SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Return To Me Album added - Ron and Patricia Owens

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Return to Me

Thank you so very much Greg for acquiring these songs from the Owens'. As I had posted earlier, they have been such a blessing to me through the past decade, and now to have the opportunity to have not only the music, but the personal "interpretation" of that music in the personal recordings by this precious team... is such a great blessing.

To God be the glory. I believe this will be a great blessing to so many people, and certainly will be a blessing to all those who were there in the conference.

Clint

2008/10/31 18:11Profile
coffee

Re:

Take Your Glory

Verse #1
It's easy to compare ourselves to others, we always come out looking pretty good, but when we place ourselves against God's plum line, that's when we realize how far we've moved. Our Father says "Be Holy as I'm Holy" so that through us His Glory might be seen, and we're to be a servant unto others, though it may mean that we will not be seen.

Chorus
We're like a wall, a wall that's leaning, our hearts have turned, and we have gone astray, we're like a wall, a wall that's leaning, Lord may your plum line draw us back to you today.

Verse#2
Lord we have taken back which you called Holy, and we have made the Holy common fare, we are disoriented to your ways Lord, it seems so often we don't really care. For as a church, we do not miss your presence, as a people we don't seek your face, we're so concerned with the pursuit of pleasure we make a mockery of your sovereign grace.

Verse#3
We sing our songs, we worship every Sunday, and I surrender all we're quick to say, without our even thinking of repenting, can it be true we've turned so far away. We're so consumed with how we can succeed Lord, that more time spent on planning then on prayer, it's been so long since we have known your power, that we don't miss you when you are not there.

2008/10/31 18:17Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Coffee:

The second verse of the song you quoted from is: "But, Lord, the hurt, the pain, the scars, The mem'ries of the past, They rob me of Your healing pow'r, they hold me, in their grasp'''"(edited to add verses)
last part of three: "to love you as I ought to love, or let You, love through me"

Clint

2008/10/31 18:19Profile
coffee

Re:

Dear broclint,

Thank you so much !!!

Corrections made. :-)

2008/10/31 18:38Profile
JRuth

Moscow, PA

Re: Return To Me Album added - Ron and Patricia Owens

Wow! Great music!!! Thanks for making it available!! ~Jerusala

2008/11/2 0:13Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Return To Me Album added - Ron and Patricia Owens

Greg

Maybe I missed something, but when I click on Touch Not the Glory, something else is playing.

2008/11/15 22:34Profile
Elsbeth1540

Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. -

Ron and Patricia Owen's "Touch Not the Glory" isn't here.

I noticed another post about this problem, too. You see, when we click on the link that's supposed to lead to "Touch Not the Glory," we get an entirely different song.

Could this be fixed without too much trouble for the Owens?

Thanks so much. I love the song, and it's a blessing to my spiritual life.

In Jesus' love,

Elsbeth

2010/5/5 6:27Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Ron and Patricia Owen's "Touch Not the Glory" isn't here.

Does anyone know where I might acquire the chords or music for these songs they are awesome. I like When the Glory's Gone.

2010/5/5 7:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy