to keep you from stumbling and who will bring you into His glorius presence innocent of sin and with great joy. All glory to Him, who alone is GOD our Savior, through Jesus Christ our LORD. Yes, glory, majesty, power, and authority belong to Him, in the beginnig, now, and forevermore. Amen.

2008/11/7 23:22Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: In Obama We Trust ??

Speaking of which, the church may have just unknowingly signed up for 'Trust 101'.

2008/11/7 23:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
The entire process has had a different attitude or spirit that I don't ever recall in previous elections.

I, too, have noticed this. In years past the election was similar to sports teams battling each other to win, but not so this time! There was something very different.

I am not in 'conspiracy theories' looking for hidden meanings in things I do not understand but there is something I have noticed in the political realm. I am 61 years old and the earliest election I remember was in the 50's between Adlai Stevenson and Dwight Eisenhower.

When I reached my teens, I took an intense interest in political affairs which was quite unusual for a young female. And I maintained that intense interest until Watergate, which dampened it considerably. But as time went on, it experienced a moderate resurrection!

Now, what I saw happening was when there was a change in presidents, he will embrace, pursue policies the previous administration thought was too liberal, unworkable or whatever. It did not matter who was became president it always happened. Something started to look strange to me: who is ruling this country? Is the president a mere figurehead for some underground 'government'? and they allow him to do things to fool people into believing the current president is in charge?

This has been my observation and as time marches on nothing has happened to convince me otherwise. Whether there is an expert out there who will agree with me, I do not know, but it has happened too often....

Now have a blessed day!

ginnyrose

2008/11/16 22:24Profile

Re:

I always wondered how the world could possibly follow one leader (anti-Christ)... and worship him... and then I saw the reactions around the world to Obama's election victory. That was a glimpse of what is to come.

Before someone flames me, I am [b]not[/b] saying that Obama is the anti-Christ. Just saying that the reaction to him around the world has a cultish feeling to it. Very strange... especially considering we don't know anything about the guy, and he has done nothing politically. He has no resume.

If he had done some great thing, or accomplished something astounding I could understand it...

Krispy

2008/11/17 8:24

I remember in 2000 my mother in law was talking about all the modern day prophets 'being led' to go down to Florida and pray for Pres Bush to get elected. Dutch Sheets, Chuck Pierce (not certain) and some others were at the inauguration 'binding over spirits' and blessing the office. I get the feeling that many in the church were looking at the office of President and more specifically the office holder in similar light then as those in the secular world see Obama.

With crisis after crisis and the corruption of many political offices (on both sides), the secular world is desperate for a 'savior'. They know not what they do. But the church, I think, put too much on the shoulders of George Bush and should have known better. Like one lady stated before this election on this forum "we stopped praying for the Presidential Office because we thought we had the 'right guy' in". I'll let her speak for herself there but I know that many thought George Bush was the answer to our ills and put more faith in him than they should have.

Ravenhill said over 30 years ago "we want to get Washington right but we can't even get our own house straight. We want to trade the Prayer Office for the Oval Office." I believe Brother Ravenhill was speaking prophetically here.

Obama's charisma and cool is eerily manifested in this movement of support and almost 'messianic' status.

This is all on the heels of a Todd Bentley movement that spurred the church into a false hyper frenzy. Within the past six months we have seen movements in the church blindly following a false prophet and a secular world practically throwing themselves at a hyper-charismatic political leader. We need discernment, sobriety, and unceasing prayer in these times.

People are hungry for many things that only God can give them. But many in the church, and the secular world, are feeding at the wrong trough.

2008/11/17 9:06
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

Quote:
I always wondered how the world could possibly follow one leader (anti-Christ)... and worship him... and then I saw the reactions around the world to Obama's election victory. That was a glimpse of what is to come.

I agree Krispy. Even here in the UK there is alot of hype regarding Obama. When George. W. Bush came to power there alot of people debating wether he would be a good leader or not. However, with Obama it seems that everybody has already made up their minds and decided straight off that he is good.

Here on SI there are a series of sermons by David Pawson regarding the book of Revelation. He points out in these sermons that before the events mentioned in Revelation occur, God brings us a warning, a kind of forshadowing of that event in order to warn us the impending disaster. For example he compares 9/11 with Revelation 18 (the great city brought to ruin in an hour), that 9/11 was a warning or forshadowing of this event.

Maybe (and I greatly stress the point MAYBE!!), Obama will be a warning of the tryanny to come?

2008/11/17 9:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
When George. W. Bush came to power ...

Thats an interesting way of putting it. Here in the US we dont use that terminology in regards to our elected officials. The "power" is in the hands of "We the people..." (supposedly). A government for the people, of the people and by the people.

I understand what you meant, I'm just explaining as an American it struck me odd to hear it put that way. It's just our mindset, I suppose.

And if Obama makes a mess of things in the next 4 years hopefully "We the people..." will kick him to the curb too.

Thats just how we do things around here. :-)

Krispy

2008/11/17 11:14
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

Quote:
And if Obama makes a mess of things in the next 4 years hopefully "We the people..." will kick him to the curb too.

There is a well known book called 'The Anti-Christ and a cup of tea' which makes a very compelling argument for Prince Charles being the Anti-Christ. Incidently I have not read the book myself but instead seen a video presentation made by the author. Though I would not make any definate statement on who is the Anti Christ it is certainly very interesting.

One big concern when a country has a monarchy is that there is no "kicking them to the curb", as you put it. Once they are in, they are in for most probably a very long time.

2008/11/17 12:08Profile

Re:

Yes, thats why our founding fathers had the forsight to institute 2 and 4 year terms. To avoid a forever ruling monarchy.

Prince Charles? The anti-Christ? Wow, never would have entered my mind. Probably just my American ignorance, but I don't see where Prince Charles wields much power over anything. Isn't the royal family more like a "figure-head"?

There was a popular movie here in the states back in the very early 1990's called "King Ralph", and is about a lovable loser American guy who suddenly is thrust into the position of "King of England" due to the entire royal family being whiped out in a freak accident. Somehow this guy happened to be a distance cousin to the royal family. After he's been crowned I remember he asks one of his aides if he has the power to fix the nation's problems... and the aide says "No, you don't have the power to fix the nations problems, and unfortunately there isnt anything that prevents you from causing them!"

Thought that was funny.

Krispy

2008/11/17 12:27
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

The royal family certainly does not have the grip that they once had and it is a widely held view even in the UK that they are more of a 'celebrity family' these days. But contrary to popular belief the royal family have more involvement than people realise.

If anyone is interested I have attached the link below for the video of 'The anti-christ and a cup of tea'. But I would point out to folk right away that as compelling as Tim Cohens arguments are (the author), the Bible should always be our first point of reference.

P.S. Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8938353306894341039&q]Anti-Christ and a cup of tea - video link[/url]

2008/11/17 12:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy