Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The nature of our warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
live4jc

The nature of our warfare

Hi everyone,

As we know, Ephesians 6:10-18 delineates the primary 'methods' a Christian uses to fight the spiritual battle he/she is called to. In some ways 'method' seems not the most appropriate term to use. I don't believe we are called to be methodical (as in a step by step process) in our warfare against Satan. In essence, as we love God with all our mind, soul and strength, we end up carrying spiritual battle, as a result.

With these thoughts as a foundation, the question remains, are we as Christians called to use 'methods' (This may not be the best word)in our warfare against Satan ? For example, although I've never read the book, I understand that A.W. Tozer wrote a book called, 'I talk back to the Devil'.
- Do you believe that 'rebuking Satan' is a practice that is desirable/effective, when we sense that he may be attacking us ?
- Are there other practices we should employ in the area of spiritual warfare that are scriptural ?

In general, how do we characterize the 'nature of spiritual warfare' in the life of a Christian ?

In Jesus,
John

2008/10/10 18:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy