SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Barack Hussein Obama Wins - God's Chasetisement to Begin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Thanks to the moderators for keeping us focused and balanced.

Concerning getting info to confirm claims. The internet is one of the best to to begin confirming if any claims made hold any water.

One technique I use is just go to youtube and type in somehting like , president for the world.
I just did this an got this cbs report where halway through the video a man on the street in london says he is president for the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G758SsWYe34

Now don't just use youtube alone. I also use yahoo search and google as well as worldnetdaily etc.

Overall test all things hold fast to that which is true.

The revival conferences and messages of faith hope and love should continue to be our primary focus!!! God bless, John

2008/11/6 6:19

Re:

Quote:
This Doctrine could also be used to shut down EWTN or else force EWTN to have anti-Catholic "equal time" on the station.

...hmmm. Not sure how to react to this one, lol. I prefer not to call it "anti-Catholic", but rather preaching the truth about the Word of God. How is that anti-Catholic?

I've heard people freaking out about the fairness doctrine, and it certainly is something to be very concerned about. I've heard many Christians claiming the government will use it to shut down Christian Broadcasting... TV & radio.

I say most Christian TV should be shut down... but not by the government. It should be shut down by the church standing to truth and against false teachers.

But you know who repealed the "Fairness" Doctrine? Ronald Reagan. Most of what we know as Christian TV was in full swing before that. The "Fairness" Doctrine didnt effect Christian TV at all.

Since evangelical Christians are a powerful voting block, now more than ever, I suppose it could happen... but there is waaaay too much freaking out going on, especially by Christians.

Who's in control? Everyone needs to chill.

Krispy

2008/11/6 8:26
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
I say most Christian TV should be shut down... but not by the government. It should be shut down by the church standing to truth and against false teachers.

Agreed - you hit the nail on the head with that one Krispy!

Quote:
Who's in control? Everyone needs to chill.

Again we need to look to Scripture and stand on the word of God instead of letting our fears, emotion and flesh get the best of us

Quote:
Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well. The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong. So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience. Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid so they can keep on doing the work God intended them to do.
(Rom 13:1-6)

Patrick
www.revivalarmy.com

2008/11/6 11:35Profile
GodsFire

Re:

Re:
by passerby on 2008/11/5 22:58:21

I agree with the moderator, we should not let our hearts wander too much. Whatever concerns we have regarding the recent events, let's submit them to God, we can always hide in His sanctuary.

All posts I appreciate, some with caution, but this moment is a moment that we should spend in our prayer closets or in self-examination.

If we will not be careful, we might as well allow a different spirit that will only spoil us.

PAsserby,

Your post is exactly what I have atempted to convey......

2008/11/6 12:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: our obligation

Hi everyone.

I appreciate what John suggested and I have been using the internet to research some things I've read during the election.

But, I think we have a tremendous responsibilty here as those who claim to represent and stand for Truth.

I think this is especially true for us here, in how we respond to others, and how we treat them in the things we say and write about them. It may be one way, that others will take seriously the things we say and claim, in seeing how we treat those who we disagree with or who are opposed to our cause. And, that like as King David, we will not use the sword of expediency to fight with those who would do us harm, if that sword is not a just one.

We have an obligation to speak with caution where we do not speak for God and to protect the reputations of others, and to be altogether carefull and honest in the claims we make about them.

Grace and peace be with you all.

2008/11/6 18:40Profile
repentcanada

Re:

America was in deep trouble even before Obama.

You would have been worse off if McCain had won as well.

2008/11/6 18:49Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

". . . . .You would have been worse off if McCain had won as well."

This is your opinion and I do not see how it advances the spirit discussed throughout this thread by the moderators.

I understand how easily it is to have strong opinions about this and am trying to kill mine. You are not helping me, and possibly others who live in this Country. I will try and consider that you are heading for the same Heavenly Home that I am. I ask why you would say something that would make me feel unwelcome when we meet there?

Please do not let your distaste for our Country color your opinion of the Saints who have been placed here by our Lord. We are all doing the best we can to serve Jesus. Are your opinions formed through CNN and other News Media? Maybe you do not know their reports are slanted and do not normally show the truth.

This is my first post here. I have been visiting this site and reading this forum for a while. It helps me to read the posts by the good people here. They are going to be a big help through the next 4 years, I am certain. Not just to me but their influence will be to all around them. That is the kind of revival that is needed. Christians being Christians - not Americans or Canadians, not Chinese or Mexican - just Christians being full of the love of God.

I've said enough,
Kind Regards,
White Stone

2008/11/7 0:25Profile
whyme

Re:

God judges nations. The Bible is full of testimonies to that. We have elected a President who has openly stated that the first legislation he is going to sign is the Freedom of Choice Act which is in Congress. If you're interested,there is plenty on the internet about it. This Act will create at a Federal level not only the killing of fetuses but also babies born alive in a late term abortion procedures. It will also make liable under the law Christian physicians who refuse to perform an abortion for a woman who desire one. That Act alone is cause for great alarm and concern for the judgement of God on a people. God is not mocked and there is a level of "national" sin that he will judge. I'm not one to sit in God's judgement seat, but this is worthy of at least alarm and prayer in God's people and for fear about what may come of this nation. My trust is not in a nation but in the righteous and holy anger of a just God. Ichabod is an apt description for what can happen and never in our country's history have the seeds for such a calamity been riper for a church that fails to move in response to open and notorious sin. I would rather God's church take on the attitude of Phineas than of the priests who cried "peace, peace".

2008/11/7 8:49Profile
GodsFire

Re:

Repentcanada,

your reply was honest not appeasing, I appreciate it bro.

Whyme,

This country has declined way before Barack Obama was even thought of, everyone really needs to honor that so we can stay focused with the fact that we are onward christian soldiers n the Lord wants us to gear up and get ready for the battle no matter who n what is taking over.

As I have said before, let us just wait and see first before we become controversial with our opinions.

Jesus is our God, He is our allegiance!, not the flag! We are the born again, the converted. Let us all visit the Book of Acts once again, and get recharged, let us make prayer our food, and fasting, true fasting if we are so agitated, our longing or are we just irritated for a moment.

We all should have been vexed 8, 16, 20, 30, 50, 100 years ago.

Praises to the God n Our Father of the Lord Jesus Christ

2008/11/7 10:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: opinons

Hi everyone,

To the poster called Godsfire,

"your reply was honest not appeasing, I appreciate it bro."

Someone before this expressed how the comments you are refering to(I think) were not helping them to get over their own opinons about this whole issue. They said:

"I understand how easily it is to have strong opinions about this and am trying to kill mine. You are not helping me, and possibly others who live in this Country."

Are you helping him and others by sharing your opinion here at the top?

2008/11/7 12:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy