SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics :  ABSOLUTE SURRENDER

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

ABSOLUTE SURRENDER

I totally surrender to God:

* My spirit
* My will
* My mind
* My emotions
* My body
* My circumstances
* My plans for the future
* My family
* My dreams and hopes
* My past successes and failures
* My habits
* My problems
* My relationships
* My finances
I promise you five things if you give your life to Jesus Christ on HIS terms:

* Affliction
* Persecution
* Tribulation
* Ridicule
* Eternal life

I give up the following rights:

* The right to pleasant circumstances.
* The right to be accepted.
* The right to be successful.
* The right to my possessions.
* The right to be rescued from my circumstances.
* The right to see results.
* The right to know the specific will of God.
* The right to understand my circumstances.
* The right to be proven right.
* The right to be loved.
* The right to have a mate or children.
* The right to be used by God the way I want to be.
* The right to live in the place I choose.
* The right to the job I want.

I give God permission to do anything He wishes to me, with me, in me or through me that would glorify Him. I once claimed these rights as mine, but now they belong to God and are under His control. He can do with them anything He pleases.

2008/10/16 8:42
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: ABSOLUTE SURRENDER

Quote: 'I give God permission...'

Well, I don't know if I would phrase it that way, but I think I know what you mean.

Good article.

2008/10/16 8:49Profile

Re:

Yea... thats the only thing I have a problem with. God doesnt need our permission to do anything. But I understand the spirit of what your post is saying.

Now, if we could all just live that out...!

Krispy

2008/10/16 9:00

we do need to give up OUR control.

Yes, we do need to give up OUR control.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2008/10/16 9:12

Re:

Krispy,

I guess by what you said, you are still in control.

That is why you do not experience HIS life because you are still in control of yours.

2008/10/16 9:15
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I guess we could all plead guilty of being in control of our own lives.

Can we say, along with the apostle Paul, 'I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me...,Gal 2v20.

I feel I've a long way to go before I can truly say that.

2008/10/16 9:32Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

I believe we could add one for all on SI:
I give up the right to be right!

Clint

2008/10/16 11:18Profile
JoanM

Re: About permission and control

When we HEAR the Truth, maybe the word that best catches what occurs is AGREEING with the Truth. The Holy Spirit of God, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Christ, reveals and elaborates the Word of God from then on.

I wish I could just post the word AGREE as an offering here. Our lives as an unfolding agreement with God, with the Truth of His Word, all of it and nothing else. Maybe I’ll try just posting that. Sigh. Maybe not. How would that make sense to anyone?

2008/10/16 15:18Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: ABSOLUTE SURRENDER

FreeCD

May I ask if you are entirely surrendered to Christ?”

2008/10/16 17:44Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

FreeCd the reason I ask this question on the ealier post is that I would hate for you to be trying to surrender all in your own strength.

God has been talking to me about surrendering everything for over a year know. I have not got to that point yet but I can hear the Holy Spirit saying surrender all to me.

I have read your early post about where you lay out different points about what you give up and stop and what you get in return but to me that is not what surrender is about. Thats not the surrender God is requesting from me.

The surrender that God is requesting from me is the giving of my whole heart to him, it's loving God with all my heart, trusting God with all my heart. That's the impression the Holy Spirit is giving me.

When I wrote that I thought about scripture where Jesus says in Matthew 22 v 37 Love your Lord God with all your heart, with all you soul and mind. He then goes onto to say in v 38 this is the first and greatest commandment.

To me that's Absolute Surrender, it's submission a opening up so he can fill every part of your heart. It not like a surrender that a military conquest brings but a humbling of the I in you. It's like what Pauls says in Gal 2v20 I have been crucified with Christ, I no longer live but Christ who lives in me.

So how do I get from where I am, to where the Holy Spirit wants to lead me. I will wait, I will pray and I won't get stressed out by trying to do it as I cannot do the things of God in my own strength. There will come a time that God will help me to surrender all to him. Where I die and will be crucified with Christ and it will be no longer I that lives but Christ who lives in me and I'll love God with all my heart, soul and mind.

I hope this helps you in your quest.

2008/10/17 20:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy