SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : ...sad truth about Paul Washer.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

...sad truth about Paul Washer.

I am sure by the SUBJECT many will open this thread, at least once. My only point is that Paul Washer has been a wonderful blessing, do not get me wrong, but the sad truth is that he is rare in the world and my prayer is that God raises up many more prophets and preachers greater (in the holiest sense of the word) than him.

2008/11/2 1:25
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: ...sad truth about Paul Washer.

Let us not make an idol out of him though, I'm sure he wouldn't like that either.

Let us continue to pray for an awakening of more men filled with the Holy Spirit and empowered to preach as prophets to this perishing generation.

2008/11/2 1:15Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Amen, and amen.

2008/11/2 1:51Profile
Koheleth

NC

I thought this whole post was going to be another sad truth. I am glad in Christ to see that no slander and speculation is being spread here. Thank God, let's keep it that way!

2008/11/2 6:21Profile
KathleenP

Maine

A brother in the Lord (openhisword.com's Dad) met him of all places in the bathroom at the Revival Conference. He was as true to the gospel he preaches in great humility and meekness.

This is where the saint is put to the test; in a position of servant, and coheir of Christ, not just in the pulpit. We were greatly encouraged by this.

No, Brother Washer is not to be worshipped but to be treated with honor for his labor in the Lord. There is such a great difference in this. I'm sure he even receives with gladness the moments where he is treated with dignity for I'm sure those times are few.

Art Katz stated in his word concerning humility that it is not something that can be faked. It can only be obtained from the throne of God for it is the Spirit of God in His Son Jesus. It is with great price that we grow in it and that is why many do not reflect it. It is the ultimate sign that one has died to self.

I don't even know if this dear Brother realized that he was speaking under a prophetic annointing during the question and answer session in reguards to the persecution of the American saints. That was powerful and is why we were so affected by it.

Yes, may God raise up others like him. I don't worship him but I'm content hear from one who has himself conferred with God. What a blessing.

Kathleen

2008/11/2 7:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Since watching Bro. Washer speak, my appreciation for his ministry soared. I am very grateful for men who will preach the truth unflinchingly with no regard to men's approval. I am deeply gratified. It is very encouraging to this grandmother -the reason is we have seen too much of the other, men who caved into pressure to conform to modernity.

Having said all this, there is one other thing that is bothering me to no end: I feel so certain the devil is going to attack Paul or his family or both, working hard to trip them up and thus bring shame to the gospel he preaches. Let's just pray for them (all I know of them is what he says from the pulpit). Actually, I have heard testimonies from preachers who say this happens quite often and that the laity has no clue what pressure the Enemy brings upon the preacher and his family.

ginnyrose

2008/11/2 18:25Profile
itg3712

Re:

The Apostle Paul often solicited prayer in his epistles.

Paul Washer and pastors and preachers need much prayer - prayer that they would speak plainly and boldly and be delivered from wicked men (for all men do not have faith) and from unseen spiritual forces of wickedness.

Local pastors need prayer for boldness also. Those who do speak plainly and boldly can expect to pay a price in backlash from those they make uncomfortable. Many men love darkness rather than the light of truth to which they are obligated to obey and respond.

Joshua was commissioned to be strong and courageous (Joshua 1:6) and leaders continue to need these attributes.

When leaders disappoint us with a failure to be plain and bold (and all leaders will disappoint us at times), we can all ask ourselves how we can pray more to uphold them. Moses, the intecessor, had those who supported him during his prayers beside the battlefield. Plain and bold leaders are necessarily rare and the Letter of James instructs that there should not be many masters.

While leaders in authority should be few, many should pray and lay up sweet perfumes before the throne of God. More prayer is needed for more laborers to get out deeper and wider into the fields. More prayer is needed for leaders to labor well with strength and courage and boldness and truth and wisdom and great grace.

[url=http://www.rockvalleybiblechurch.org/ResourceLibrary/A%20Plea%20to%20Pray%20for%20Pastors.htm]A Plea to Pray for Pastors by Gardiner Spring[/url]

2008/11/4 8:54Profile
meetwes

India

Re:

Paul Washer is really a man of God. No doubts on that. However the more I understand grace the more I seem to be getting away from his method of preaching especially to unbelievers. Not that I disagree with his doctrine, but I just feel the same truth can be conveyed a bit gently. Or may be I haven't heard this man of God preach in a gentle tone, the salvation message.

I used to think that those who preach Gospel without reference to God's wrath are bad or have never understood the gospel truly. But my understanding changed when I had a chance to interact with one well-known worship-leader and song-writer. To quote

"Those who say that in order to get people saved, you must first frighten them, have forgotten that the Word of God says, ".....It is the Love of God, that leads men to change....or repentance. REPENTANCE, simply means a change of mind. I have lived and walked long enough to know that threats don't change people, love does, and that is the Gospel. The GOOD NEWS, THE NEW COVENENT, this is what changes the hearts of men"

If Jesus had been hard on every sinners he came across, may be he wouldn't have captured peoples hearts. He went to Pharisee's house knowing well that he was sinner. He interacted with Samaritan woman without condemning her. Not that he wasn't concerned about their souls but I believe he tried to win them through love.

Paul Washer's type of preaching would convict a not-so-serious Christian, but it may not be a model to follow when preaching to unbelievers.

2008/12/25 9:06Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

meetwes wrote:
Paul Washer is really a man of God. No doubts on that. However the more I understand grace the more I seem to be getting away from his method of preaching especially to unbelievers. Not that I disagree with his doctrine, but I just feel the same truth can be conveyed a bit gently. Or may be I haven't heard this man of God preach in a gentle tone, the salvation message.

I used to think that those who preach Gospel without reference to God's wrath are bad or have never understood the gospel truly. But my understanding changed when I had a chance to interact with one well-known worship-leader and song-writer. To quote

"Those who say that in order to get people saved, you must first frighten them, have forgotten that the Word of God says, ".....It is the Love of God, that leads men to change....or repentance. REPENTANCE, simply means a change of mind. I have lived and walked long enough to know that threats don't change people, love does, and that is the Gospel. The GOOD NEWS, THE NEW COVENENT, this is what changes the hearts of men"

If Jesus had been hard on every sinners he came across, may be he wouldn't have captured peoples hearts. He went to Pharisee's house knowing well that he was sinner. He interacted with Samaritan woman without condemning her. Not that he wasn't concerned about their souls but I believe he tried to win them through love.

Paul Washer's type of preaching would convict a not-so-serious Christian, but it may not be a model to follow when preaching to unbelievers.

Some good points...

I would like to add that I have heard and seen Paul Washer present the Gospel in an evangelism presentation (witnessing to unbelievers) type setting; his heart and delivery is as tender and loving as I have ever witnessed.

Not having the context for most of Paul Washers speaking engagements often leads people to be slightly caught of guard by his intense delivery. We are usually not privy to the particular set of circumstances surrounding each individual sermon we listen to. It should also be mentioned that Paul Washer is not a pastor. He has been burdened with a special message and God has provided him with an itinerant ministry to fulfill this role.

Grace and peace

2008/12/25 9:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Paul Washer's type of preaching would convict a not-so-serious Christian, but it may not be a model to follow when preaching to unbelievers

One thing a person should be careful with and that is to fault the delivery style of a godly person who works to minister to the needs before him/her. I have worked at CPC for 15 years. When I went into the counselling room, I never knew what I situation I would find. But I did know the Holy Spirit knew and I depended totally on him. Many times I sat there and the client was speaking and I had no clue how I should respond. But the Holy Spirit gave me the words and the appropriate emotion to deliver that message. AND there were times when I took the client to the 'woodshed'. Not often, but when the HS told me to, I needed to listen.

My point? The manner of delivery is dictated by the Holy Spirit in a Spirit filled person. We do well to not be critical of the delivery. While this strong delivery may not be for you, it was just the right medicine for others. And, in my opinion, one is not being Spirit led when you copy another's delivery style. Then you are acting and LORD save us from actors in the pulpit!!!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/12/25 10:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy