SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New to the forum

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

New to the forum

My early Christian experience included 3 years involvement with Teen Challenge. A year of that was spent on David Wilkerson's ranch in Texas in a leadership training program. While there I had the privilege of hearing Leonard Ravenhill speak. Cool experience by which I am still influenced after 30 years.

I could identify with the life they lived and the things they believed and taught us. I felt I had an extraordinary calling on my life, but in my early 20's I did not know what to do with it.

I entered the business world and became involved in my local church. I am a slow learner. It doesn't work well trying to put an extraordinary twist on an ordinary life. It is all or nothing with God. His calling is without repentance.

I have come full circle. As He allowed Israel to wander for 40 years, I feel He has allowed me to wander for 30. I am convinced we must come to the end of ourselves to find God as He is able to be found.

Having found Him as I have, I have found all previous pursuits to be meaningless. Hudson Taylor is quoted in the book 'Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret' to have said, 'God does not give us overcoming life, He gives life to those who overcome'.

God has a way of bringing hardship sufficient to accomplish His will in our lives. It is not fun when He does, but when He decides to, His sights are set and He will not dumb it down. I am now glad He didn't.

I look forward to exploring this sight and participating in this forum.

Mike

2008/11/1 20:39Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: New to the forum

Welcome brother

2008/11/1 20:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi there, brother!

Thank you for sharing your story. May the Lord bless you by the many wonderful resources available here!

:-)

2008/11/1 20:59Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: New to the forum

Welcome Mike. Thanks for sharing that brief testimony of God's relentless pursuit of that which was lost.

In Christ,

Ron

2008/11/1 21:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Great to have you registered on the website. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2008/11/1 21:42Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Thanks,
I have Judgement Seat. I will check the others out.
Mike

2008/11/1 23:20Profile
joeneedgod

Re:

Hi bro,
I had just sign up. Can u teach me how to go about to use this sermonindex.net to share, ask, discuss and reply?
:-o
And also, by the way, what is "ip" on the top right hand side?
Thanks & may God Blessed u!

2008/11/24 4:30Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

joeneedgod wrote:
Hi bro,
I had just sign up. Can u teach me how to go about to use this sermonindex.net to share, ask, discuss and reply?
:-o
And also, by the way, what is "ip" on the top right hand side?
Thanks & may God Blessed u!

Well I guess I feel bad. I missed this as it ran through the 'headlines' as I refer to them and got buried before I realized it. I feel especially bad that this was your first and apparently your only post. My appology.

As for your questions; the reply part you evidently figured out because you replied to this thread.

To share or ask, you go to the catagory that is the best fit for the thought or question you have, for example, being new to the site you could go the the 'Welcome and Introduction' catagory to introduce yourself. When you go to that or any other catagory, one of the options, top right hand corner, is 'post a new thread'. You simply type in your thought, as you did in the reply, then 'Preview' it if you like and finally 'Submit' it. That begins a 'thread' that others will look at and sometimes 'reply' to.

As far as the 'ip', I haven't even figured that out yet. Maybe someone else can help us both.

I hope you're still around and catch this post. It is a very cool forum. Despite the fact that your first experience may not support this statement, you will meet some very good people here.

As a side note, which is how I found this, where the 'headlines' are what has been posted recently, if you go to the individual catagories, you can find things like this that was posted a while back. I found a poem that was posted a couple of weeks ago that I overlooked and was then able to reply to it as I have this.

Just get in and do what you know to do. The rest will come in a short time.

MJ

2008/12/14 9:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy