SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Traveling to the revival conference

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Traveling to the revival conference

Please be in prayer for our family (the Courvilles) as we travel to Georgia today for the revival conference.

Thank you.

~Joy

P.S. If you're also traveling to the conference feel free to post request for prayer here.

2008/10/18 6:31
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Traveling to the revival conference

Amen see you all tomorrow.

2008/10/18 10:16Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

I am leaving Sunday A.M. to head for Atlanta and making one pit stop before I arrive on Tuesday. I covet your prayers for travel.

2008/10/18 17:17Profile
JoanM

Re:

In addition to those praying individually for all traveling to the conference, the tuesday prayer call, prays tonight in 45 minutes, for these needs.

God speed with joy and anticipation/thanksgiving for what He is going to do.

2008/10/18 20:21Profile
dbeckstr

Re:A thought to offer for the revival conference

A thought occurred to me this morning during my devotion.

The kingdom of this world, and the USA, as we see it today has been built and established on the wisdom of the wisest man that ever lived, king Solomon. Both Godly and ungodly rely on the wisdom imparted to Solomon by God.

Though started with all intention and heart to follow God, in the fullness of his abundance, Solomon's adultery began his downfall. He traded humility and reliance on God for pride, pleasure, and self sufficiency (control). It is curious also that while his father asked God to sit at his right hand, Solomon made a throne for his mother to sit at his right hand. In a Godly authority structure, the right hand of a ruler is RESERVED for Jesus. In heaven, and in David's witnessed on earth. The right hand is used in making and establishing covenant...a simple handshake...binding words with flesh. Though a point of trivia, I also believe the right hand of God is used to demonstrate and execute acts of His power.

Why would a man dispose Jesus for his mother?

I believe it is linked to a lack of real reconciliation between father and son. He may follow the wisdom of his father, and in competitive spirit try to exceed, but at best will only follow the heart of his father halfheartedly, which leaves the door WIDE open for dividing his heart - adultery. All that is left is the pride a man feels when he exceeds the "righteousness" of his own fathers wisdom.

How twisted. Deceptive. It breeds men that are divided at their core. A simple exchange. Wisdom for a divided heart. The enemy is quite happy to make this exchange. It quite simply prevents men from their greatest ministry on this earth.

The ministry of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Quite simply, what integrity do we have to call multitudes to be reconciled to God, when we remain divided toward Him first, and second, unreconciled to our own earthly fathers? It is irrelevant if they be righteous or wicked!

How do we have the righteousness to reconcile our families to God without first being reconciled to our own father?

Of course from Malachi 4 we have:
6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

and from Luke 1:

16 Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous -- to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

It is curious here that the forerunner of Christ, John, is prophetically spoken of to return the hearts of fathers to sons. Do is not appear then that in order for this verse to be in unity with the verse from Malachi, that John's heart must be reconciled to his own father if he were to undertake reconciliation between other father's and their sons? Is this same observation not also true of Christ Himself? Christ was in perfect unity with His Father. And we think we can disregard this in our ministry?

Forgiveness where necessary is the only solution.
If we will not forgive our fathers, how are we to be forgiven? How are we to, in truth, preach forgiveness to others in integrity of heart?

If we are called to be the spiritual head in our homes, then is not the responsibility to act on these truths ours? Is this not the essence of spiritual leadership? To first lead in the ministry of reconciliation and second to love our bride by laying down our life for her? One is not possible without the other. For both those by marriage, and by our other covenant relationship (the church).

You will understand that both of these actions require the sacrificial, extravagant, life-giving love of God within first. You must love Jesus until you live, become the Gospel. The ONLY hope for resurrection, new life, is the cross. GIVING IT ALL with no expectation of new life, and no acknowledgement from your Father (this requires a heart reconciled to the, our, father), only obedience unto death. If the bride is captivated by your love, she will choose of herself to return her heart to yours. By no other means is this possible on the earth, without Christ. This is the gospel.

We have sold ourselves to lesser theologies that titilate our immature need for affirmation and spiritual, soulish power, which lack authority because of the divided heart from which it springs. The results are in, and these do not give fruit that lasts... it rots on the tree. Life giving fruit comes from a life giving tree... Jesus Christ. The Gospel, the passion of the greatest, most jealous lover, is the hope for the nations, within us as its vessel. Those who lay down all to follow Christ till they become the gospel themselves will see the kingdom come in their own lives, hearts, families, and then will be rightly established to reach into the nations of the earth. Not a kingdom of this world, but one that rules from the temple within, a rebuilt, re-established temple patterened after Solomon's himself, but unseen, built with this same heart after God, wisdom, skill, creativity, extravagance, and beauty... a heart undivided, and wholly a vessel for the worship and glory of God, with Christ on the throne, and the presence of God descending into the Holy of Holies again in intimate communion with the believer.

This unseen kingdom established in the hearts of the faithfull will weather, endure, the false one we will see in the end times, it matters not how soon they be if we pattern our "lives" ie the source within us from which our life springs after God's design. The false, seen, kingdom that has been coming for 2000 years is in the same pattern of wisdom, and form, but "in truth", though it is actually false, it will appear as a "perfect" wineskin to draw together the theologies of the world, but will be filled with abominations. It will appear in reality, physically, in Jerusalem, in the rebuilt temple of Solomon, except ruled by the antichrist, as we know.

One will be unseen, but it's fruit will be real...sacrificial love, grace, peace, mercy, and joy and real freedom, all life-giving qualities amoung them.

One will be seen, but whose fruit will be false, bringing bondage and death. But whose deceptive nature by being in very form a "real" kingdom will bind those to it who's lives are built on the same principles as it, and who's hearts like it are divided, and unreconciled.

Anyways, I am sure these thoughts are not new, but perhaps timely once again. I thought this would be the best forum to share them.

The main idea I think is: Don't try to start/finish in the world what you first have not started/finished at home. First the closet, then the bedroom, THEN the family room. Clean house if you will. Does it not make perfect sense, then, that we will have no shame, but instead, unity, when we sit down together in the dining room, and partake of God's grace and abundance to us, as families once again, whether as individual, or corporately. That is the atmosphere into which we should be inviting the lost. Into family. Where Men are men, women are women, and children are children. But the love is shared. Freely given, freely give. And peace is present. And the Head. Christ.

I believe the church needs to re-establish its integrity to preach reconciliation by becoming a reconciling community once again, and the only place to start is in our own homes and families.

I think the need for significance and personal glory often overshadows this idea, and we are just as vulnerable to it in the church, whether we call it revival, renewal, or anything else.

David

2008/10/18 20:40Profile

Re:

Thank you for praying. We arrived safely and are comfortably settled in the home of a wonderful family.

2008/10/18 21:36

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy