SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Video: The Prostitution of the Blood of Christ: T-Shirts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

From Easton's dictionary...

Blasphemey:

[i]In the sense of speaking evil of God this word is found in Ps. 74:18; Isa. 52:5; Rom. 2:24; Rev. 13:1, 6; 16:9, 11, 21. It denotes also any kind of calumny, or evil-speaking, or abuse (1 Kings 21:10; Acts 13:45; 18:6, etc.). Our Lord was accused of blasphemy when he claimed to be the Son of God (Matt. 26:65; comp. Matt. 9:3; Mark 2:7). They who deny his Messiahship blaspheme Jesus (Luke 22:65; John 10:36). Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (Matt. 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28, 29; Luke 12:10) is regarded by some as a continued and obstinate rejection of the gospel, and hence is an unpardonable sin, simply because as long as a sinner remains in unbelief he voluntarily excludes himself from pardon. [b]Others regard the expression as designating the sin of attributing to the power of Satan those miracles which Christ performed, or generally those works which are the result of the Spirit's agency.[/b][/i]

I've heard it described as attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to that of Satan. When the Holy Spirit uses a tool (in this case a t-shirt) to bring about witnessing opportunities... and someone calls it "distasteful", and condemns it... I dont know what else to call it.

Krispy

2008/10/16 10:48

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
I wasn't the one mocking this guys video calling some of it petty

I would hardly call my post about his video "mocking".

Quote:
Also since when did a t-shirt became part of the canon of scripture?

Did I say it was? No...

Quote:
Since you called it blasphemous for me to disagree?

No, I said condemning something that God has obviously used to open doors of communication about Him is "close" to blasphemey.

Quote:
Just because others on SI may have bought the T-shirt doesn't mean they have some influence over my belief, and make the point that it is absolute truth now!

What I meant by what I said was several other folks here have had similar experiences as me concerning a great witnessing tool. It's no different than using tracts to open up doors of communication.

Quote:
The only reason VOM offers that shirt is because American Christians buy this stuff.

Uhmm... you know the heart of VOM? Have you considered that perhaps VOM offers this shirt in order to help raise awareness of the struggle of our persecuted brethren? It certainly has been an effective tool in my life.

Quote:
(I know they are trying to raise money, but just give it and be done.)

Actually... I give to them monthly, along with financial support to other ministries... with nothing in return. I dont even claim my giving on my income tax because I dont ever want that to become a motivation to give. I want to give according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
We have bumper stickers, jewelery, jeans for Jesus now. Because we consume it and buy it with our now Christian credit cards, some places offer now.

No argument there... as I have stated very clearly from the beginning of this thread, and a miriad of other threads.

Quote:
Sorry but for you to say if they can wear the scars for Christ then at least I can do is wear a shirt for the persecuted church! Think about what you just said! I will hold my opinion to myself on that one. Because I fear that this will propel us to regret somethings said.

As I stated... and you have conveniently ignored... I do more than wear a shirt. Most folks here dont have any idea the ministries I am involved in. I do not share that because I know me, and I know it can be an issue of pride for me. So suffice it to say that to characterize me as only "wearing a shirt for the persecuted church" is not only false, but shows that you have ignored everything I've said about on this very thread.

Quote:
I felt that you critiqued this guys video to know end, because you were offended by his view point and had to voice it. Which is fine, but to call it petty was rude. He just wanted to share this video, and I thought he did a pretty good job. everyone else had a short statement of encouragement, but you had to go in depth and analyze it to death.

Just because you have a negative view of me doesnt mean that my original post was negative. Your projecting things onto me that simply are not true. I gave an honest opinion so that perhaps he can gain some insight into how OTHERS may view his video. Obviously he expected feedback or he wouldnt have posted it here of all places. I cant voice my opinion? My post wasnt vindictive or angry or negative... it was honest. Some of it was petty. Most of it was right on, and I stated that clearly. But because it would contradict the picture you're trying to paint of me... you ignore that part completely.

Lastly... your response to me is completely negative and unChristlike. You're the only negative response I've received concerning this thread, and believe me... if I step out of bounds I hear about it both on the thread and in PM's. So far... just you. I suspect your angry response to me shows that this has more to do with your dislike of me than anything else.

Me, personally... I love you.

And dont call me "sir"... I work for a living.

Krispy

Well I don't have a problem with you or dislike you, because I don't know you, I think you probably can be a little hard and zealous with your opinions. Not to say they are wrong or right, but for me, you can come across hard; reading your previous threads. How do I know this...because I can be that way too.

I don't know why saying "sir" means that you work for a living? Didn't get that one.

As far as the other responses, I won't respond back, only for the purpose that it will perpetuate this more.

:-)

2008/10/16 11:03

Re:

Quote:
Well I don't have a problem with you or dislike you, because I don't know you, I think you probably can be a little hard and zealous with your opinions.

You're absolutely right... I can be. And I've had to back track at times and apologize for it. But I dont think my original post was over the top or too harsh. But thats open for interpretation.

Quote:
How do I know this...because I can be that way too.

We have common ground then. :-)

Quote:
I don't know why saying "sir" means that you work for a living? Didn't get that one.

It's an old military joke.... I was messin' with ya, but you didnt get it, so nevermind.

Quote:
As far as the other responses, I won't respond back, only for the purpose that it will perpetuate this more.

Believe it or not, I had made up my mind that I had said all I had to say about this... so let's just put it bed.

Love ya, bro...

Krispy

2008/10/16 11:12

Re:

Quote:
Believe it or not, I had made up my mind that I had said all I had to say about this... so let's just put it bed.

I agree

I can take my blows from the best of them. :-)

Never hard feelings with me...just the yankee in me...I suppose!

Blessings to you and love you in the Lord
Mike

2008/10/16 11:32

Re:

Quote:
Never hard feelings with me...just the yankee in me...I suppose!

Ahhh... now I understand! Well, we're both American by birth, my brother. I just happen to be Southern by the grace of God. :-)

Krispy

2008/10/16 11:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy