SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : I AM REDEEMED!!! I AM REDEEMED!!! HALLELUJAH I AM REDEEMED!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

I AM REDEEMED!!! I AM REDEEMED!!! HALLELUJAH I AM REDEEMED!!!

One of the many reasons that Jesus died on the cross was to redeem us from sin!

Leviticus chapter 25 explains the concepts and laws of redemption. Every 50 years was the year of Jubilee when every piece of land that had been sold was returned to its owner, and every person who had been sold as a slave was set free.

When land was sold it was sold with the calculation of how many years were left until Jubilee:

If a plot of land would produce $2,000.00 worth of fruit per year, and there were 10 years left until the year of jubilee, then it would be “sold” for $20,000.00. If after 5 years the original owner came back and put up $10,000.00 as redemption money, he could have his land back. At the year of jubilee, he got it back anyway.

Similarly, a poor and indebted person could “sell” himself as a slave at the going rate of a hired servant. If a hired hand earned $20,000.00 per year, and there were 10 years left until jubilee, he could “sell” himself for $200,000.00. If after 5 years he, or a family member offered $100,000.00 to redeem him, he could go free.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Just for a few moments of pleasure, each of us has foolishly and ignorantly sold ourselves in slavery to sin. For 10 years? For 30 years? For 500 years? NO!!! For ETERNITY!!!

At an average rate of $20,000.00 per year, my price for redemption from slavery for 30 years would be $600,000.00.

At an average rate of $20,000.00 per year, my price for redemption from slavery for 500 years would be $10,000,000.00.

At an average rate of $20,000.00 per year, my price for redemption from slavery for 5,000 years would be $100,000,000.00!

What about ALL ETERNITY??? No amount of money could come close . . . just for the simple task of redeeming me from the slavery of sin!!! This does not include revoking the judicial sentence against me for breaking God’s laws . . . This does not include healing for the sickness and brokenness that my sin brought on me . . . this is JUST redemption from the slavery that I sold myself into.

Can I take such redemption lightly? HOW COULD I come to know and understand the HIGH price that was paid for my redemption, and go back for some more of the sinful pleasures again??? HOW COULD I come to know and understand the utter impossibility of paying for my redemption, and go back to the pleasures of sin again and incur the same debt again???

No wonder Paul and Peter correlated redemption with holy living:

Titus 2:11 ¶For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

THANK GOD I AM REDEEMED!!!!

2008/10/23 1:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy