SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Just one Drop(Just as I am)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Just one Drop(Just as I am)

For many months after being born-again, I was a regular at the alter. Week after week I would go down to the alter and cry before my God. Every tear seemed to bring me closer to my Lord, seemed to heal me, seemed to cleanse me. Years of repression and a heart of stone was being replaced by humility and openness and my new heart was being filled with love. The very name of Jesus brought tears. It was actually embarrassing. The mere mention of His name, here comes the tears. He was so closely aligned to my heart, that to mention the name of Jesus was to go straight to the center of my heart. I could not even effectively witness or speak to other Christians because I would just be broken as we spoke of Him and what He had done. I am sure that they thought that I was emotionally unstable.

This actually started about two weeks after coming to Jesus. My first two weeks were horrific. I know this sounds strange. We so often hear of a great burden being lifted, a lightness, a joy , a peace. This was not my story. The minute I walked out of the church that Sunday morning, the battle began. My mind seemed to be assaulted from every conceivable angle. Foul thoughts, disgusting thoughts. It was a total barrage. I began to wilt under the onslaught. And so, on the second Sunday after coming to Christ, near the end of the service I was about to walk out, because I thought I was going to lose my mind. I stood up and began to leave. And right there, I heard the small still voice for the first time. In the midst of all the chaos of my mind, I heard my Lord say "Frank." It stopped me in my tracks. That was it, just"Frank."

Now one would have to know that I grew up in a hostile violent house with an alcoholic father and know that not once did my Father call me by my name. I had longed, for so many years, to hear my name on my Fathers lips. I only ever heard "stupid," or "idiot," or worse. And now, the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings, The Heavenly Father Himself said my name.........Frank. I was overcome. The onslaught had ceased.

As I sat there with my eyes closed I could suddenly see the cross. I was at Calvary. It was so real. Jesus was on the cross and now suddenly I was in agony. I knew in every part of my being, that I had put Him there. My sins had nailed Him to the cross. The pain of this was unbearable, the pain of knowing that He was up there for me, in my place was so intense. I cried out to the Lord. Suddenly I was watching myself and I was at the foot of the cross. I knelt at the foot of the cross, in the shadow of my Lord with my arms stretched out. As I watched my Lord on the cross I suddenly became aware of His blood.

It was flowing down from His many wounds and I could see it come to His toes. As the first drop of Blood fell, it seemed like slow motion and I watched that single drop of blood in mid air, fall.It fell directly on top of my head and all the world changed. It became as light and I could see it reverberate out and away from Calvary in what seemed like giant concentric circles of light. It spread out across the land and then engulfed the whole world.

Inside my heart, like a mighty river, grace and love and mercy flowed, changing everything, healing everything. I opened my eyes and knew that Jesus was my Lord and Saviour, the battle was over and I have never again had a battle like that. It was after this Sunday that every Sunday after that, for about six months, I knelt at the alter and the Lord "worked," on me. Every sermon was for me. Every tear was for Him. A lifetime of sin and pain and hurts and the Lord was dealing with it all. Oh the Love of God. As I write this I am thinking of that Old Hymn "Just as I am." Indeed................."Oh Lamb of God I come, I come."

Perhaps if you are reading this you too are in turmoil. Can I tell you that my Jesus calms the storms of life. He brings peace where there is no peace. He brings hope to the hopeless. To those who know only pain, He brings joy which is like liquid light that irrigates the dark desert soul. Perhaps you think that you have sinned too much and are beyond help? No , no, that's the victory of Calvary.

Rom 5:8 "But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."

He bidst you to come, just as you are and when you do here is His promise to you.

Mat 11:28 Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

2008/10/29 23:59
JoanM

Re: Just one Drop(Just as I am)

Oh Behold the Lamb

2008/10/30 0:46Profile
dab

Kentucky

Re:

Thank you for the reminder. Would to God that each day we would find ourselves at that same spot. The Blood will NEVER lost its power!

2008/10/30 9:00Profile

Re:

Amen brother.....its all about Calvary and our risen Lord.....brother Frank

2008/10/30 16:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy