SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God Predestine Some Men to Hell? (Double Predestination)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

Does God Predestine Some Men to Hell? (Double Predestination)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sawg2PX2aI

2008/10/28 0:23Profile

Re: Does God Predestine Some Men to Hell? (Double Predestination)

No... scripture says plainly that God wishes that none should perish. If so, why then would he create some (most) men to go to hell?

See, thats the great fallicy of [b]hyper[/b]-Calvinism. You can not say that you believe God predestines people to be saved, and then turn around and deny "double predestination". If one... then the other.

Krispy

2008/10/28 8:25
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

The Lord has taught that no one is able to come to Him unless is drawn by Him. Furthermore, the Lord declared that all of those given to Him by the Father would come to Him. Therefore, some were not given to Him by the Father.

However, at the same time, it is the fault of the lost man if he perishes, for he has pursued sin.

Let's beware of finding fault with God for doing as He pleases with His creation. I think we would all say it is just for God to send us [b]all[/b] to hell, so, if we are consistent with our own claims, we should all say it is merciful for God to choose [b]some[/b] to save.

But let no one presume upon the Lord's sovereignty, the Lord commands all men everywhere to repent and believe.

2008/10/28 8:57Profile
repentcanada

Re:

brother Krispy based on your comments I don't think you watched the video. It is 31 minutes and very good explanation. I pray that brothers and sisters watch it and it generates honest, loving discussion.

2008/10/28 9:20Profile

Re:

No offense... but I dont have to watch it. I've read 13 books [b]this year[/b] on the topic of Calvinism, pro & con. I could watch a 5 hour video about it and more than likely it wouldnt present anything I've havent heard before.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant by saying that. I have just heard it all before. Don't have 31 minutes to watch it.

Now, before you get the wrong impression of me... I used to be completely against Calvinism, mainly because I didnt understand it. In the last few months tho I have come to realize that I am now a Calvinistic Arminian.

In otherwords... the River of Truth generally runs between two banks of extremes.

Krispy

2008/10/28 9:40
rbanks

Re:

brother krispy you are a blessing.

Every now and then a light beams through.

I like that comment you made about being a Calvinistic Armenian.

2008/10/28 9:49Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re:

Ricky,

Thanks for posting this bro.

The Bible is clear, in context. 2 Peter 3 is not a passage about soteriology and to make verse 9 a statement about it is to ignore its context completely.

Blessings,

Jon

2008/10/28 10:10Profile
repentcanada

Re:

I believe the doctrines of grace are true, thogh I do not understand all of the Lord's ways concerning who and how he saves men.

2008/10/28 11:33Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re: Does God Predestine Some Men to Hell? (Double Predestination)

I think this question can answered, and even understood; by asking the opposite question:

"Does God predestinate *some men to Eteral life?"

If the answer by yea to this question, then I
think then the answer would by yea to the question you asked.

If one can only come to Christ is the Father has drawn him, and given him to Christ-then what is to be said of those of whom the Father never drew-or what of such men as Judas, who is called the son of perdition. If God predestinated his only begotton Son to come into the world to save those sinners that were given to him by the Father, then what of those were not given to the Son predestinated to save those that were given to him?

However, I am at work, and they block youtube so I can't see the video until I get home.

2008/10/28 12:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i want to recomend david bercots book "will the real heretic please stand up" . He proves this heretical doctrine false.This is a man made doctrine and no where to be found in the word of God.

Deu 30:19-20 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

2008/10/28 12:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy