SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any missionaries on this forum?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
LinaUrban

Mexico

Re: Any missionaries on this forum?

Yes. By the grace of God, He has called us to live and preach the Gospel here in Mexico. Please keep us in prayer!

Josef and Lina Urban
www.puregospeltruth.com

2009/6/27 16:42Profile

Re: Missionaires.

When I think of the missionary, I think of the burning heart and absolute commitment of men and women like George Whitefield, David Brainard, Gladys Aylward, Hudson Taylor, John Wesley and William Carey. I am left dwarfed and humbled, and how could you mention my name in the same breath? Committed unto death, and joyful to the end. Many were buried among their converts.

I also think of Jesus' commitment to the one, the singular, be he a tax collector, prostitute, or a leper. I think of the commission to be a "SENT ONE", as Paul. He was on a mission ordained by the Holy Spirit, buttressed by the authority of Jesus alone...."Go ye into all the Earth!"....to act upon his command and Holy word. But as our brother Spurgeon has counseled us; we all are asigned a mission to be a witness, and to bear fruit where we are planted, and often our mission is to love the weak, or our husband or wife, and as I see mine, to be a good brother, and a good son to the Father.

Often too, the Lord will set us down,put us on the shelf, until His inward purposes are done, like Moses in his 40 year humbling, or Elijah at Cherith just watching for the birds to fly by, alone.

In the end, we are all called to some form of mission or another. It is requires with any fulfillment of commission, however, that a person be faithful. Consider the widows mite, and who, I ask you, exactly IS the least of the brethren? Can they have a mission too?

A mission by definition is to fulfill a commission, and I think specifically, as you probably meant[ original poster ] in a geographical sense, in an Apostolic manner, adhering to the doctrine of the Apostles, either through evangelism, teaching and preaching to the lost, and those ignorant of the Graces of Jesus, usually typified as traveling to foreign lands. This is good, as long as you are anointed by God to bring forth holy fruit.

I have traveled some to the far east, in India, China, and Israel preaching and teaching some, and praying for the sick, encouraging the Church, etc. I am not, a missionary, but Oh, do I want to be!

2009/6/27 19:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy