SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : {sermonindex.net newsletter} TEN INDICTMENTS BY PAUL WASHER (A HISTORICAL 21ST CENTURY MESSAGE)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Jimotheus

Re: {sermonindex.net newsletter} TEN INDICTMENTS BY PAUL WASHER (A HISTORICAL 21ST CE

Greetings:

Thank you for posting this wonderful sermon by Paul Washer. I have a question concerning my brother Paul: is he a calvinist? I hope that he is not, but if he is, I still except him as a man of God although I could not say the same for many others. Marantha.

2008/10/23 10:55Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

to the best of my knowledge, Brother Paul is a staunch 5-pointer, but loves all men the same as they love Jesus

2008/10/23 11:21Profile
Jimotheus

Re:

Greetings:

Thank you for answering my question concerning bro. Paul. What is disturbing about Calvinist is the belief that regeneration preceeds repentance and faith. This is unbiblical. Unless the Holy Spirit first convicts and convinces of sin and brings the reality of our condemnation upon us, so as to bring us to a repentant heart, there can be no regeneration. Repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Men are free to resist this ministry of the Holy Spirit and remain lost, or they can submit themselves to God in repentance and faith.

2008/10/23 11:31Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Well, the original Arminians (called the Remonstrants) also believed that regeneration preceded repentance and faith, they just said it was resistible. In this sense, I think they are further from Calvinism on what the practical outcome of regeneration means for the man. The Arminians called this pre-repentant grace "prevenient." I personally think they mixed two separate things together. I am with you that regeneration follows repentance and faith, and that the Calvinists have put the cart before the horse. But I also hope you understand that repentance and faith is nothing we have of ourselves. All the glory belongs to God. He creates, reveals, is longsuffering, convicts, has set the propitiation, and is gracious of His own desire to justify, regenerate, sanctify, and glorify men who absolutely hate and despise Him.

2008/10/23 12:07Profile
Trevino

Las Cruces, New Mexico

The Church is the Remnant...

What a message for our day! How confirming it was to hear that God is raising up young people around the world that have a longing for the Old Paths! Being 23, and having maybe THREE people (that I know of) in my city who have the same longing, it's so encouraging to hear that God is working and raising up others around the world. Sometimes you feel alone, and it seems like the enemy tries to discourage you in that.

I'm so glad brother Paul mentioned that "the Church is the remnant." That was so clarifying. So when we pray for an awakening, are we praying that God awakens and revives the wheat? Or the tares? Or both? Isn't the true wheat alive? Ay yay yay, I'm still a little confused about this.

Greg, thanks for posting this message dear brother. When we were in Bible college, I thought you were a nut that went off the deep end listening to men like Tozer and Ravenhill, but since the Lord awakened me in April, I have such a love for you and the sermonindex ministry brother...and now I find my iPod filled with nothing but Ravenhill and the others on sermonindex.

I hope you all are blessed, challenged, but also willing to change by brother Paul's message.

2008/10/23 12:38Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: The Church is the Remnant...

This message was the word of the Lord for this hour. We must return to THE BIBLE, KNOWING GOD, THE GOSPEL, REGENERATION, HOW TO PREACH CHRIST, THE NATURE OF THE CHURCH, AND HOW TO LIVE AS CHRISTIANS TOGETHER. Glory to God for raising up saints to declare the truth and praise God for saints who hear and respond to His Word.

Indeed, may God bless the Church!

2008/10/23 12:46Profile
lumbre

no other way

Brother Paul was the first one that I listened to on SermonIndex and I have been listening and reading ever since . Thank you for this program. My heart has been waiting for this all my life and I accept no other way, but the old paths way of the Lord.

2008/10/23 13:14Profile
JoanM

Re: Response in 24 hours

During a break in the conference today, I went to a small women’s group. I shared [b]just one point[/b] from this message after another woman shared about someone who was “saved in the Church” going to college and coming to believe that Christianity was a myth like the many other myths she was leaning about. (Gospel not preached point) 6 of the 7 women leaned forward to hear more. One went ballistic! People were surprised and silent. There was defensiveness by the outraged woman, silence, and we moved on to the subject of our study "the communion of saints". That has never happened to me before. Only open unbelievers, and few of them, have had such a strong reaction.

Per my above post ([b]this is not just for correction[/b]), I saw one of the laboring pastors at a memorial service.(I live in a small town.) He had listened to the message [u]already[/u] and Oh how he preached. Reserved people said Halleluiah! Later he said he kept looking at me because he knew I knew. He was full of Joy. Very encouraging to me. I love this dear old saint.

Don’t much look forward to any pastor going ballistic, though. But I know the Truth in Love is not attack and needs no defense.

Maybe we could share here on response from others who hear this? Much prayer and Divine Love as God leads.

2008/10/23 22:25Profile
MikeAtnip

Quaker City, Ohio

Re:

I must say that apart from some theological differences that I may have with Bro. Washer, his message was like the clear sound of a trumpet. I didn't know there were any Baptists around that would lift their voice like this against the present apostasy.

2008/10/23 23:21Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

You can leave official comments on the sermon here so all will see them: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17378&commentView=itemComments

2008/10/24 0:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy