SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Blog response to the 10 Indictments!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Blog response to the 10 Indictments!

[b]10 Indictments of the American Church[/b]

Paul Washer recently preached at the Revival Conference. During the conference he delivered a message entitled Ten Indictments.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17378&commentView=itemComments

260 years ago, God used the preaching of men like Jonathan Edwards and George Whitefield to bring about the Great Awakening in colonial America.

120 years ago, God used the preaching of men like Charles Spurgeon and Robert Shindler to warn the world of the downgrade of doctrine within evangelicalism--a downgrade, sadly, that continues to this day in the seeker, emergent, and other man-centered religious movements.

20 years ago, God used the teaching of John MacArthur in his book, The Gospel According to Jesus (which I am presently reading again), to reawaken the Church to the still-neglected and sinfully-ignored, essential doctrine of the Lordship of Jesus Christ, in evangelism and the life of the authentic follower of Christ.

More recently, God has used the ministries of men like Steve Lawson, Mark Kielar, and James White to re-educate and to re-ignite the passion in believers' hearts for the beautiful Doctrines of Grace, which permeate every book of the Bible.

Over the last few years, God has graciously introduced me to the ministry and preaching of Paul Washer. I truly believe that if revival--true revival--is to come to the United States, beginning within the four walls of American "churches," it will come by way of preaching like that of Paul Washer. It will come when preaching such of this is heard in pulpits and on street corners, throughout the nation.

In his sermon, Ten Indictments, Paul Washer succinctly, passionately, and accurately diagnoses ten symptoms of the spiritual cancer that is spreading rapidly throughout American churches.

They are as follows:

1) A practical denial of the sufficiency of Scripture

2) An ignorance of the character and attributes of God

3) A failure to address man's malady

4) An ignorance of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of regeneration

5) An unbiblical gospel presentation and invitation

6) An ignorance regarding the nature of the Church

7) A lack of loving and compassionate church discipline

8) A silence on separation (holiness)

9) Psychology and sociology have replaced the Scriptures in regards to the family

10) A departure from the faith and a devotion to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons (1 Timothy 4:1-16)

Please take the time to listen to this sermon.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17378&commentView=itemComments

If the Lord allows me to one-day shepherd one of His flocks again (and I believe He will, soon), this sermon will serve as a barometer for my ministry and the health of my church.

from: http://thelawmanchronicles.blogspot.com/2008/10/10-indictments-of-american-church.html

2008/10/25 19:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy