SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : URGENT!! Burmese and Karen Refugees

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

URGENT!! Burmese and Karen Refugees

Dear brothers and sisters I would like to bring to your attention a great need that we must give ourselves to both in prayer and physical help. In Salt Lake City today our dear sister Sherry Jarvis visited some refugee families and found that there were many many children with no shoes on their feet and no warm clothes or even long pants. She phoned me in tears over the situation of these young children whose hands and feet were ice cold and whose noses were running. We must as the body of Christ act now to help these dear people. They are not across the ocean but right in our own backyard, and winter is here and they literally have nothing. Please contact me by phone or e-mail with support. Clothes, gloves, pants, shoes, socks and even some toys. If you don't have these things around the house then you could go to the DI or thrift store and if you don't have time for that you can give a donation and we will use it for these needs. We are trying to get back down there
this thursday.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

You can reach me at 435-563-4038 or 435-752-1940, Please send this out on your prayer chains and church bulletins. We need to act quickly.

In Christ; Alan Taylor

2008/10/13 1:32Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Burmese and Karen Refugees

Just pushing this back up ;-)

2008/10/13 11:59Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

:-(

2008/10/14 10:28Profile

Re:

Hi brother Alan, I have been concerned about the poor and homeless too lately, more so now with the economy the way it is. My concern is that there is going to be such a need out there with winter coming, the economy ect..that only those like yourself will be able to attend to these needs locally right away as the needs arise. I will pray about your situation. If there is anything my husband and I can do we will even if it's just praying about it. I would like to see the churches rise up locally and attend to these needs and my hope is that they will. We live in Florida where the homeless population is growing very rapidly so we understand. We have a mobile home park nearby and sometimes the kids come to the bus stop without jackets.

Also I read this story: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/13/economy.violence.ap/index.html

I didn't want to post it for fear of backlash. Things will continue to get worse and if we tarry we may even see pestilence. When people are not properly cared for the fact is they get sick more often. It's not something we like to talk about, that's why they stoned the prophets. Also people don't want to hear about the homeless and sick because it's depressing ect..Praying the Lord makes a way..

2008/10/14 10:53
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Burmese and Karen Refugees

Alan,

Has this situation improved any since you posted this?

ginnyrose

2008/10/18 21:27Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Thanks for asking. A group is headed to Salt Lake tomorrow with bags of clothes to help the Karen people there. Apparently there is great spiritual warfare going on in this large apartment complex. Recently a Burmese young man killed a young Karen girl. This caused terrible tension and the Burmese were apparently moved to Arizona. Also the Mormons have been preying on these poor people and sending vans to take them to their meetings and getting them baptized. We heard from a pastors wife that when they went to the apartments with their church van the Mormon van driver blocked the driveway and warned the Karen people not to go with the Christians. Please pray as this is major spiritual warfare.

2008/10/19 1:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Praying for protection.

2008/10/19 1:41Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Dear Saints, please continue to pray for the Karen refugees here in Utah. There is a great physical need as far as food and clothing is concerned. But the spiritual need is even greater. I was in SLC yesterday with my family and witnessed first hand the Mormons coming and taking these poor people to their meetings. Also as we went door to door we could see on the walls inside some of the apartments pictures of Gordon B Hinkley and the SLC Temple. These people are being taken captive by the enemy please, please pray for their souls.

2008/12/22 12:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy